**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

So.... Anybody going for that new 5 Star featured hero Crystal?

G0311G0311 Posts: 913 ★★★
If so, I'd like to hear what people got out of them, maybe they will be mostly good....who knows

Comments

• ThatweirdguyThatweirdguy Posts: 675 ★★★
    I'd be interested to know how many of these are opened. Can't imagine wasting the extra 5k shards on them.
  • StewmanStewman Posts: 735 ★★★
    I won't for the first one. But I might for the next one that will have Hulk Rags and Killmonger in it.
  • SpiritOfVengeanceSpiritOfVengeance Posts: 2,353 ★★★★
    edited February 2018
    They are here for 83 days so I am going to use my shards on blade then save any 5 star shards I get for the next refresh batch of this new crystal and maybe go for one of these things.
  • G0311G0311 Posts: 913 ★★★
    Boy I envy whoever gets Cyclops, he’s just so damn effective

And definitely worth 15k of shards lol
    They are here for 83 days so I am going to use my shards on blade then save any 5 star shards I get for the next refresh batch of this new crystal and maybe go for one of these things.

Maybe the new batch will have better background champs as well, unless the background champs are always the same
  • DrpancakesDrpancakes Posts: 102
    As seatin mentioned in his very short video moments ago....NO
    Drpancakes wrote: »
    As seatin mentioned in his very short video moments ago....NO

Lol, I just saw that vid, i must of rewatched like 20 times
  • MhykkeMhykke Posts: 431 ★★★
    I'm really after only a good science 5 star, and really want void.....I popped one (pulled punisher 2099).....I'll save the rest of my shards and think about whether or not I want to pop to keep trying for that void....have plenty of time to think about it.
  • Gladiator09Gladiator09 Posts: 287 ★★
    I would rather get cyclops from basic 5* crystals
  • So where are they going to put sabretooth? Just insert him into this **** when he becomes available?
  • LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    So where are they going to put sabretooth? Just insert him into this **** when he becomes available?

Yes. Build up 6 new features, mix in 18 basics, and a new feature pops out in 3 months.
  • DHCVoLtDHCVoLt Posts: 266
    Don’t judge me yes. I want modok, hela, and void. I don’t want it like this, it’s terrible, but I want the champs
  • BadroseBadrose Posts: 777 ★★★
    Nope, at least not this time.
  • Never. Shouldn't be in the game to start with. Removing the old feature system was a mistake.

It is part of increasing the availability of 5* shards, and there was no option to increase shards and not radically alter this crystal. The number of shards simply gave people too many shots at one particular champ.

Moreover, at the point where the rate of 5* shards we are earning becomes about 5.24 times higher than what we were earning when the original featured crystal was introduced, we will have the same odds of pulling a *specific* champion from the new featured as we used to with the original featured. That's even if you assume all 23 other champs are worthless. We are more than half way to that point now on average, and some players could conceivably be there already.
  • DNA3000 wrote: »
    Never. Shouldn't be in the game to start with. Removing the old feature system was a mistake.

It is part of increasing the availability of 5* shards, and there was no option to increase shards and not radically alter this crystal. The number of shards simply gave people too many shots at one particular champ.

Moreover, at the point where the rate of 5* shards we are earning becomes about 5.24 times higher than what we were earning when the original featured crystal was introduced, we will have the same odds of pulling a *specific* champion from the new featured as we used to with the original featured. That's even if you assume all 23 other champs are worthless. We are more than half way to that point now on average, and some players could conceivably be there already.

Right. But you can spend thousands of dollars getting infinite shots at a new champ. And soon you can spend just as much grinding the arena. But having earned multiple shots at one champ for free. No that’s not right at all. You really want to claim it’s an invalid conspiracy theory?
  • DNA3000 wrote: »
    Never. Shouldn't be in the game to start with. Removing the old feature system was a mistake.

Right. But you can spend thousands of dollars getting infinite shots at a new champ. And soon you can spend just as much grinding the arena. But having earned multiple shots at one champ for free. No that’s not right at all. You really want to claim it’s an invalid conspiracy theory?

Well, it is an invalid conspiracy theory because there's no conspiracy: no one is conspiring to hide what the game is doing since it is all pretty obvious.

And yes, if the game reward system is designed in a particular way and the developers start changing one part, they have to consider adjustments to all connected parts. You're oversimplifying what I said: I never said it wasn't "right" that people could get multiple shots at one champ "for free." What I said was that the odds of getting that champ in the featured crystal were predicated on a certain level of availability of the shards we use to purchase that crystal. When we start getting many multiples of that amount, the odds of landing that champ dramatically rise with lots of repeated tries, which was not intended. If that was not intended, they should and will change it.

You seem to be trying to make this about what players "deserve." Deserve has nothing to do with it. Games do not give out rewards based on what players deserve. They do so based on what the game is designed to allow. If you don't accept that, you won't understand what game developers do, and it will all seem to be incomprehensible conspiracy machinations. And when you complain about it to the game developers, because they aren't actually doing the things you are accusing them of doing, they will literally be unable to address, or even significantly consider your concerns.

If I kept accusing you, day after day, of doing something you were obviously not doing, it would probably take no time at all for you to simply start ignoring me completely. That's the normal human response. Game developers are no different.
  • Lt_Magnum_1Lt_Magnum_1 Posts: 639 ★★
    Don't open 5* featured crystals.
  • chaos3430chaos3430 Posts: 126
    5K extra (150%) value for a 4% chance at a good pull, no thanks. I will never go for that, no matter who the feature is.
  • chaos3430 wrote: »
    5K extra (150%) value for a 4% chance at a good pull, no thanks. I will never go for that, no matter who the feature is.

If there is literally only one champion in the crystal you want, you shouldn't get them; that should be obvious.

But the new featured crystals will have six featured champs in them besides the eighteen basics: the six most recent featured champs as of when the crystal is released, more or less. Whether the crystal is a good deal depends on whether more than one champ is a desirable one. For example, the six 5* champions added to the basic crystal in one batch in October were Karnak, Rogue, Quake, Phoenix, Ghost Rider, Voodoo. If those champions were the six featured champs in the new featured champion, there would be at least three, possibly four desirable 5* champs in there (Rogue, GR, Voodoo, and possibly Quake for some people). If even a few of the basics were reasonably good, such a crystal would be worth going after. It mostly depends on the order and strength of the 5* featureds coming up in the future. If four or five really good ones line up, it will make that crystal worth buying.

No different really from the current featured, where everyone wants to open Blade but a lot less want to open Howard the Duck.
  • shchong2shchong2 Posts: 2,419 ★★★★
    NO! not for me. Nothing to explain. Thanks Kabam for the new featured crystal, you nailed it! :)

Someone said no too, and nothing much to explain too.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5ZmOCJK9rw
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    G0311 wrote: »
    Do you guys think if this ends up a big flop , they will return to the old crystal or maybe make them cheaper? 15k can take a month to save up to. Thats a lot of time wasted just to get Jane Foster lol

No.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    edited February 2018
    I'm sure people will go for it. Not all perhaps. That doesn't mean they will scrap the idea.
  • Stara99Stara99 Posts: 423 ★★
    I’d rather spend 10k to get a jugs rather then spend 15k shards for him