**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Selling 5* champs

Why aren’t we able to sell our 5* champions , I really don’t think we should be cornered into keeping **** champions that have no use ...

Comments

• BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    What if you sell them and they become the next new god tier champ, like what happened with magik
  • Vossler77Vossler77 Posts: 683 ★★
    Does anyone agree? If we say nothing they will never change it...this is a part of he game that needs to change , we are able to sell 1,2,3, and 4* champions why not 5* , and please don’t tell us they’re too valuable

I'm with you.
  • imnooneimnoone Posts: 316 ★★
    5* champs are more valuable.
    For each person wanting to sell their 5* champs, there were 10 people who were filing tickets that they accidentally sold their 5* champs.
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,035 ★★★★★
    Im wuld never and ever sell a 5 Stars tons of arean point make the grind alot esay and. Im like u dont kan sell Them Becasse. When u get hacked fx. U cant loss yours 5 Stars.
  • RunawaytrainnRunawaytrainn Posts: 9
    edited February 2018
    What if you sell them and they become the next new god tier champ, like what happened with magik

The point is we shouldn’t be able to sell the champs we don’t want not if they’ll be buffed ... I understand your point but it really has nothing to do with the fact that we are forced into keeping these champions and not givinthe option to sell like the other chamions
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,192 ★★★★★
    ArmandStar wrote: »
    AxeCopFire wrote: »
    Noobs in 2017: "omg I sold my 5 star by accident! Help me Kabam!"

Noobs in 2018: "omg why can't I sell my 5 stars so I can get a 6 star? Help me Kabam!"

to be fair, we didn't have 6 stars in 2017, thus selling 5 stars would earn you nothing valuable (no 6 shards), while selling them now would get you 6 star shards

That's one of the reasons we can't sell them. People would burn through their 5* Roster. That, and the accidental sales.
  • MRTELMRTEL Posts: 18
    How about T4B and T4CC?
    ArmandStar wrote: »
    burning through rosters is a personal choice and i see no reason to forbid it.
    accidental sells i understand, but purposefully selling several champs to grind a crystal of the next rarity? that's not wise but it is a valid strategy

Right. So selling your entire Roster for a 6* is a valid strategy? I have to disagree on that one.
    There's also the fact that 6*s are meant to have a rarity in the game, at least upon inception. There are various ways to acquire Shards, and selling 5*s would open a Pandora's Box where people would most likely sell their 5*s and flood the game with 6*s faster than is intended.
  • We should be able to sell any champ on our roster, we bust our ass or wallets to get them so we should be able to decide what happens to them.
    It's their product. If they want to release content at a certain pace, it's their call.
  • ZzyzxGuyZzyzxGuy Posts: 1,292 ★★★
    It's their product. If they want to release content at a certain pace, it's their call.

The wisdom in your post is very grounded.
    ZzyzxGuy wrote: »

The wisdom in your post is very grounded.

Thought that was a pretty grounded statement. It's not up to us whether we should be able to sell 5*s for Shards just because we want 6*s faster. Personally I think they should remove selling altogether.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    There's also the fact that 6*s are meant to have a rarity in the game, at least upon inception. There are various ways to acquire Shards, and selling 5*s would open a Pandora's Box where people would most likely sell their 5*s and flood the game with 6*s faster than is intended.

This is nonsense. It may have some truth at a later date but the current 6* pool is meh and you can't rank them high in any case. Add to that the 5* arena. No one with a brain would sell a bunch of 5*s for one of these unduped 6*s and those who did would make themselves worse. At some point it will make sense to sell some 5*s. We aren't there yet.
    It makes perfect sense when they want 6*s to have a rarity and be accessible through the avenues they've introduced. They should remove the ability to sell Champs altogether. It's counterintuitive to the design of the game. The game is built on acquiring and using Champs through a steady flow of progression. Resources are different. They're expendable.
    It makes perfect sense when they want 6*s to have a rarity and be accessible through the avenues they've introduced. They should remove the ability to sell Champs altogether. It's counterintuitive to the design of the game. The game is built on acquiring and using Champs through a steady flow of progression. Resources are different. They're expendable.

No. 1000x no. It absolutely makes sense to sell some 4* 3/30s sometimes and it's your team. You should be able to sell a champ in general if you want. The only reason for blocking selling was the same reason for T4cc. Too many accidental sales = too much extra work for the game team. Even garbage 5*s are valuable in arena and they are introducing a new 5* arena. Your argument is absurd. How many 6* shards would a 5* sale be worth? If it's 500 you'd have to sell 20 5*s to get one probably garbage 6* you can't rank and isn;t duped. No one would do that and if they did they would be worse off. When 6*s become the new 5*s it may make sense to sell some 5*s or not depending on where the game is.

No. 1000x no. It absolutely makes sense to sell some 4* 3/30s sometimes and it's your team. You should be able to sell a champ in general if you want. The only reason for blocking selling was the same reason for T4cc. Too many accidental sales = too much extra work for the game team. Even garbage 5*s are valuable in arena and they are introducing a new 5* arena. Your argument is absurd. How many 6* shards would a 5* sale be worth? If it's 500 you'd have to sell 20 5*s to get one probably garbage 6* you can't rank and isn;t duped. No one would do that and if they did they would be worse off. When 6*s become the new 5*s it may make sense to sell some 5*s or not depending on where the game is.

Just read your post again. No idea what you mean by they are expendable and can't be sold lol. @GroundedWisdom
  • Well I have 5 5* science champions so they are useless because it takes so much to level them up! At least let me trade them or something otherwise I have shehulk, redhulk, hulk, and rhino just wasting away!
  • SgtSlaughter78SgtSlaughter78 Posts: 462 ★★★
    Wait.

Are we seriously accepting that because some people can’t be trusted not to ‘accidentally’ sell their 5* champs that everyone loses the right to be able to do so?

That’s like banks removing ATMs because of the amount of people that incorrectly enter their PIN number.

I dont buy it, the ability to sell 5* champs was removed before the introduction of 6* champs to prevent people building up shards and to keep them at the high end of the game. I’ve got a 6* Cable, so I’m not salty, but let’s just be honest and call it for what it is.

Why not just make it clear that under no circumstances will 5* champ sales be reversed? Hacking is a whole different issue. A simple announcement and extra ‘are you sure’ step would be sufficient to allow folk to continue to sell their 5* champs as they have done in he past.

To suggest that everyone loses the right to make decisions about which champs they want to keep or otherwise because some cannot be trusted is an absolute nonsense and treating the player base like fools.
  • SgtSlaughter78SgtSlaughter78 Posts: 462 ★★★
    But that’s hacking and a completely separate security issue. They could still sell all of your 4*s so it doesn’t make any difference as far as I can see.
  • PalanthraxPalanthrax Posts: 918 ★★★★
    To be fair to Kabam, for once I agree with them on this. As a software developer myself, preventing users from doing dumbass things is part of the job. Otherwise, it's Kabam's support team that pay the price with the constant requests to restore champs and undo mistakes. I'm not surprised they were sick of it.

It also prevents account sabotage for people sharing their account with others (oh, I forgot, this doesn't happen anymore /sarcasm).
This discussion has been closed.