**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Announcing: Act 5 Chapter 2

Comments

• BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    @Beowulf
    I'm seriously doubting you would prefer master rewards to act 5 chapter 2. I think you're just trying to stand by your statement.

Let's compare each of the rewards.
    Master on the left and chapter 2 on the right
    1000x 4-Star Crystal Shards instead of 1500 4*
    500x 5-Star Crystal Shards instead of 1900 5*
    150x Units instead of 430
    1x Tier 4 Generic Catalyst instead of 2 basic
    25x Tier 4 Class Catalyst Fragment Crystal instead of 45 frag crystals and 1 whole one
    10x 4-Star Signature Stone Crystals instead of 5 generic and 15 crystals
    As you can see every type of reward that can be compared; chapter 2 is Up to ten times better.
    And then all there is left is:

10% of a t2 alpha (10 months to get a whole t2 alpha, 3 and a bit years to get a rank up) for master and a rank up gem for chapter two. Now these are subjective to what you want more so can't be compared. But if you offered every player in the game the choice between the two reward sets I'm confident a very high majority would choose chapter 2
  • PlatypusPlatypus Posts: 60
    edited June 2017
    I am pretty sure his point was that Difficultly is a lot higher than the payoff . You will spend more resources than the event is worth.

I have 9 heros at 5/5 or over . What is the point of 1 Class Catalyst at this point
    Platypus wrote: »
    I am pretty sure his point was that Difficultly is a lot higher than the payoff . You will spend more resources than the event is worth.

I have 9 heros at 5/5 or over . What is the point of 1 Class Catalyst at this point

If that's what he said then fair enough I agree. But I'm pretty sure he's saying that he would prefer the master rewards when he said this
    Beowulf wrote: »

all the rewards in this chapter are utter trash.

• BeowulfBeowulf Posts: 34

If that's what he said then fair enough I agree. But I'm pretty sure he's saying that he would prefer the master rewards when he said this

The rewards are trash given the difficulty, if you need that spelling out more clearly there it is. Everything in 5.2 is useless to me, I realise you may find some of it beneficial. The t2a (whilst low) are the main thing I'm collecting which is why i made that statement, something is better than nothing right. Don't forgot there are other sources of t2a so your 10 months to get a whole t2a statement is a bit silly.
  • CrusherOfDreamsCrusherOfDreams Posts: 1,370 ★★★

The rewards are trash given the difficulty, if you need that spelling out more clearly there it is. Everything in 5.2 is useless to me, I realise you may find some of it beneficial. The t2a (whilst low) are the main thing I'm collecting which is why i made that statement, something is better than nothing right. Don't forgot there are other sources of t2a so your 10 months to get a whole t2a statement is a bit silly.

Lol can we just agree that they're not the best rewards instead of debating on just how bad they are? Please? I hate getting notifications just because people are saying "this bad" "no, that bad"!

What other sources? Excluding offers.
  • BeowulfBeowulf Posts: 34

I agree with crusher above, really not sure why were debating how bad they are. I never started this.

Regarding t2a shards, map 6 crystals, dude come on.

I agree with crusher above, really not sure why were debating how bad they are. I never started this.

You said that master rewards were better, I disagree. Is it really so bad for me to ask why? If so my sincerest apologies.
  • CrusherOfDreamsCrusherOfDreams Posts: 1,370 ★★★

You said that master rewards were better, I disagree. Is it really so bad for me to ask why? If so my sincerest apologies.

He meant for the difficulty level. There was a misunderstanding, you asked, he answered, and now we're still debating because... I have no idea. It's been clarified now, so let's just be done. No more macho "I was right" stuff, please.
  • Hi guys
  • MacMac Posts: 8
    Monthly quest rewards are certainly far better for effort. Also the Act 5 rewards are totally useless because they only help for 4* champs which are quickly becoming redundant. Id rather have 5 5* stones than 20 4* stones. You can get the same rewards as Act 5 is giving by doing one week of events, AQ, some wars and the expert proving grounds. Doing all that normal stuff without blowing any items gets you probably better rewards.

The monthly quest only costs a few refills, no items required. The first 3 quests of Act 5 Chapter 2 I could 100% without items, but the next 3 are damn hard and take a lot of items and are not justifiable for the rewards. Like 1.9K 5* shards, that's a slap in the face. Even for a 5* crystal its probably not worth it.
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    Mcord11758 wrote: »
    The rewards from monthly master event are better than these...terrible

I mean they're not really

No the are not but they are a better value

How are they better value without being better? What?

It's really not a hard concept. The difficulty of getting master mode rewards vs the difficulty of getting 5.2 rewards makes the MM rewards more valuable. It's a simple cost benefit analysis that any high schooler who's taken econ should understand.
  • 4thYellowFlash4thYellowFlash Posts: 28
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    Morgan wrote: »
    care to answer HOW is even possible that the rewards for completing a much much harder 5.2 are overall WORSE than 5.1.

I don't know if they are good enough for significantly enhanced difficulty, but they aren't worse.

5.2 vs 5.1 rewards, completion:

700 5* shards vs 400 5* shards
    2x T4B vs 2x T4B
    15 T4CC fragment crystals vs 10 T4CC fragment crystals
    1500 4* shards vs 800 4* shards
    160 units vs 130 units

5.2 vs 5.1 rewards, full explore

1200 5* shards vs 600 5* shards
    1 T4CC crystal vs 1 T4CC crystal
    30 T4CC fragment crystals vs 20 T4CC fragment crystals
    15 4* signature stone crystals vs 10 4* signature stone crystals
    270 units vs 240 units
    5 generic 4* signature stones vs 1200 4* shards
    4* rank up (rank 4 to rank 5) vs basic 4* awakening gem

In every respect that allows for an apples to apples comparison, the 5.2 rewards are significantly better in quantity than the 5.1 rewards. The qualitative difference is 5.2 has generic 4* signature stones while 5.1 has 4* shards, and 5.2 has the random rank up while 5.1 has the awakening gem. I think different people would value the 4* awaken and the 4* rank up differently - given a choice I would take the rank up, but I could see someone wanting the awakening gem more - but I don't think you could make the case that the difference is so high in favor of an awakening gem that it completely swamps the fact that the 5.2 rewards are larger or better in every other case.

Whether they are good enough for the increased difficulty is hard to say, because I don't know how much harder 5.2 is ultimately going to be. But they aren't literally worse.

That's no increase in rewards based on how much harder Act5.1 is to Act5.2. Like did you fight The Collector??? You can't evade anything. Then you have to deal with Bane. The content is twice or even three times as hard, you are getting +5% rewards based on what we got for Act5.1. Look @ the comparison you wrote. That's terrible....& the routes are longer.
  • Hulk_77Hulk_77 Posts: 782 ★★★
    @Beowulf
    I'm seriously doubting you would prefer master rewards to act 5 chapter 2. I think you're just trying to stand by your statement.

Let's compare each of the rewards.
    Master on the left and chapter 2 on the right
    1000x 4-Star Crystal Shards instead of 1500 4*
    500x 5-Star Crystal Shards instead of 1900 5*
    150x Units instead of 430
    1x Tier 4 Generic Catalyst instead of 2 basic
    25x Tier 4 Class Catalyst Fragment Crystal instead of 45 frag crystals and 1 whole one
    10x 4-Star Signature Stone Crystals instead of 5 generic and 15 crystals
    As you can see every type of reward that can be compared; chapter 2 is Up to ten times better.
    And then all there is left is:

10% of a t2 alpha (10 months to get a whole t2 alpha, 3 and a bit years to get a rank up) for master and a rank up gem for chapter two. Now these are subjective to what you want more so can't be compared. But if you offered every player in the game the choice between the two reward sets I'm confident a very high majority would choose chapter 2

You forgot the 5 5* signature stones from the monthly quest.

Here's the thing, the only rewards I personally care about are:
    t2a shards
    5* stones
    5* shards
    t4bs and cs

And the ones worth the most are the t2a shards because they are the rarest. Next would be the 5* stones. That is 25% of a dupe which would equate to 2500 5* shards (or more if you use them on a featured 5* you have awoken). Plus, you get the added utility of using them on the champ you chose versus whatever the RNG gives you.

So, where it counts for players advanced enough to be worried about act 5 chapter 2, the rewards are falling short of the monthly quest rewards. When you compare the two with the difficulty in mind, it becomes outrageous.
  • CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    I just started 5.2 and current finished 5.2.2....and may I say....this chapter is definitely doable but my goodness money grabbing has been amped up considerably. Rewards are utter garbage relative to the money grabness.

Mate you first do act 5.2 completely at least once in every quest then you can talk about this act. 5.2.2 is a piece of cake compare to the rest. 5.2.4 and up it is just ridiculous. Basically there is no way to avoid losing health.

• Batty_NumppoBatty_Numppo Posts: 288 ★★★
    I should have paid better attention to this thread. Just used more items than i needed to get through 5.2 because I was excited about Grandmaster's Favor. A title, huh? Yay.

You know how Mike sometimes pops in to dispel rumors overhyping rewards because he says he's learned to not let the community get too wild with an idea for too long? That principle applies here, too. Not only did you not tell us it's just a title, you sold us on the thought that it would actually benefit our performance somehow by calling it an "advantageous position." And then claimed it would somehow spoil everything to reveal it's actually just a title. I'm not seeing the spoiler.

The only redemption from these poor rewards and, for once, KABAM's over-hyping of them is if Grandmaster's Favor actually does something for us later on. Please say it does, and just eschew the mystery please and tell us exactly what it does instead of leading us on. I feel led on.
  • Kabam DK wrote: »
    FREEDOM ISN’T FREE
    The Grandmaster’s game is only just beginning… As Summoners are caught between the increasingly tense struggle for control of the Battlerealm, the conflict comes to a head as the Collector’s power wanes. The ISO-Sphere’s power dwindles through the treachery of the Grandmaster, but a final effort from a Summoner must occur for the Contest to truly change… forever.

Put my Class down flip it and reverse it.

Like a cornered animal, the Collector lashes out in fear at his Brother’s increasing power. Enlisting the help of M.O.D.O.K., the Collector has activated a fantastic new contraption that reverses all class relationships across this section of the Battlerealm. But beware: M.O.D.O.K. is a master of deception, and while you may still see that you have an advantage, take heed of the Collector’s misdirection! Read on below for more specific details.

Collector Bound

Act 5 Chapter 2: Collector Bound will arrive at ~10:00 AM PDT on June 7th, 2017. Prepare yourselves, Summoners!
    Q&A

How long does this quest run for?

Like Chapter 1, this’ll be around until the end of the universe. Whenever that is.
    How hard is this Chapter?

It is super hard. It is much harder than Chapter 1. Act 5 is permanent content, and we want it to be hard for a long, long time. This doesn’t mean we want to make it impossible, but we definitely want to make sure that Act 5 Chapter 2 can’t be breezed through.
    So, on a scale of Act 1 to Labyrinth of Legends, where does this fall in terms of difficulty?

You should not be able to easily do this if you haven’t completed Road to Labyrinth, and even then, this will be a challenge.
    Who are the bosses of Act 5 Chapter 2?

Some Secrets must be kept. Others are simply truths that have been in front of you the whole time…
    Alright man, but seriously, who are the bosses?

Sat atop a throne of stone, be prepared to fight alone. No longer resting but instead provoked, a cosmic power shall be revoked....
    You’re not telling us, are you?

No. You’ll have to wait.
    How many Icemen?

There’s 2. One in Quest 2, and one in Quest 6. We have made significant changes to their original abilities in response to feedback from our Beta Testers (thanks guys and gals) to address potential frustration. Also, keep in mind the new “Role Reversal” Buff in this Chapter (info below) may open up new, previously unconsidered options for dealing with some trickier fights.
    So you did another Beta Test?

Yes! We actually delayed the release of Act 5 significantly from its original intended launch to the current launch date because we wanted to have time to make changes based on the feedback of our testers. Additionally, we wanted to ensure that major bugs were remedied before its release. We can’t thank our testers enough for their time and devotion to helping us make Act 5 as good as it can be, and we also want to thank you for your patience.

Can someone
    send me free units please
  • ADDZZADDZZ Posts: 71
    Seriously the rewards for this chapter are terrible. The entire community agrees kabam. Can we get some additions to the reward pool?

This is the first quest content where it's literally not worth 100% exploring.

I had to spend 2 team revives to beat the collector, that's 200 units. That map has 6 paths so I need to spend 1200 units all up to complete it. Not to mention the other maps, but I'm doing all that for 1 t4cc and a lousy 1900 5* shards? Thankfully I stopped spending real $ after the 12.0 update, so all units spent are from saving/arenas. You're not making much of a case for me opening my wallet again with blatant cash grabbing BS like the collector. At least make it worthwhile.
  • DjonesilvaDjonesilva Posts: 1
    Pow kabam fiz arena igual doido pra n receber nen o resultado da arena do hyperion pow ajuda ai. Porq jogo a 3 anos mas parece q vcs n dar valor
  • Any one know how long you have to be in an alliance to qualify for AQ Rank rewards?
  • PlasmaKingPlasmaKing Posts: 105
    @PeterPan1991 I think it's something like 7 days not sure but it's about that from what I remember
  • MaladarMaladar Posts: 22
    Rewards for 5.2 100% Exploration are simply insufficient considering the cost to do it. Let's not kid ourselves, 5.2 was designed with spending in mind, and that would be ok if the rewards would be worth it, but they're not.

Seriously, not even a few extra 4* shards? A T4 basic? An AG? Sigh..... 5.1 had better exploration rewards.
  • PlasmaKingPlasmaKing Posts: 105
    So why rush to finish it, take it slow and don't burn resources unnecessarily
  • Claudya18Claudya18 Posts: 2
    I hope I can do it
  • Mr_OtterMr_Otter Posts: 1,614 ★★★
    WEAK!!! Seriously not even a 4* CLASS GEM?! This is tragic
  • Mcord11758Mcord11758 Posts: 1,249 ★★★★
    I just around to completing as I am in a semi retired state in game. The collector was hard but not in a fun to play way. Almost impossible to just fight well and keep going, just more about how much damage I can do as fast as possible. I don't have a high ranked vision so star Lord did most of the damage. In all 10 deaths no units and a title
  • FlipFlip Posts: 6
    Ya know, this is the wrong discussion thread and I can't find one for it. But your potion trade in is garbage. No one uses the 250 or 350 potions, yet y'all don't put them in the trade ups. Are y'all actually that broke to just not include the lowest potion for trade ups or is it that none of you money hungry Jack wagons care about your customers and praise the all mighty dollar? IDGAF. Keep your b.s.