**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Question about rulk before and after update

I only first got him as a 4 star in december so I never really had an opportunity to use him other than 3 star arenas. Pulled him recently as a 5 star, took him to r3 and have been messing around with him in various fights to see what he can do. I realized in fighting Mephisto his scorch damage applies, cool, as I wasn't clear if it would, then I thought what about Iceman? Sure enough, he takes the extra damage too. Since his ability description simply says an extra burst of physical damage I realized this is most likely as intended. My question is then, was he always capable of this or is this a result of the update?

Comments

• Mr_WiffMr_Wiff Posts: 244
    The damage has been ramped up to actually DO something after the update so this is post update.
  • KhanMedinaKhanMedina Posts: 927 ★★★
    This used to be energy damage, so it always hit people (unlike fire dmg that wouldn't hurt iceman or mephisto). They changed it to physical damage to make him better vs. mystics (alot of mystics have energy resistance).
  • JstewJstew Posts: 46
    I took him down from R4 to R3 well before the upgrade (4*) wondering if it is worth taking him back up now.
  • ThatweirdguyThatweirdguy Posts: 675 ★★★
    He is pretty great now. Should destroy any poison path in AQ. Just destroys mystics now.
  • DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    He's really good now, even better duped, but that was a change with the update. I've always liked him but he wasn't quite good enough prior to the update. Now I have a shortage of t4cc science...never thought that was going to be a problem. Congrats on the 5*.
  • chaos3430chaos3430 Posts: 126
    He destroys AQ Map 5 Dormammu.
  • KhanMedinaKhanMedina Posts: 927 ★★★
    chaos3430 wrote: »
    He destroys AQ Map 5 Dormammu.

Not map 4 or 6 though?
  • dkatryldkatryl Posts: 672 ★★★
    Rhulk is awesome now, especially if awakened.

Before update, he did +11% energy dmg per stack, but only up to 6 stacks, for +66%, because at 7 stacks, he overheated and lost all of them.

Now, it's +18% physical dmg per stack, stacks up to 10, and no more overheat. So up to +180%, or almost 3 times, as much as before the buff.
  • ninexhelixninexhelix Posts: 136
    Thanks for the feedback. I have 4 more science cats and a t2a expiring soon so looks like he’s going to r4.