Champion Spotlight: Killmonger

edited February 2018 in Champion Spotlights
Erik Stevens’ ruthlessness and combat skill earned him the nickname “Killmonger” during his time as a black-ops soldier. While he has not set foot in Wakanda for a long time, he has returned with a plan that threatens to put Black Panther and all of Wakanda at risk. Using his charisma, combat prowess and his knowledge of Wakandan customs, Erik Killmonger is an imminent threat to all that T'Challa holds dear.

Base Stats & Abilities

*All stats based on 4-Star, Rank 5, Level 50, Signature Level 99

Health: 17180
Attack: 1148
Max PI:
Without Signature: 3723
With Signature (99): 4667

*All stats based on 5-Star, Rank 5, Level 65, Signature Level 200

Health: 34447
Attack: 2301
Max PI:
Without Signature: 7509
With Signature (200): 10370

Character Class: Skill

Passive
This Champion has additional Critical Resistance in its Base Attributes.
At the start of the fight, Vibranium Armor provides 667 Armor Rating and Killmonger gains 15% of his missing Power each time a Debuff is inflicted against him. Vibranium Armor is disabled if he is suffering from an Armor Break effect.

All Attacks

Hitting opponents that are recovering from a Special Attack grants Killmonger True Strike for 16 seconds. This allows him to ignore Armor, Resistances, and Evasion.

Critical Hits
80% chance to inflict Bleed, dealing 459 Direct Damage over 1.5 seconds.

Special 1: Merchant of Death - Killmonger stays true to his name, offering a 2-for-1 special on knives to the chest and a bonus leaping kick to the face.
- Killmonger gains 2 Counterpunch Charges that last for 15 seconds. A charge is spent to shrug off the impact of enemy attacks for 0.75 seconds when Killmonger is blocking, allowing him to immediately counter-attack.

Special 2: Leopard Strike - Leaping into the air for a height advantage, Killmonger lands with his ceremonial blades, striking deep wounds in his target.
- Vibranium Armor activates 3 Indestructible Charges. A charge is spent to ignore all the incoming damage from an attack.

Special 3: Claws Out - Killmonger’s black-ops training becomes painfully realized as he uses his Vibranium claws to lacerate his Opponent.
- If Killmonger inflicted 15 or more Bleed Debuffs in his fight, he inflicts a Bleed stack for every Bleed he inflicted. Each Bleed deals 746 Direct Damage over 6 seconds. This effect can activate once a fight.

Signature Ability: Reverberation - Vibranium Armor reverberates incoming damage back to the opponent.
- Vibranium Armor activates Reverberation for 8 seconds, dealing damage back to the opponent when Killmonger is Struck or Blocks an attack. Damage is based on Killmonger’s stored Power at the time of activation, inflicting up to 60-140% of the incoming damage as Physical Damage. Reverberation has a 8 second cooldown timer after expiring.
- When both Reverberation and True Strike are active, Killmonger gains 172-1262 Attack Rating when hitting opponents.

Synergy Bonuses:

Enhanced Soldiers with Winter Soldier – Unique Synergy
Killmonger: 30% chance to activate True Strike when intercepting the opponent’s Dash.
Winter Soldier: +2% Attack for each hit on the Combo Meter to a maximum of 100 hits.

Wakanda Leadership with Black Panther (Civil War) – Unique Synergy
Killmonger: Starts the fight with 3 of his Indestructible and Counterpunch Charges.
Black Panther (Civil War): Well Timed Blocks provides a +30 Fury Buffs for 15 seconds.

Fearless with Void – Unique Synergy
Killmonger: If Vibranium Armor is active, Killmonger has a 35% chance to Purify a Debuff after a 0.5 second delay and then instantly Regenerate 4% Health per Debuff.
Void: Regenerates 1% Health when inflicting his Intimidating Debuffs.

Recommended Masteries:

Deep Wounds: Killmonger’s Bleed effects are powerful and last for a short duration, perfectly matching with Deep Wounds at level 5.
Precision: Enhancing Killmonger’s Critical Rating will allow him to inflict more Bleed Debuffs.
Block Proficiency and Stand your Ground: Killmonger needs to Block in order to use his Counterpunch charges, investing in any masteries that enhance his Block will allow him to take less damage and also eventually resist a block breaking attack.

Strengths:

Hyperion, Mordo: Killmonger is able to take no damage from Special 3 Attacks if he has at least one Indestructible Charge. Activate his Special 2 Attack in order to get those charges and you won’t have to worry about Champions who have a very fast Power Gain effect like Hyperion or Mordo.
Spider-Man: Killmonger has True Strike and he can keep the ability active for a very long time when paired with Winter Soldier. This will make him a really great option against Champions that rely on Evade, such as Spider-Man.
Alliance Wars Defense: Killmonger is able to get a lot of Power when opponents inflict a Debuff effect, including the Stun inflicted by the Parry Mastery. That ability paired with his Reverberation signature ability and his Counterpunch charges makes Killmonger a great option for Alliance Wars Defense.
Stun Immunity: Counterpunch charges can be very useful when going against a Champion that is benefiting from Stun Immunity. Killmonger is able to shrug off the impact of attacks when he is blocking, opening an attack window, which allows him to counter attack right away.

Weaknesses:

Medusa, King Groot, Iron Fist: Killmonger is extremely vulnerable to Armor Break abilities. When suffering from an Armor Break, his Vibranium Armor is turned off for the duration of the Armor Break effect.
Vision, Iceman: Killmonger doesn’t do really well against opponents that are Bleed Immune, since one of his primary tools to inflict damage is through his Bleed ability on Critical Hits and his Special 3 Attack.

Comments

• colbyscipio987colbyscipio987 Posts: 1,027 ★★
    i want him badly @Kabam Miike I have 6 tries for him and if i get him, he will be my first feature. So ease up on please.....
  • Hulk_77 wrote: »
    I have 2 questions already:

1) The WS synergy says "enhanced in the next tier". So, what is the synergy for a 5* Killmonger and will it be even higher if we ever see a 6* Killmonger?

2) "Killmonger gains 2 permanent Counterpunch Charges that last for 15 seconds." on his special 1. How can they be permanent if they last for 15 seconds?

Answers!

1) The bonus on the 5-Star Tier is 5% per hit. The 5-star version is the last rank of this synergy.

2) I guess they're not permanent... I'm editing that right now.
  • Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 1,025 ★★★
    @Kabam Miike Are there plans in the future with the new 5* arenas to do a 5* spotlight or add that information to the regular spotlight? Killmonger sounds pretty cool though!
  • CFreeCFree Posts: 491 ★★
    i want him badly @Kabam Miike I have 6 tries for him and if i get him, he will be my first feature. So ease up on please.....
    You’ll have to grind in the arena for him because he’s not in the 5* feature crystal.

• FPC3FPC3 Posts: 144 ★★
    He'll be in the next Crystal that has 24 champs in it, maybe he means that one. But no one should be buying those, they are awful.
  • HulksmasshhHulksmasshh Posts: 742 ★★★
    Hulk_77 wrote: »

1) The WS synergy says "enhanced in the next tier". So, what is the synergy for a 5* Killmonger and will it be even higher if we ever see a 6* Killmonger?

2) "Killmonger gains 2 permanent Counterpunch Charges that last for 15 seconds." on his special 1. How can they be permanent if they last for 15 seconds?

Answers!

1) The bonus on the 5-Star Tier is 5% per hit. The 5-star version is the last rank of this synergy.

5% per hit is on-par with Starlord, which should be quite strong on Winter Soldier with his powerdrain + multi-hit SP2. Nice buff on an old champ. I know a lot of people are against new synergies buffing old champs and would rather old champs be buffed directly, but this is a nice bump for WS especially the 6*.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 2,895 ★★★★★
    FPC3 wrote: »
    He'll be in the next Crystal that has 24 champs in it, maybe he means that one. But no one should be buying those, they are awful.

How do you know? Have you seen the list for the next crystal?
  • FPC3 wrote: »

No he is not. Only crystal Killmonger will be in is the Grandmaster Crystal (300 Units) and the 4* Version (150 Units). The new feature crystal will not reset until 82 days. Then the next batch of Features that was brought out during that time will be added. So basically spend money (units) on getting the feature now. Or wait an extremely long time for they even in a feature. I've been saving units for Killmonger so i will open at least 10 GMC to get him. But this will be my last feature GMC for a while! I hate the new feature shard crystals.
  • He will actually be in the next featured 5-star crystal ... along with Gladiator Hulk and the next 4 champs released after killmonger.
    Kaydanmo wrote: »

No he is not. Only crystal Killmonger will be in is the Grandmaster Crystal (300 Units) and the 4* Version (150 Units). The new feature crystal will not reset until 82 days. Then the next batch of Features that was brought out during that time will be added. So basically spend money (units) on getting the feature now. Or wait an extremely long time for they even in a feature. I've been saving units for Killmonger so i will open at least 10 GMC to get him. But this will be my last feature GMC for a while! I hate the new feature shard crystals.

s1qfps5vgmri.png
  • JOHNOSA1995JOHNOSA1995 Posts: 496 ★★

Feature???what are you talking about?
  • Hulk_77 wrote: »

Answers!

5% per hit is on-par with Starlord, which should be quite strong on Winter Soldier with his powerdrain + multi-hit SP2. Nice buff on an old champ. I know a lot of people are against new synergies buffing old champs and would rather old champs be buffed directly, but this is a nice bump for WS especially the 6*.

Wrong that puts him WAAAY above starlord
  • GamerGamer Posts: 4,788 ★★★★
    MattScott wrote: »

Answers!

Nop Becasse SL. Wuld be even more after 100 combos with this stop at 100.
  • weavileweavile Posts: 288

[/quote]

5% per hit is on-par with Starlord, which should be quite strong on Winter Soldier with his powerdrain + multi-hit SP2. Nice buff on an old champ. I know a lot of people are against new synergies buffing old champs and would rather old champs be buffed directly, but this is a nice bump for WS especially the 6*. [/quote]

Wrong that puts him WAAAY above starlord [/quote]
    [/quote]

most fight don't even last past 100 hits with Star Lord, not to mention WS has nasty bleed
  • Gamer wrote: »

Answers!

How many non LoL fights go above 100 hits?

Think man, think.
  • weavile wrote: »

5% per hit is on-par with Starlord, which should be quite strong on Winter Soldier with his powerdrain + multi-hit SP2. Nice buff on an old champ. I know a lot of people are against new synergies buffing old champs and would rather old champs be buffed directly, but this is a nice bump for WS especially the 6*. [/quote]

Wrong that puts him WAAAY above starlord [/quote]
    [/quote]

most fight don't even last past 100 hits with Star Lord, not to mention WS has nasty bleed[/quote]

Don’t forget his bleed will be +500% too.
  • Batty_NumppoBatty_Numppo Posts: 232
    Is there a cap on indestructible charges?

I though that as well, so I let killmonger attack me until he got 2 special 2 attacks in a row in heroic then when he used them he only got up to 4. Did it again, and it stayed at 4. The cap is 4, also the charges are used up when killmonger blocks. So if you parry he loses a charge
  • Batty_NumppoBatty_Numppo Posts: 232

I though that as well, so I let killmonger attack me until he got 2 special 2 attacks in a row in heroic then when he used them he only got up to 4. Did it again, and it stayed at 4. The cap is 4, also the charges are used up when killmonger blocks. So if you parry he loses a charge

Ahh, good to know. I knew my mind was leading me somewhere way too good to be true.
  • GamerGamer Posts: 4,788 ★★★★
    edited February 2018
    Gamer wrote: »

Answers!

Think man, think.
    Yeah ofcasse ther But. Thah why im stil say SL stil the Best But. The bonus WS Can get is gone be good.
    And SL has shok to But like u self say. SL need more RNG then WS need for he bleed
  • Gamer wrote: »
    Gamer wrote: »

Answers!

Think man, think.
    Yeah ofcasse ther But. Thah why im stil say SL stil the Best But. The bonus WS Can get is gone be good.
    And SL has shok to But like u self say. SL need more RNG then WS need for he bleed

Is English not your first language?

I do not understand what you’re trying to say
  • HulksmasshhHulksmasshh Posts: 742 ★★★

Answers!

I was saying the attack% per-hit WS would get (5% with 5* Killmonger) is just about the same percentage awakened Starlord gets per hit. Who's better, SL or WS w/ Killmonger synergy? WS hands-down in every content except labyrinth.
  • Nightwing6666Nightwing6666 Posts: 166
    I think Killmonger has the best synergies. right up there with Medusa for best synergy

Quoted from the post talking about the new version of the 15k crystal:
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/43300/upcoming-changes-to-5-star-featured-crystal#latest

"The crystal will be updated every 3 months, and will include a pool of 18 curated Champions, and the last 6 Featured Champions. After 3 months, 18 new Champions will fill the Basic pool, and the next 6 Champions will become the Featured Champions. For example, the first Featured Champion crystal will go live on February 13th, and will feature Thor (Ragnarok), Hela, Taskmaster, MODOK, Sentry and Void, plus 18 other Champions."

So, there IS a fixed rotation. And Killmonger WILL 100% be in the next crystal.
    In fact, the 6 new champs in the next crystal will be Hulk -Ragnarok and Killmonger, plus the next 4 coming out (data mining suggests Bishop, Sabertooth, Sentinel, and either Proxima Midnight or Corvus Glaive), plus 18 additional champions selected by Kabam.

Quoted from the post talking about the new version of the 15k crystal:
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/43300/upcoming-changes-to-5-star-featured-crystal#latest

"The crystal will be updated every 3 months, and will include a pool of 18 curated Champions, and the last 6 Featured Champions. After 3 months, 18 new Champions will fill the Basic pool, and the next 6 Champions will become the Featured Champions. For example, the first Featured Champion crystal will go live on February 13th, and will feature Thor (Ragnarok), Hela, Taskmaster, MODOK, Sentry and Void, plus 18 other Champions."

So, there IS a fixed rotation. And Killmonger WILL 100% be in the next crystal.

Sorry should have been more specific. I meant how do you know the next crystal will be rubbish and not worth buying? I know that killmonger will be in the next crystal. The next 18 basic champs could well be a few god tier
    Sorry should have been more specific. I meant how do you know the next crystal will be rubbish and not worth buying? I know that killmonger will be in the next crystal. The next 18 basic champs could well be a few god tier

Yeah, this new 15k crystal is utter garbage. I guess we'll see if the next one is better, but my hopes aren't high.