**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

5-Star Featured Arena Discussion Thread

Comments

• BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Zuko_ILC wrote: »
    Fthewigg wrote: »
    @Zuko_ILC I highly, highly, HIGHLY recommend you follow the advice you were given. It will greatly improve your forum experience. It’s super simple and utterly worth it. When a bleep falls in the forest and no one hears it, no one gives a bleep...

I'm not sure what you mean.

He’s saying set GW to ignore.
  • Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 1,503 ★★★★★
    @Zuko_ILC I highly, highly, HIGHLY recommend you follow the advice you were given. It will greatly improve your forum experience. It’s super simple and utterly worth it. When a bleep falls in the forest and no one hears it, no one gives a bleep...

Oh, yeah I've already checked that box. Anyways back to the topic this 5* featured arena is going to be interesting. Wish milestones were a little bit better with 4* shards instead of pcs but maybe they will adjust in the future.

Oh, yeah I've already checked that box. Anyways back to the topic this 5* featured arena is going to be interesting. Wish milestones were a little bit better with 4* shards instead of pcs but maybe they will adjust in the future.

I’m still deciding whether to go for broke on the 4* featured or 5* featured. Quite like to see how far I get in 5* featured first time, but then I also want to take advantage of possible low cut offs for 4* killmonger. What to do, what to do?

I’m still deciding whether to go for broke on the 4* featured or 5* featured. Quite like to see how far I get in 5* featured first time, but then I also want to take advantage of possible low cut offs for 4* killmonger. What to do, what to do?

Yeah Unless you are spending theres no chance to get in the top 150, I can recharge my 6*s vs a non-spender and theres no way they can catch up.

Yeah Unless you are spending theres no chance to get in the top 150, I can recharge my 6*s vs a non-spender and theres no way they can catch up.

Not spending, but I reckon I could get 10 mil fairly easily if I put my mind to it. I’m wondering if that gives a decent amount of 6* shards
  • Mmx1991Mmx1991 Posts: 674 ★★★★
    Anyone tired of the rat race?

This new arena isn't anything new, the goal posts just got moved again with the introduction of 6*s and now this. These changes are too transparent. Players need the illusion of progress. Slapping a new number on some champs and shifting everything else down isn't fun.
  • FthewiggFthewigg Posts: 104
    edited February 2018
    @Zuko_ILC utilize the ignore feature. I assumed the message you initially responded to was directed at you. The avalanche of posts by those folks don’t show up, except where others directly reply to them.
    @Zuko_ILC utilize the ignore feature. I assumed the message you initially responded to was directed at you. The avalanche of posts by those folks don’t show up, except where others directly reply to them.

Yup I figured it out, much appreciated. Was just confused at 1st. Do you plan on trying 5* arena?
  • FingfangfoomfanesFingfangfoomfanes Posts: 1,102 ★★★
    A new addition to the arenas is good. I'm sure a lot are excited for this. But looking at the rewards, I dont think most will be motivated to get into the pool, for the fact that the milestones are meh. Please add more rewards to this, before a lot of people rage over or rage quit this game. TIA
  • FingfangfoomfanesFingfangfoomfanes Posts: 1,102 ★★★
    Romario26 wrote: »
    So just 150 players get a featured 5* and the rest that grind trying to get a 5* will get at best 2000 5* shards?
    Will there be a basic 5* arena soon?

No plans for a 5-Star Basic just yet, but maybe in the future.

You have to consider a 5 star basic arena. Kabam never looks back and learn from its past. We all know these arenas will be the downfall of players because they grind hard just to end up empty handed.
  • CpcBoyboy wrote: »
    i Hope KABAM NEED TO LOOK DEEPLY THE TOP150 ! u can see if different login or multiple devices on different ip, , u can have multiple devices on same ip , and to see how is possible for a real human to play arena 24h ? i dont believe some peoples dont sleep or eat or going to pee , mercs and bots still on arenas so , for me arena already is broken if no fix it, and need max refresh champ per day to prevent unlimited refresh for top10 lol

I've seen video evidence that you can average over 70k per round and do over 30 rounds per hour with the right masteries (suicides in particular). That means the twenty million cutoff scores for recent 4* featured champs can be done by top grinders in about ten hours. Not ten hours a day, ten hours period. Someone willing to grind for about five hours a day - which is hard, but doesn't require any superhuman effort - can reach 30 million or more.

It doesn't take 24 hours of gameplay to reach the scores being put up in the 4* arena these days. In fact a bot optimized to run arena 24 hours a day could be putting up 150 million points or more.
  • FthewiggFthewigg Posts: 104

Yup I figured it out, much appreciated. Was just confused at 1st. Do you plan on trying 5* arena?

Undecided. Not anxious to compete against mercs and bots

Undecided. Not anxious to compete against mercs and bots

Thats my main concern also, they are very rampant in the game.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    I think we're overlooking the fact that aside from a handful of 6*s in-game, we're working with the same Rosters we currently have. There will be a marginal increase in Cutoffs, but I don't see it going to astronomical proportions, especially at first.
  • I think we're overlooking the fact that aside from a handful of 6*s in-game, we're working with the same Rosters we currently have. There will be a marginal increase in Cutoffs, but I don't see it going to astronomical proportions, especially at first.

I'm not sure what you mean by "astronomical" but the cutoffs have to increase for two reasons. First, the 4* featured cutoff is for top 800, not top 150. The top 150 are already, based on the best data we have, scoring between 22 and 25 million minimum now, without much pressure from below. And second, what the top 150 are scoring now isn't their best scoring possible, so there is a lot higher they can go and would almost certainty would go to pursue a 5* champion over a 4* champion.

I saw video evidence recently of a player capable of scoring 37 million points in 484 rounds, at a speed of probably over 30 rounds per hour. That's about five hours a day to get 37 million, using refreshes. That's probably at or near the top of what people are scoring now, but clearly that isn't even the highest score that player can put up if they really wanted to.

Also, 6* champions are rare in general, but the very top players have played and spent their way into multiple 6* champions now. I'm sure many top arena grinders have at least three, or will soon. If you are buying refreshes to grind your way to the top, three is all you need.
  • Stara99Stara99 Posts: 423 ★★
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    I think we're overlooking the fact that aside from a handful of 6*s in-game, we're working with the same Rosters we currently have. There will be a marginal increase in Cutoffs, but I don't see it going to astronomical proportions, especially at first.

I'm not sure what you mean by "astronomical" but the cutoffs have to increase for two reasons. First, the 4* featured cutoff is for top 800, not top 150. The top 150 are already, based on the best data we have, scoring between 22 and 25 million minimum now, without much pressure from below. And second, what the top 150 are scoring now isn't their best scoring possible, so there is a lot higher they can go and would almost certainty would go to pursue a 5* champion over a 4* champion.

I saw video evidence recently of a player capable of scoring 37 million points in 484 rounds, at a speed of probably over 30 rounds per hour. That's about five hours a day to get 37 million, using refreshes. That's probably at or near the top of what people are scoring now, but clearly that isn't even the highest score that player can put up if they really wanted to.

Also, 6* champions are rare in general, but the very top players have played and spent their way into multiple 6* champions now. I'm sure many top arena grinders have at least three, or will soon. If you are buying refreshes to grind your way to the top, three is all you need.

That’s vergoot and he places number #1 whenever he feels like going for it. When you have 83 5* then yeah it’s a lot easier and he said he uses at least 1-1.5 Odin per arena. Not everyone can do that @DNA3000
  • Stara99 wrote: »

That’s vergoot and he places number #1 whenever he feels like going for it. When you have 83 5* then yeah it’s a lot easier and he said he uses at least 1-1.5 Odin per arena. Not everyone can do that @DNA3000

1. The number of 5* champions he has makes it cheaper, not faster, given the way he runs arena.
    2. "Everyone" doesn't have to equal or even approach his speed. Only 150 people need to. But in the post above I made no claim that everyone can do that or even that the top 150 people can do that. The point is that the post I replied to suggested that scores are unlikely to rise much from 4* featured levels because scoring is limited by roster strength. Verygoot proves that roster strength is not the limiting factor to high scoring, once you reach a certain level.

I was referring to the exaggerations. It will be higher of course.
  • MattScottMattScott Posts: 587 ★★

I was referring to the exaggerations. It will be higher of course.

Saw a screenshot of someone who had 6.
  • MattScottMattScott Posts: 587 ★★
    v2qxmkieyqlz.jpeg
    See
    Well done. The point I was making was that we will have to see what the Cutoffs will be but I don't see any merit in being discourged or intimidated from trying.
  • Sn1pes130Sn1pes130 Posts: 82
    I would be so much more motivated to try this arena if in the milestones instead of a PC they shard Grandmaster crystal shards instead
  • Well done. The point I was making was that we will have to see what the Cutoffs will be but I don't see any merit in being discourged or intimidated from trying.

No one actually going for the top 150 is going to be either encouraged or discouraged by anything you say, or for that matter anything I say.
    Well done. The point I was making was that we will have to see what the Cutoffs will be but I don't see any merit in being discourged or intimidated from trying.

No one actually going for the top 150 is going to be either encouraged or discouraged by anything you say, or for that matter anything I say.

I wasn't directing the comment at those people.
  • TrapTrap Posts: 124
    I’ve seen someone alr day on 20m
    edited February 2018
    Interesting. When I mentioned the "astronomical" numbers, I was talking more like 100 Mil+. With some at 20 Mil Day 1, that's not so insane. There was a reduced Recharge cost, but I think if people were willing to put up 10 Units, they'd be willing to put up 20, so I wouldn't account that much extra for that. The truth is it's a new Arena, so there really isn't enough data to predict numbers for me.
  • DNA3000 wrote: »

I will contemplate directing the comment that people shouldn't be discouraged from trying to achieve the cutoff at the players not attempting to achieve the cutoff as my koan of the day.

I will contemplate directing the comment that people shouldn't be discouraged from trying to achieve the cutoff at the players not attempting to achieve the cutoff as my koan of the day.

The comment was directed at the people who were expressing discouragement from making an effort at all.
    This exercise of dissecting my comments is becoming tedious and pointless.
  • OnlyOneAboveAllOnlyOneAboveAll Posts: 387 ★★
    This arena was designed for those who spend and have tons of 5stars and several 6stars already. I have 20 5stars just about and around 80 4stars. 16 ish at r5. No way I stand a shot at this arena. This is where Kabam should be like "we don't want our players to feel like they don't have a shot over those that spend". Cause telling right now, if you already have more than 2 6stars then you spent lots of money to get them. Spenders will always have an advantage over the rest of the player base. Those guys that beat Act 5 the fastest where all spenders. No way anyone else had a chance. They basically bought those 5star Thanos. Just saying. Kabam constantly acts like we're stupid.