**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Apple Now Requires Game Developers to disclose odds on "Loot Boxes" [MERGED THREADS]

Comments

• Now we ask a very similar request - to publish the number figures of something you know can be retrieved with ease.

You have failed us.

Since that isn't, in fact, something that likely can be done with ease, you're judging @Kabam Miike a failure at a task that can't be done (namely, to find and execute a trivial way to easily publish the odds in text form).

I can't speak for anyone else, but I wouldn't take anyone seriously that judged me a failure on a executing a process that doesn't exist.

It would be entirely fair to criticize Kabam for being slow. And sometimes they just straight up forget to do things (cf: documentation on the mechanics changes in 12.0). And even when they do release documentation, it is sometimes laughably wrong (the announcement on diminishing returns and challenge rating, for example, were essentially totally wrong). But it is precisely because their documentation history is so awful that anyone claiming that posting the odds is something that could be done quickly and simply is delusional.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    to quote my good friend @BitterSteel "It’s always nice when you ask a question that the only answer that matters would be from a Kabam official representative but instead we get a kabam wannabe representative, isn’t it?"

Made me chuckle just a little bit :D
  • to quote my good friend @BitterSteel "It’s always nice when you ask a question that the only answer that matters would be from a Kabam official representative but instead we get a kabam wannabe representative, isn’t it?"

You did not ask a question, you made a complaint.

To quote James Bond: we have a saying, and you're full of it.

• This sort of thing used to sting a little. In 2005.
  • This sort of thing used to sting a little. In 2005.

Its always nice when you're looking for some intelligent discourse and instead get an unoriginal quip from a wannabe comedian.

Or was that another question.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    That's already been explained. There was nothing to say. I feel like you're just off on a rant on this one.
    ArmandStar wrote: »
    someone could have said "we're going to work on the in-game implementation" the very first week the thread was made. i know for a fact that certain topics are handled within hours of being made.
    plus, it is true that it is a manager's job to appease the customers when they get paranoid, or to answer them when they ask a question.

That wasn't the answer they had at that time. They were trying to understand what it meant for them then. It's not our place to dictate to Miike what his job is.
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,645 ★★★★★
    Im not sure what purpose this thread still serves if They are planning to release drop rates, there are no external manipulations of drop rate and they have no plans to post them here.

I agree that the lack of communication sucks but is anyone surprised?
  • MattScottMattScott Posts: 587 ★★
    To play devils advocate, they probably didn’t know the time this was created if they were going to post them at all
    edited February 2018
    CoquiFongo wrote: »
    ArmandStar wrote: »
    someone could have said "we're going to work on the in-game implementation" the very first week the thread was made. i know for a fact that certain topics are handled within hours of being made.
    plus, it is true that it is a manager's job to appease the customers when they get paranoid, or to answer them when they ask a question.

That wasn't the answer they had at that time. They were trying to understand what it meant for them then. It's not our place to dictate to Miike what his job is.

Your inside knowledge of the inner works of Kabam ceases to amaze me.

What inside knowledge? They commented themselves. I'm just not adding anything based on my own imagination.
  • ArmandStar wrote: »

At the time the thread was created, it is entirely possible they had no official response they could make. However, between then and now I believe it is a reasonable criticism to state that Kabam should have made an official response as soon as they made the decision to begin work on displaying the odds and determined the basic shape of that solution (for example, that it would be in-game and not posted out of band).

@Kabam Miike has no control over that, but that is still a valid criticism of Kabam as a whole.
    I don't see any point in arguing could've/should've/would've. For that matter, they don't usually comment if there is no official comment to be made with these things. Anyone who has been on the Forum for some time can see that. Threads usually continue for us to discuss things amongst each other, and when they have something concrete, they let us know.
  • ThatweirdguyThatweirdguy Posts: 675 ★★★
    Well they are going to release them so that is a positive. We can thank Apple for that. The fact they do not want to do it here in the forums is their right. I get that it may appear that they are dragging their feet as far as posting the info but Apple has clearly told them that they are permitted to do so. It is kind of like people who wait until the last minute to file their taxes rather than file them in advance.
  • I don't see any point in arguing could've/should've/would've.

Could've, would've, and should've, represent a huge chunk of all possible feedback players can provide. If we aren't just saying everything is fine, we are generally asking what could have been done instead, suggesting what should have been done instead, or debating what would have happened if things were different.

Kabam could have, and should have made a more proactive official statement once they made a production decision, because doing so would have undoubtedly dampened much of the speculation surrounding the requirement. That is an undeniably valuable goal. I see a lot of point in taking this position, because in my opinion being basically forced at gunpoint to release these odds isn't just about the odds, it is also about combating much of the general lack of transparency that Kabam officially states is their position, but in practice isn't. I fully appreciate the limits every game development company faces when attempting to be transparent, but it is precisely my awareness of those limits that makes it even less reasonable to me that Kabam's behavior far exceeds those actual requirements.

I don't get a lot of the answers to questions about the game I have, and all of them are not just reasonable questions, they are questions Kabam's own stated disclosure position would suggest they should answer. But they don't. Maybe this will entrench them further, maybe this will loosen them up: I hope for, and advocate for, the latter. So long as that is true, I will continue to point out where they could have, and should have done better.
  • MattScottMattScott Posts: 587 ★★
    Well they are going to release them so that is a positive. We can thank Apple for that. The fact they do not want to do it here in the forums is their right. I get that it may appear that they are dragging their feet as far as posting the info but Apple has clearly told them that they are permitted to do so. It is kind of like people who wait until the last minute to file their taxes rather than file them in advance.

Not people who are getting a refund. I’m sure if there were a change that were to increase revenue the change would be made the same day.
  • ThatweirdguyThatweirdguy Posts: 675 ★★★
    MattScott wrote: »

Not people who are getting a refund. I’m sure if there were a change that were to increase revenue the change would be made the same day.

Yes of course. No question about that.
  • For in game purchases that expire They have offers for purchase like energy refills and potions that expire.

• DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,861 ★★★★★
    You aren't reading that right at all. It says "Credits or in game currencies". Energy refills and potions are in game currencies or credits. Nice try though
  • ThawnimThawnim Posts: 1,461 ★★★★
    MattScott wrote: »

I wait late to file my taxes even though I know I will be getting a refund. But the money is chump change and I'm a procrastinator.
  • Scud77Scud77 Posts: 86
    Well rules is rules...and Kabam will abide by them as they have too... those who wish to be the best of the best will as always spend up big and for everyone else...well we all choose to play or not, I’ve given up one habit, perhaps this (MCoC) will be the next, either way the choice of drop rates being displayed or not will not change the way the earth spins, it may change some habits tho...
  • 5* drop rates have gone down since hulk was introduced a fortnight ago.