**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

The problem with the stamina refresh $ offer

So it looked like a good deal to me and the usual youtubers seemed to agree. 30 stamina refreshes usable on 3-5 star champs, and more. I jumped on it, planning to save them for a rainy day. When the 5* arena wasn’t up against a 4* arena I’m interested in. Such as the upcoming Thor Ragnarok and Doc Ock.

Problem: inventory only has room for 10, and the other 20 went straight to overflow. Expiring in 14 days! I’m feeling really cheated here.

Now I have to miss out on a champ I wanted in an arena I know I can beat for just a shot at a 5*, or they go to waste. And if I should decide to make use of the extra time before they expire, and try the following arena... well, that champ could be even less interesting to me than Killmonger. By the time we know what featured will be it would be too late to settle for Killmonger. I never would have made the purchase had I known.

Comments

• Ozymandas wrote: »
    So it looked like a good deal to me and the usual youtubers seemed to agree. 30 stamina refreshes usable on 3-5 star champs, and more. I jumped on it, planning to save them for a rainy day. When the 5* arena wasn’t up against a 4* arena I’m interested in. Such as the upcoming Thor Ragnarok and Doc Ock.

Problem: inventory only has room for 10, and the other 20 went straight to overflow. Expiring in 14 days! I’m feeling really cheated here.

Now I have to miss out on a champ I wanted in an arena I know I can beat for just a shot at a 5*, or they go to waste. And if I should decide to make use of the extra time before they expire, and try the following arena... well, that champ could be even less interesting to me than Killmonger. By the time we know what featured will be it would be too late to settle for Killmonger. I never would have made the purchase had I known.

It’s intended. Of course a company like kabam couldn’t overlook such a vital detail when making a deal around those stamina. It’s meant to expire.
    Like my T2a cause of the lack of gold.
  • beyonder8421beyonder8421 Posts: 881 ★★★
    I think that is against Apple Store rules. Any kind of item you actually purchase with real money (not earned in-game), shouldn't expire. The easy way of fixing it is not selling loose stamina refresh, but stamina crystals that you can open whenever you want. I think you could try opening a support ticket demanding those items to go to you inbox or something like that so you can claim it later. Not sure if they can do that with the current codebase, but it's worth a try. If you purchase an item, this shouldn't expire.

It was made so people could grind the 5 star arena a lot this weekend (obviously).
  • Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 2,237 ★★★★
    I once made a post here abot kabams TOS stating items wont expire..... i got trolled hard and people talked alot of **** about it.... but this is why. I pay money for something and then say i break my phone and cant log on for 2-3 weeks i will lose that stuff....
  • chev327foxchev327fox Posts: 826 ★★
    @OP - Man that sucks. Seems it is not a buy and save type offer (its a buy and use immediately offer)... lesson learned but hat does suck. Its good you posted to help others who might make the same mistake.

Question; what is a Stamina Refill? Is it the same as paying 10 units to refresh a 5 star? I honestly don’t know; never used one before.

Yes that is what they are ;)
    Main issue here is that we do not get those refills in the game, so we are not used to them, and therefore, we do not know about the limit. They could increase the limit at least. Perhaps on... today's update?
  • Jimmy_Utah83Jimmy_Utah83 Posts: 246
    1ony0meodl4h.jpeg
    I think that is against Apple Store rules. Any kind of item you actually purchase with real money (not earned in-game), shouldn't expire. The easy way of fixing it is not selling loose stamina refresh, but stamina crystals that you can open whenever you want. I think you could try opening a support ticket demanding those items to go to you inbox or something like that so you can claim it later. Not sure if they can do that with the current codebase, but it's worth a try. If you purchase an item, this shouldn't expire.

It was made so people could grind the 5 star arena a lot this weekend (obviously).

Think this only applies to units.

• BasicChampBasicChamp Posts: 97
    Look like only the whales will be competing against other whales in arena with these refill and boost. Because it will expire lol.
  • Katy_CandyKaty_Candy Posts: 175
    Get a refund maybe? I would contact apple.
  • Isn’t illegal in some states to have something expire when a purchase is made
  • MsDominoMsDomino Posts: 72
    Doesn’t only apply to units. Clearly states ‘credits or ingame currency’
  • PalanthraxPalanthrax Posts: 918 ★★★★
    To be honest, that deal is not so great. The stamina refills are worth 600 units at the very most. A 6* champ costs 20 units to refresh, if you're using them on 5* champs then they're worth even less.

The arena boost crystals may contain 3*, 4* or 5* boosts - which ones do you think you'll be most likely to get?

The 30% champ boosts are items that many of us have capped already, and they're a waste for arena grinding anyway. They're most useful for legend runs or special events.

The defence boosts are ... pointless.

The gold ... offering this to hardcore arena grinders is kinda misjudging the target market!
  • TwmRTwmR Posts: 662 ★★★
    Ozymandas wrote: »
    Yeah guess I’m heading to Apple for a refund. It’s not so much a problem that they are selling items that will expire. The problem is that this is not disclosed prior to purchase, at which point you find out for yourself. Imagine buying a carton of milk that didn’t have an expiration date on it.

Either incredibly shady business practice or incredibly nearsighted, especially since they’ve put similar offers out there before. I don’t have to read Apple Stores terms to know this is wrong.

You can see before you buy the deal that you only have space in your inventory for 10. In all deals whenever something is included that has an inventory cap it has your current number owned next to it and how many you can hold.
  • OzymandasOzymandas Posts: 80
    TwmR wrote: »
    You can see before you buy the deal that you only have space in your inventory for 10. In all deals whenever something is included that has an inventory cap it has your current number owned next to it and how many you can hold.

Not true. When you have zero of an item it does not show a picture of the item along with a zero slash cap (in this instance it would have been 0/10). It removes the item completely.
  • GwendolineGwendoline Posts: 945 ★★★
    TwmR wrote: »

Not true. When you have zero of an item it does not show a picture of the item along with a zero slash cap (in this instance it would have been 0/10). It removes the item completely.

It definitely showed it.
    Owned 0/10
    ljux5tdx7mca.png
    I’m sorry you missed it, but it was there.
  • OzymandasOzymandas Posts: 80
    Ah shoot I thought he meant the inventory display.

Yeah, I missed it. Feel foolish now. Guess I’ll eat it, then. :(:(:(

I’ve learned this a long time ago by a similar mistake. Last time they added stamina refills was when they offered android players compensation, so a lot of people don’t know about this. It’s always brought up when an offer like this comes around. I’m sorry you’re the one that has stuff expire due to it this time.
  • FingfangfoomfanesFingfangfoomfanes Posts: 1,102 ★★★
    edited February 2018
    The arena boost crystal gave only one tech 5 star boost(I only have IM IP P2099 at r1, thanks a lot - NOT!), 7 four-star arena boost, and the rest are 3-star arena boosts. Very dumb items, kabam. I am really ready to give it a shot at the 5-star arena #endsarc. Kudos, you've done it again. #Sarc
  • Stara99Stara99 Posts: 423 ★★
    The arena boost crystal gave only one tech 5 star boost(I only have IM IP P2099 at r1, thanks a lot - NOT!), 7 four-star arena boost, and the rest are 3-star arena boosts. Very dumb items, kabam. Kudos, you've done it again.

Do .you think that they would shower you with 5* boosts. You were lucky to get 7 4* boosts. If you were around here during 2016 gifting event you would have known the drop rates. If you were unsure then you should have asked in a post. I was lucky enough to get 2 5* boosts. @Fingfangfoomfanes
  • FingfangfoomfanesFingfangfoomfanes Posts: 1,102 ★★★
    Kabam, I'm not asking that you flood me with 5 star boosts. Just a decent or reasonable number to make the purchase worthwhile. But I made expectations and I was wrong there. Oh well... Just dont correct your mistakes by giving generously to the next buyer. Oh, wait, the RNG is responsible for the payout... riiiight... I keep forgetting that this game is a big-ass slot machine system...
  • CFreeCFree Posts: 491 ★★
    MsDomino wrote: »
    How is an in-game consumable a credit or in game currency?
    CFree wrote: »
    MsDomino wrote: »
    How is an in-game consumable a credit or in game currency?

Because it stands for units. Without the refill you have to spend 10 units. It is a form of currency.
  • Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 1,503 ★★★★★
    I think we just have to ask Kabam if they will extend the timer, I didn't realize this either when I bought the package and hope that they adjust it for us, at least make it expire in a longer timeframe
  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,870 ★★★★★
    You could of done what I did, bought it and went looking for my 30 ENERGY refills 😂😂

Damn, I was wounded.
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,645 ★★★★★
    Gwendoline wrote: »

I’ve learned this a long time ago by a similar mistake. Last time they added stamina refills was when they offered android players compensation, so a lot of people don’t know about this. It’s always brought up when an offer like this comes around. I’m sorry you’re the one that has stuff expire due to it this time.

Yep.

I think I used mine in the T4B arena. Anything that reduces that drudgery is fine by me.

The refills are a waste if you are not grinding for top 10% in the basic or even more for a feature in the time you have before they expire.