**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Desperately need advice on 5* MODOK

JC_JC_ Posts: 517 ★★★
Ok, I just pulled a 5* MODOK. I’m uncollected, but I haven’t yet completed act 5.

I have a 5* science awakening gem and about 30 science 5 star sig stones.

I don’t know anything about him or how to use him. Is he worth the gem and stones?

I am not at a point where I pull 5 stars on a consistent basis, so it could be a long time before I can get my hands on a 5 star void.

Any input is appreciated!! Thank you.

Comments

• mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    He's really only great for defense. And using awakening gems for defensive purposes isn't a fun way to play the game . you're better off using a gem on someone you feel will get some pretty good offensive purposes from so you can use that signature ability actively, not passively.
  • whaler213whaler213 Posts: 151
    here is my easy answer when it comes to 5* awakening gems are you going to rank 4 him, are you going to rank 4 him right now. if the answer to either of those questions is no wait until you are ready to make that decision and go from there. if the answer to both those questions is yes Modok is one of the best science champs even if its just defensive so he is worth the gem in that sense. priority of offense vs defense is entirely up to you.
  • JC_JC_ Posts: 517 ★★★
    @mum_m2

Well, that definitely matters to me since I haven’t completely all of the story quest content yet. I need strong champs.

@Whalemilker023

I have all the resources to take him straight to rank 4 awakened. My only other decent 5 star is voodoo unduped, but I’m afraid it might take me forever to get the cats and dupe him
    @DNA3000

Sorry to bug you, but you always have great input. :smile:
  • RehctansBewRehctansBew Posts: 442 ★★★
    Modok is actually a lot of fun to quest with. He has a lot of unique synergies. If you have a long time before pulling another 5 star he is worth it in my eyes
  • HazerfaceHazerface Posts: 46
    I have a 5*Modok at 4/55. His L1 temporary reverses continual power gain or regeneration. Easy to use against any overload node, stops uncollected Mephist regeneration and reverses it. Easier fight against cable, GG, Hyperion. His strong attack cause incinerate and can stack 3 at time. L1 doesn’t cause power gain and Strong attack cause little power gain compared to the damage you inflict. Downside is his armor is zero but auto block save devastating damages and his stamina is really high. His damage fluctuates with Flux but you can sort of see his damage gradually increase and decrease. Super handy on questing. Awakened he power steals on blocking against mystics and he has no buff on him.
  • McocmcMcocmc Posts: 21
    His dmg is great, mine is at 3/45, good in Def and offence. His heavy does all the heavy work, if you like fighting, his crits are massive on medium hits depending on flux.mine is unawakened
    @Hazerface

Ok, that’s the kind of input I was looking for. I actually wasn’t aware his L1 reverses power gain. I will definitely be bringing him to 4/55 then

Also, I dumped 20 science 5 star sig stones into him.

I have 50 generic sig stones. He’s my only awakened 5 star. Should I use them on him or save them?
  • Lt_Magnum_1Lt_Magnum_1 Posts: 639 ★★
    Void, AA, and Blade (if you got Ghost Rider) are great checks to Mr. Potato head.
    @Lt_Magnum_1

Don’t be hating on my new champ. :wink:
    JC, I used science AG on him too and dumped my sig stones on him. L2 can cause 7000x2 damage if timing was good. Regular attack, Strong attack and L1 and charge are bread and butter. His L3 cause all kinds of debuff but rarely use them. Good to know they are in the tool box:) Have fun!
    4/55 ‘s L2 on realms winter soldier by the way.
    @Hazerface awesome. I really appreciate the advice!!

On the L2, what do you mean if the timing was good?
  • RedRoosterRedRooster Posts: 337 ★★
    @JC_ You should have zero regrets. Definitely not just a defensive champ, but also a good pick for an AW Boss or mini. He's a good 4/55, good to great damage if not slightly inconsistent.

As @Hazerface has pointed out, lots of utility in his SP1, power gain and heal reversal.

Awakened Modok is a good counter to Modok in Act 5 and a lot of the node buffs that generate some kind of power or healing. He can definitely help you clear content there.

He doesn't do the most damage and his block proficiency isn't great, but he has to be in the discussion for top science utility champ and top 4 science champ overall.
    Jc, Flux ability gradually increase and decrease the attack damage. If flux was at the peak you deal a lot of damage. The knack is there is no flux meter so you have to guess the peak from damages as you hit. Every 7th hit becomes critical hit. Flux probably work independently from that 7th critical hit. I usually just hit away not thinking too much:)
    Jc Flux ability will gradually increase and decrease the attack damage. If flux was at the peak you deal a lot of damage. The knack is you There is no flux meter so you have to guess the peak from damages as you hit. Every 7th hit becomes critical hit. Flux probably work independently from that 7th hit. Generally sum damage is pretty g