**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

#NerfModok - Nice try but the design is way off. No one enjoys his addition to the contest.

Yes, he's great for defense, but that's only because we all know he's a pain in the rear to fight. There's very few ways to play around his abilities, especially when the ai is super aggressive and/or he's on a full immunity node. It can be done without timing out if you have the perfect champ and godly skill, but come on... He's just awkward, clunky, and his force field is way too affective. It would have been way more fun for all of us if he was modeled on Rocket's frame. Then the devs would have had a lot more freedom to make cool animations that are smooth and fluid when playing, as opposed to a giant arm appearing out of nowhere, that at times reaches too far to be fair, or other times completely wraps around you while somehow missing you. I have so many suggested changes to him that I don't dare write them all here. I've ranted enough. But will I get support? We'll see, I suppose. Compared to so many amazing champs added over the last few months, Modok stands out as a lone example of, "what were they thinking?!" Doesn't he?

Muzz~

Comments

• MuzzMuzz Posts: 124
    edited February 2018
    haha. I hope i didn't hurt Modok's feelings. I was referring to Scare calling me a whiner. Pardon me for offering a suggestion. I take back everything I said. I love Modok just as he is and I beg of you, please! Pardon my interruption of your day trolling the forums. I have better things to do than argue with "Imbeciles!" (Modok's words, not mine). I only ask that you think of me when you run into Modok on node 55 and his shield parries you after landing your first two hits.

(That's not aimed at you, @CreeperWhisper7 . I know you were just making a joke) 😉
  • SpinoSpino Posts: 241
    Or maybe some guys are totally unable to handle him, but as they own him in their roster and it's the first time they won a war because of it, it's fine for them.
    edited February 2018
    I agree with you, Stevie, and I think Spino is also right. The best counter I've found is Elektra with Resonate, but that only works if he's not on 55. It is a total revive fest and I don't find any satisfaction in playing with or against him, even when I do well. I can hear the hypocrisy now... First they say the new AW system is for whales who can pay to play, then they say, "don't nerf my Modok, bro", because he's making everyone pay to beat me. That's not my point. My point is simply good design vs bad design. Fun vs frustration. Will my suggestion make the game more fun and less frustrating to play?
  • Stevie_Stars1Stevie_Stars1 Posts: 253
    I'm on the left path 2 in tier 2 war and it blows man... I take my Taskmaster and Gwenpool, who are my personal best options, and it usually takes me at least one round of revives to get him down. This past war today was a r4 Modok and I almost raged quit, lol, because he would constantly pop that parry mid combo. Im only dropping feeler hits lll or mll but you still get caught and subsequently rocked
    Exactly. I know they're investigating the parry issue. Hopefully they'll fix that soon because it's totally unsporting.
  • BornBorn Posts: 228 ★★
    I don’t understand. You only want defenders that are easy to fight? His awkwardness and abilities such as auto block are what make him a decent defender.

I have fought rank 4 5* modok’s on immunity node in tier 1 many times. I have even soloed him with 5/50 BW, seen my ally members do the same with other champs like GP and blade. But some really struggle with him, and that’s ok. That’s what defenders are there for.

There is nothing wrong with him. He is a big, awkward guy with a pain in the ass defensive ability. These sorts of defenders are needed to prevent every war from producing 0 kills.

• imnooneimnoone Posts: 316 ★★
    edited February 2018
    Muzz wrote: »
    Yes, he's great for defense, but that's only because we all know he's a pain in the rear to fight. There's very few ways to play around his abilities, especially when the ai is super aggressive and/or he's on a full immunity node. It can be done without timing out if you have the perfect champ and godly skill, but come on... He's just awkward, clunky, and his force field is way too affective. It would have been way more fun for all of us if he was modeled on Rocket's frame. Then the devs would have had a lot more freedom to make cool animations that are smooth and fluid when playing, as opposed to a giant arm appearing out of nowhere, that at times reaches too far to be fair, or other times completely wraps around you while somehow missing you. I have so many suggested changes to him that I don't dare write them all here. I've ranted enough. But will I get support? We'll see, I suppose. Compared to so many amazing champs added over the last few months, Modok stands out as a lone example of, "what were they thinking?!" Doesn't he?

Muzz~

In this whole paragraph, all I see is personal preferences. I don't see any constructive arguments to nerf a champ.

You shouldn't and couldn't demand to nerf a champ because "he's a pain in the rear to fight", has clunky animation and his ability is too effective. You say it would have been more fun to play with rocket frame, I say I enjoy him as he is and actually glad that he isn't rocket reskin. It's fun to play against him and even play with him as attacker.

You should lead with "so many suggested changes" next time rather than ranting if you expect people to have constructive conversation.
    You make a fair point, Born. I guess I posted this because it's a pretty extreme scenario, don't you think? One of favorite things about AW is placing defense. It's awesome to have a place where we can exploit the abilities of champs to try and make them harder to fight. I just think Modok is too exploitable. My team is about 2500 and ranking Platinum 2-3. At our level, we're pretty much forced to 100% the map in all 3 BG's for a win. I'm fine with item usage. That's part of the game. Facing Medusa on node 24 is not easy, but it's fun and it's possible. This is the best I've ever seen anyone fight Modok on 55 and he still couldn't solo him with one champ. It can be done, sure. It still seems extreme though. I don't want them to make Modok a bad defender. I just wouldn't mind if they made him a little less than the total roadblock he often is. I guess my only measure for that is when a player who is very skilled reaches him without using any items, then struggles to get past him before running out of items. That's when I feel inclined to make a suggestion. Just my 2¢ tho.
    https://youtu.be/uVPiemrK4_g
    I hear you, @imnoone . Well put.
  • KhanMedinaKhanMedina Posts: 927 ★★★
    I think he'd be fine if they just fixed the Auto parry and the drift out of combos nonsense.
  • KhanMedinaKhanMedina Posts: 927 ★★★
    Reduced Ability Accuracy can stop the Forcefield from activating and prevent the stun from a parry so I think this the best team for beating MODOK. 5pd67viz2al7.png

If really going Anti Modok, I'd suggest BW, Quake, and CB. You'd still get over 200 crit + the great BW/Quake synergy. Quake works on MODOK too (I think?).
  • Scare_Reaper2Scare_Reaper2 Posts: 287
    Muzz wrote: »
    Thank you for that completely unproductive, rude, and nearly illegible reply, @Scare_Reaper2 . I particularly enjoyed the yelling part. Oh, by the way... Nothing I said should make you think I'm full of myself. I'm only offering a well thought out suggestion in the "suggestion forum." Why don't we stick to constructive conversation instead of name calling. I'm happy to listen to the other side of the argument and my mind could even be changed. That's because my mind is open. You should try it sometime.

the truth hurts lol
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Another nerf post... If they nerfed MODOK he would be a garbage champ. He isn't breaking the game. You are asking Kabam to take a champ that people spent money/resources on and make him useless because you don't like to fight him. I vote no. And just for the record I don't own him at any * level.
  • BahamutBahamut Posts: 2,307 ★★★★
    They don’t need to nerf M.O.D.O.K. they just need to fix that damn parry bug
  • WebbdogWebbdog Posts: 117
    Task works great against him, magneto works him too, ever RR works him. Nerf blade. He has ruined war. Total inbalance
  • Scare_Reaper2Scare_Reaper2 Posts: 287
    maybe your ignorance is breaking the game?
  • Jh_DezJh_Dez Posts: 1,306 ★★★
    whining isnt gonna get you a nerf sorry get better at playing the game maybe ..its a challenge we like challenges right you pros want challenges well kabam gave you one DEAL WITH IT..stop whining and get over yourself
    Shut it dude
    If he was a pro he would not be asking for a nerf so just stop talking nonsense
  • Jh_DezJh_Dez Posts: 1,306 ★★★
    I do support op when he says modok should be remodeled
    His gameplay is annoying
    Especially with the way the metal arms work
    Naturally I haven't had issues with him but I find his gameplay very stupid
    Sounds like there's some sort of consensus here. I'm glad kabam recognized and changed the parry issue with his force field. I guess time will tell how well the fix worked and if they tweaked anything else like his ability to hit you after a light attack into his shield, a'la evade bug style. Those champs are all good suggestions. I can't really use BW because even boosted and fought perfect, it's pretty unrealistic to one shot a 5/65 Modok on 55. I think Heavy hitters and mastery of fighting against Modok's abilities are the only answer now. Outside of the full immunity node, Elektra with resonate is still my favorite choice. Thanks for the conversation everyone.

Muzz~
  • NevvBNevvB Posts: 287 ★★★
    If you play around the force field it’s not that bad. You have to be good at intercepting or bait heavies. Many in my alli can one shot MODOK on imm node. R4 SL takes him out in less than 75 hits.

When his field is up hit him once to get rid of it, back off and intercept doing 4 hit combos. Evade sp1, bait heavies, repeat. He is really not that bad.
  • nIHSEANnIHSEAN Posts: 67
    Modok is huge pain to fight against on stun/debuff immune node for me.
    I am one of those who dont have blade, BW, taskmaster as 4star or 5star. (Terrible luck with crystal)

I would love to see new mechanics to fight him or get him reworked.(reworked doesn't exactly mean nerf)
  • The1_NuclearOnionThe1_NuclearOnion Posts: 907 ★★★
    edited March 2018
    Webbdog wrote: »
    Task works great against him, magneto works him too, ever RR works him. Nerf blade. He has ruined war. Total inbalance

NO NERF NO NERF NO NERF.
    Just because it is not business as usual and the long standing "kings of AW" have a weakness doesn't mean it's broken either and deserving of nerf. NEVER NERF. Say it with me.

Defenders that normalize Blade are coming....some already do honestly.
    Interesting that most game content is still man handled by SL!
    God forbid a decent defender have combo meter block to counter the sacred SL!
  • nIHSEANnIHSEAN Posts: 67

Defenders that normalize Blade are coming....some already do honestly.

That doesnt make modok fights any easier.

Modok is one hell of an annoying defender to fight against.

He is just designed to ruin player's game experience and give easy cash grab to the company.
  • AnimatronicstoAnimatronicsto Posts: 194
    Born wrote: »
    I don’t understand. You only want defenders that are easy to fight? His awkwardness and abilities such as auto block are what make him a decent defender.

I have fought rank 4 5* modok’s on immunity node in tier 1 many times. I have even soloed him with 5/50 BW, seen my ally members do the same with other champs like GP and blade. But some really struggle with him, and that’s ok. That’s what defenders are there for.

There is nothing wrong with him. He is a big, awkward guy with a pain in the ass defensive ability. These sorts of defenders are needed to prevent every war from producing 0 kills.

No we are not actually trying to get easy defenders to fight. Think about magik, Iceman, Hyperion, Medusa. No one complains about hem (or at least they shouldn’t) because there are clear and easy ways to play around their annoying abilities. However with MODOK there is no way to avoid his clunky animations (like heavy and medium attacks) along with playing around his impossible to avoid force field. This is not a good game mechanic, simply unavoidable mechanics. Think about unavoidable degen and how much that is despied.