**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Is Account Sharing Allowed?

2»

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    You're still not getting it. It wasn't one or the other. It was both. There is a reason the friend had access to the Champ and it's connected to what area of the game the Champ was in and what said individual had going on outside of the game.
    This Thread is not about him. It's about Account Sharing. It is not allowed, plain and simple. Their actions may be an immediate ban, or they may not be. Certainly if an individual has a longstanding public relationship with them, there may be some forgivable room to cause a removal from the Program as opposed to an immediate ban. No one says that we are judge, jury, and executioner. We don't get to decide actions taken, they do.
    If you're going to be so obtuse as to imply that Account Sharing had nothing to do with the actions they took, then I'm not really interested in investing energy describing the sun's brightness.
  • MattScottMattScott Posts: 587 ★★
    You're still not getting it. It wasn't one or the other. It was both. There is a reason the friend had access to the Champ and it's connected to what area of the game the Champ was in and what said individual had going on outside of the game.
    This Thread is not about him. It's about Account Sharing. It is not allowed, plain and simple. Their actions may be an immediate ban, or they may not be. Certainly if an individual has a longstanding public relationship with them, there may be some forgivable room to cause a removal from the Program as opposed to an immediate ban. No one says that we are judge, jury, and executioner. We don't get to decide actions taken, they do.
    If you're going to be so obtuse as to imply that Account Sharing had nothing to do with the actions they took, then I'm not really interested in investing energy describing the sun's brightness.

Here is where you start to change your wording to save face.

Of course it had to do with removing gim from the program. However that's not what we're talking about as that is a external function to normal gameplay. In regards to his account and normal gameplay, no action was taken against him for admitting that he shared his account in AQ AND AW
    So who decides what's adequate punishment? Us or them? Pretty sure it's them.
    Is this about the Sharing, or the fact that people are going for blood? Being removed from the Program and becoming an example in front of thousands of people is enough, considering the s**tstorm that's followed. They took action. It doesn't have to appease the masses. It needs to be appropriate according to their own judgment in proportion to the severity. There was also an honest admission. This whole idea that they ignored it and allowed him to get away with it is just ignorant.
  • RedRoosterRedRooster Posts: 337 ★★

He was punished/removed from CCP because he broke the NDA.

Account sharing is the mechanism by which he broke the NDA. He wasn't punished specifically for that transgression.

I am in agreement that it is up to Kabam if and what punishment they deem necessary for offenders.

Do I think he got of lightly?
    With no in-game consequences, yes of course.

Do I think he was treated preferentially?
    Hard to say because, I have no idea how many people get a warning for account sharing and no ban. We don't see posts from those people, we only see posts from those that get a ban

Do I wish that Kabam would adjust the game so that it wasn't necessary to choose between account sharing and having a life at the highest levels of the game?
    Yes
    Well, the situation in question was responded to adequately given the circumstances. As strongly as I feel about Account Sharing and as silent as I am about my views on that individual, that's still my feelings. In terms of the incident, it was dealt with reasonably. As for the Ally and any other compounded issues, that's a different subject. Who's to say what will and will not be done.
  • FBIFBI Posts: 12
    edited February 2018
    Kabam has already made up their mind and punished accordingly, I really don't see a point in discussing further. Just keep in mind account sharing is against the terms of service and can get you punished. So don't risk it just because another got off "lightly"

[Edited by Moderation]
    RedRooster wrote: »

He was punished/removed from CCP because he broke the NDA.

Account sharing is the mechanism by which he broke the NDA. He wasn't punished specifically for that transgression.

I am in agreement that it is up to Kabam if and what punishment they deem necessary for offenders.

Do I think he got of lightly?
    With no in-game consequences, yes of course.

Hard to say because, I have no idea how many people get a warning for account sharing and no ban. We don't see posts from those people, we only see posts from those that get a ban

Do I wish that Kabam would adjust the game so that it wasn't necessary to choose between account sharing and having a life at the highest levels of the game?
    Yes

Adjust the game....meaning AQ Timers? That's not a solution. Cheating is not justified by the Map. If people aren't available, then they have to work around it or play what they can. That's the solution. This false sense of HAVING to break the rules to run a Map is bunk in my books.
    edited February 2018
    FBI wrote: »
    Kabam has already made up their mind and punished accordingly, I really don't see a point in discussing further. Just keep in mind account sharing is against the terms of service and can get you punished. So don't risk it just because another got off "lightly"

Agreed.
  • I have 3 pilots running my battlegroups in AW. We are finishing AW less than 12 deaths. Acc sharing is against TOS but they do nothing about it + everyone else does it and rewards are insane!

Gl hf
  • QueqqueeQueqquee Posts: 48
    some men just want to watch the world burnnnnnn
  • GbSarkarGbSarkar Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    RedRooster wrote: »
    Oh but he did get a warning for account sharing once before yet he decided to do it again. Second time breaking the same rules yet no punishment
    And then there are tweets like this:
  • MattScottMattScott Posts: 587 ★★
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Wolf @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Loto @Kabam Zibiit

Daaaaamn. Then he goes and throws it in your faces!!

Dude has some nerve.
  • edited February 2018
    Hi all! As has been mentioned in the announcement here, account sharing is against our Terms of Service and remember that encouraging others to do so is against forum rules.

I'm going to go ahead and close this thread as the discussion can only remain one-sided as thanks to our privacy policy, we are unable to provide intregarding the details of any actions taken against anyone and this post here will explain this in more detail.
This discussion has been closed.