**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Blade Wars!!! Who has the most wins

Comments

• DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,861 ★★★★★
    Webbdog wrote: »

Not uneducated, just an observation from a 13 mill alliance. Majik was countered a long time ago, and my MD is at 3. Don't be upset brother, you will adapt without blade and acquire more skill. I'm talking on behest of the game health. It's becoming very unbalanced. And blades Regen counters degen. We had a 5* on node 24 and blade ran through it of course. O and good bless u @Demonzfyre

I have blade. 5* 4/55. I use the trinity in AW. Before i had blade, i still didnt have trouble clearing lanes or taking bosses down. Blade didnt make me better or less skilled. He lets me be able to do more. Mystic wars are dead. People are upset. You can pretend you aren't one of them but its pretty obvious you are. Blade isnt the end all be all champ you are portraying him to be. He has his weaknesses just like everyone else. The game isnt unbalanced, you just need to rethink your defense strategy. Also, no one cares about your alliance PI.
    DAVIDTH wrote: »
    Luke Cage, Cable, Abomination, HEROES, Collosus, Agent Venom, and Bleed immune champions are great Blade counters

If you watched Seatin’s free to play act 5 completion video and saw him destroy the act 5 ultron boss with blade rank 4 4* then you wouldn’t say that bleed Immune is a great counter for him. Obviously he isn’t as good against them but still

That was due to synergies. Medusa does just as well against him.
  • Kabam def doesn’t think much. They put blade to address all the mystics people put in war then everyone gets blade on offense for the mystics.

Now they need to
    Nerf
    Him
    Because everyone is using him. Lol
  • DAVIDTHDAVIDTH Posts: 224
    Luke Cage, Cable, Abomination, HEROES, Collosus, Agent Venom, and Bleed immune champions are great Blade counters

If you watched Seatin’s free to play act 5 completion video and saw him destroy the act 5 ultron boss with blade rank 4 4* then you wouldn’t say that bleed Immune is a great counter for him. Obviously he isn’t as good against them but still

He probably had the villain synergy is why
  • DAVIDTHDAVIDTH Posts: 224
    _ASDF_ wrote: »

Lol... never seen someone claim colossus was a great counter to anything. Abom, sure. The rest, no.

Well Cable puts on a regen for bleed, Agent Venom could shrug off the bleed, Heroes don't get extra damage because danger sense doesn't work on them, Bleed immune cuts off a portion of blades strength
  • New_Noob168New_Noob168 Posts: 1,562 ★★★★

Lol... never seen someone claim colossus was a great counter to anything. Abom, sure. The rest, no.

Well Cable puts on a regen for bleed, Agent Venom could shrug off the bleed, Heroes don't get extra damage because danger sense doesn't work on them, Bleed immune cuts off a portion of blades strength

Well. that's kinda assuming you have a ranked up cable. And, because of diversity, you can really only place 1. Hopefully, upcoming champs will be able to remove the danger sense. I think Sentinel will is what I'm hoping.

• LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Another nerf Blade post. Exactly what the forum was missing! Don't think I've seen any of those.
  • WebbdogWebbdog Posts: 117
    Demonzfyre wrote: »
    Webbdog wrote: »

Not uneducated, just an observation from a 13 mill alliance. Majik was countered a long time ago, and my MD is at 3. Don't be upset brother, you will adapt without blade and acquire more skill. I'm talking on behest of the game health. It's becoming very unbalanced. And blades Regen counters degen. We had a 5* on node 24 and blade ran through it of course. O and good bless u @Demonzfyre

I have blade. 5* 4/55. I use the trinity in AW. Before i had blade, i still didnt have trouble clearing lanes or taking bosses down. Blade didnt make me better or less skilled. He lets me be able to do more. Mystic wars are dead. People are upset. You can pretend you aren't one of them but its pretty obvious you are. Blade isnt the end all be all champ you are portraying him to be. He has his weaknesses just like everyone else. The game isnt unbalanced, you just need to rethink your defense strategy. Also, no one cares about your alliance PI.

Why do you keep bringing up mystics satan, never said anything about mystics. So don't keep trying to project mystics, and majik in my op, you must of had the issue not me. What I'm saying is, in high alliances past tier 3, it's the Trinity, no skill just Trinity, as you admitted yourself with your war team. Try another team buddy, might as well start now Mr. Dfrye. @Demonzfyre . No sense going back and forth with u. I respect your opinion. ;)
  • RektorRektor Posts: 678 ★★★
    Still crying
  • vinniegainzvinniegainz Posts: 902 ★★★
    Good thing we got rank down tickets in december so we rank down the 4/55 mystic boss we invested in.... Oh wait they are probably still some of the best options with 5/5 MD.

Going to feel sorry for all the noobs that finally get blade and are still bad at the game. He is not the end all, gamebreaking champ like the pre12.0 gods. Stop comparing them, all your credibility gets nullified (pun intented) when you bring them up.
  • FBIFBI Posts: 12
    Quake is way more versatile than blade and I prefer magik over blade aswell. However blade is very strong against some of the mystic champs and path clearing but not game breaking.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

That’s irrelevant. My point was that blade can still take down a bleed Immune enemy with over 190k health (I think). Even with danger sense active with a 100% attack boost that means he takes down an enemy with close to 95k health with regen, possible power gain, armour and fury with no issues. Why does that make colossus with 30k health a problem?
  • weavileweavile Posts: 288

That’s irrelevant. My point was that blade can still take down a bleed Immune enemy with over 190k health (I think). Even with danger sense active with a 100% attack boost that means he takes down an enemy with close to 95k health with regen, possible power gain, armour and fury with no issues. Why does that make colossus with 30k health a problem?

the villain synergy shut down all regen, armor and fury so all he have to do is pounding on a walking punching bag
    weavile wrote: »

the villain synergy shut down all regen, armor and fury so all he have to do is pounding on a walking punching bag

That’s my point. (Meant to write possible before each one of regen, power, armour, fury) what’s the difference between that and a colossus in Aw? Why is he supposed to be a counter to blade?
  • mugichamugicha Posts: 50
    i agree.
    stark spidey also need nerf!
    Mcord117 wrote: »
    I look forward to reading the threads when they change the synergy or the champ. It will be such a **** show. They are not done trying to capitalize on the champ yet but it’s coming

If they ever come out with like a $99 holy trinity package cover your asses

It will actually be worse than 12.0. Not because blade is better than witch strange and widow etc but because Kabam will be doing the exact same as last time.
    I look forward to reading the threads when they change the synergy or the champ. It will be such a **** show. They are not done trying to capitalize on the champ yet but it’s coming

If they ever come out with like a $99 holy trinity package cover your asses

It will actually be worse than 12.0. Not because blade is better than witch strange and widow etc but because Kabam will be doing the exact same as last time.

Yeah idk I think the community is so numb to the abuse at this point that I don’t believe it would be as strong a response as 12.0. We have grown to accept so much that I don’t know that the outrage levels can ever get that high again

Before blade came out I would have said you were right. I can only hope Kabam learned
  • Well,I agree with those that claim blade isn't the absolute god!Yes he counters some of the toughest opponents,BUT he has his counters already and i am sure he will get more,AND he still needs some good skills to play with him...dont overreact on that,but think about it,he has 40% ability reduction,with sparky synergy should be 40%+ 40% * 40% = 56%,still plenty of chance for opponents to activate their defensive abilities,then he has his very good regen to save him in those times but dont ignore the fact that its based on his power so you still need to play him aggressively and probably keep in eye on his power bar to use his regen effectively!All in all I'm trying to say he needs to be played well to perform really good and he still has some "counters"!

Now the only thing i would possibly change in the holy trinity would be a small nerf to Sparky!I don't want to take anything from him,ONLY the ability of players evading at the start of the fight to build up those poise charges and finish the opponent with 20hits or less making most nodes and opponents useless!I don't mean take him the ability to get poise charges and extra attack/crits by it,but add a way,possibly a slow timer for poise to expire?,so that the fight has to go on for a bit till he can possibly get to that level of strength!That could possibly be addressed also by a small change to the AI or the nodes without touching Sparky,maybe if AI acts in way that it doesn't let you constantly evade so you can build the charges right at the start of the fight,or maybe a node like bane that won't let you not touching opponent for too long(i know some nodes like that already exist,and that why i don't feel that the best way to deal with it,its just a suggestion)

In case you haven't understand whats the problem i see with sparky you can have a look at the latest series of wars in Brian Grant's("Contest Champion") youtube channel,when he uses sparky his tactic is always to build up those charges from scratch so he can finish the fight with the fewer possible hits!I mean congrats to him for doing it so effectively,but i still i would prefer him to be kind of SL(not the same) just mean as SL needs time to build up,so you still have to play well to beat your opponents and face the difficulties the nodes provide!I think its too much to be able to beat your 5* opponents in 20 or less hits!E.g. you can even see him at times fighting the poison node with him,and the fight can finish so quickly that he losoes to little life...that node is there to make opponents use poison immune champs not crazy damage champs!
  • SgtSlaughter78SgtSlaughter78 Posts: 462 ★★★
    I was looking through top 50 UK players, by total base hero. 22 out of the 50 have Blade as their top champ. Not exactly balanced.
    I was looking through top 50 UK players, by total base hero. 22 out of the 50 have Blade as their top champ. Not exactly balanced.

I think it’s slightly biased due to blades insane prestige. I’m not saying he wouldn’t be rank 5d but just look at Brutal dlx. He was kicked for ranking the lower prestige spark. If spark was better prestige I’m sure we’d see him as well
  • The1_NuclearOnionThe1_NuclearOnion Posts: 907 ★★★
    Blade is just the latest great counter to some difficult content. These arguments are ridiculous.
    It is NOT without skill to use him to your advantage. It is exactly how you play the game.

If you aren't looking at abilities, synergies, and counters of your champs then I would say you aren't completely skillful at this game, you're just mashing buttons. You can be good at evading, parry, and intercept and go in with the wrong champ and still loose with all your skill.

Mordo, Spidey, NC? Use Iceman if you have him. That IS part of skill. Champ Ability Strategy. Usually under-utilized too.
    Heavy regen? Who do you use? Someone who counters that. Duh. Why don't we call that "without Skill"?

I can't even tell you how many people use Star Lord for everything! "I used my Star Lord......" is the byline of most content completion in this game. It is because of his unique ability to stack dmg output. Smart. Use him. Period.
  • The1_NuclearOnionThe1_NuclearOnion Posts: 907 ★★★

No, his list is valid.
  • Slux83Slux83 Posts: 357 ★★
    My R5/65 Voodoo does not have any rival. Yes I'd like Blade, but I'm not at all worried if I don't get one.

@weavile @BitterSteel neither of you understand what danger sense does, do you? This statement is about as correct as one of president trumps statements.

Danger sense doesnt automatically shut down those abilities. It has up to about a 56% or so reduction with stark and GR. So if you think thats unfair, why arent you asking for Gwen Pool to get nerfed since she can gain 100% ability accuracy reduction?
  • SaiyanSaiyan Posts: 727 ★★★★
    Some of you guys haven't been paying attention at all. Kabam as of some months now buff/nurf champs mostly by introducing new characters. Void, Modok, Gulk, Killmonger, etc. All those champs nerf other champs with their abilities and play style and at the same time buff others with their synergies. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say either Bishop, Sabertooth or Sentinel will be a HARD counter for Blade. Sentinel makes sense as he should reduce ability acc overall and Bishop absorbs energy and is a mutant so we'll have to wait and see.

As it stands, as someone above said, Cable is a good counter for Blade as of now on defense but that only works if the attacker decides to even use Blade, remember, they have 2 other champs also and if it's the Holy Trinity then Spidey destroys Cable.
    Demonzfyre wrote: »

@weavile @BitterSteel neither of you understand what danger sense does, do you? This statement is about as correct as one of president trumps statements.

Danger sense doesnt automatically shut down those abilities. It has up to about a 56% or so reduction with stark and GR. So if you think thats unfair, why arent you asking for Gwen Pool to get nerfed since she can gain 100% ability accuracy reduction?

I think you’ve misunderstood me. I don’t think blade should be nerfed. I was just pointing out that colossus or other bleed immune champs aren’t good counters to blade simply because they’re bleed immune. I know what danger sense does, look back at what I’ve said, I spoke about the attack boost and I said “possible power gain” (I meant to say possible about the armour, fury and regen too) because I know that danger sense reduces ability accuracy.

I don’t think anything about blade is unfair, you need to read posts more carefully