**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Medusa on AW Node 24

PalanthraxPalanthrax Posts: 918 ★★★★
How do you beat her reliably? There are so few Medusa counters, but you also need the extremely high damage to overpower the regeneration on that node.

Comments

• JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    Doctor strange high sig.
    sw high sig.
    Mephisto.
    Few others to nullify her fury or a heal blocker and be able to wait out her fury buffs.
  • MattScottMattScott Posts: 587 ★★
    edited February 2018
    Why do people always forget ghost rider?
    But really any of the mystics.
    Jane thor
    Juggernaut
    Iron fist
    Scarlet witch
    Doctor strange
    Immortal iron fist
    Doctor voodoo

Best of the lot though is ghost rider
    MattScott wrote: »

While he could potentially do it you’ll cause more regen dashing away from attacks waiting for her fury to expire AFTER fate seal has worn off. So maybe but probably not the best. And not forgotten just not top of the list to take the node easily.
  • MattScottMattScott Posts: 587 ★★
    Jaded wrote: »

While he could potentially do it you’ll cause more regen dashing away from attacks waiting for her fury to expire AFTER fate seal has worn off. So maybe but probably not the best. And not forgotten just not top of the list to take the node easily.

AFTER gate seal wears off then do damnation. Then repeat
    edited February 2018

You’d have to go 25+ hits after fate seal to get his sp3. She will build fury up faster there that. You make her regen all her health back before you get to gr sp3. You fail to understand.
    Ghost rider could do it but not easily.
    And let’s tackle the rest of your “mystic picks”.

Jugs - heavy -> stagger. Not enough attack to over come any regen you’ll cause as stagger won’t remove the regen just the fury.

Jane foster -> same problem

Iron fist -> no way to remove her fury and won’t out damage the regen.

Sw and ds yes totally great for the node.

Doctor voodoo could definitely do as well. Easier then ghost rider.

• vinniegainzvinniegainz Posts: 902 ★★★

This... A while ago running map4 the mini had regen node up and I didnt realise it keeps coming back but I still managed to take them out cycling between sp1 and sp3 it was pretty funny.. Never underestimate the Rider.

He would absolutely wreck medusa node 24. But ya SW is pretty much the medusa kryptonite.
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    When it comes to Node 24, you have to assume you will proc a fair amount of buffs with Dexterity and Parry, so you have to be able to out-damage it. Damage over Time effects (bleed, incinerate, shock, degen) help a ton in that regard. She is poison immune, so keep that in mind.

When I faced that in Act 5.2, I brought champs that proc a lot of buffs, just so I could parry when I needed to.

She bleeds. Make her bleed a lot. X23, Black Panther, Gwenpool, AA, Guilly

Shock with Electro, Hood, Nebula

Heal blocking works too. Yondu's SP1 works really well (especially combined with his bleed).

Obviously preventing her from gaining Fury buffs helps as well (nullify, stagger, buff steal). Champs like Scarlet Witch, Dorm, Hood, Dr Strange, Voodoo, Loki, Venompool, Rogue.

If you're worried about getting stunned by her Living Strands, look at champs like Rogue, Groot, and Agent Venom who can shrug off the stun.

If I don't know who I'm facing and only know it's a cosmic (like the upper tiers of war), I will bring my Scarlet Witch every time.
  • NastyEfnNateNastyEfnNate Posts: 551 ★★
    edited February 2018
    GR sucks for Angela. Hood SW DS IF(heavy nullify fury) just about any mystic. Even she Thor. Heavies place 2 staggers. Learn how to use champs. Jugzy with his heavy. Mordo is even good. Just let her parry u. She will try to hit u and get degened and stunned. If u have a cosmic on your path always bring a mystic. And add MD. If u don’t scout your path well then this kind of thing will always happen. Most of the time your strongest champs won’t be the best champs
  • Use void... purposely cause dex to kill them with reversed healing
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,563 ★★★★★
    Nullify heroes

SWitch
    Magik
    Voodoo
    Dormmmau
    Morningstar
    Etc...
  • PincheChingonPincheChingon Posts: 99
    Simple.... awakened Loki, builds s1 super fast and steal her fury to increase your attack. That should more than make up for the regen
  • rozerosrozeros Posts: 39
    Sw will do nothing
    Sparky the best option and lots of boosts