**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

4* Iceman OR 5* AA?

DingaloDingalo Posts: 355
edited February 2018 in Strategy and Tips
So, let's put this into context...
1) I just pulled a 5* Archangel
2) I recently just pulled a 4* Iceman
3) I already have an awakened 4* Archangel R5

I am somewhat lacking some champs with immunities, so my choice was obviously going to be Iceman! However, after this AA pull, I'm wondering what I should do.
I still believe Iceman is the way to go... since I'm doing just fine right now with my 4* maxed Archangel and I don't necessarily "NEED" that 5* AA right now.
I would say that 4* R5 Iceman will be more useful to me overall, BUT I want your thoughts!

4* Iceman OR 5* AA? 46 votes

4* unawakened Iceman to R5
43%
TheGumbaLoPrestiwSWeaponXadqqedfyvrHeroBoltsyIl_JooOAshburnSpiritOfVengeanceSuperSam57BreybreyLt_Magnum_1imnooneTurbulentUrFaceEric987ThesurvivlistMonstermatt1272BabyWShareBearMy_Superiordfmoore26Masuarao 20 votes
Focus on bringing 5* unawakened Archangel to R3 (even if I have a R5 awakened 4* AA)
56%
AjavedSlux83Spity68buffajrNguyenDauSIlverProfessorHazerfaceZane22Firelord_OzaiSac123_Teddersbm3eppsHipHopHead_78Savio444Tom3579SgtAnime1colbyscipio987DangerNoodleJeepettiBoboman 26 votes

Comments

• BahamutBahamut Posts: 2,307 ★★★★
    Focus on bringing 5* unawakened Archangel to R3 (even if I have a R5 awakened 4* AA)
    AA doesn’t need to be awakened to be good, just to have utility
  • DrpancakesDrpancakes Posts: 102
    ya, awakened ability is useful if your want heal block and reduction, otherwise damage is bigger on 5*
  • DingaloDingalo Posts: 355
    edited February 2018
    Haha yeah thanks guys! The reason it's tough is that I need immunities... and high damage is something that isn't much priority right now :s . Damn having 2 AA's would be lethal, but I feel everyone needs an Iceman :D .

#Iceangel?... I wish :tired_face:
    I have damage dealers: 4* AA, SL, Gwenpool, Medusa, Hulk & Thor all awakened at R5 + 6* Luke Cage.
    I feel like I'm not in desperate need of that extra damage dealer (which is pretty much AA really is unawakened)... However, Iceman's utility and immunities are something that IMO no one can ever get enough of...

*BTW I'm really trying to prove my side on this discussion to explain to people why this is a tough decision :tired_face: + I want to hear some solid arguments proving me wrong :D
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    There is no getting around the utility of Iceman, awakened or not. I am debating my 4* Iceman and a 5* NC. I need the utility on attack, but an R4 NC on defense (on the right node) is killer too.
  • HazerfaceHazerface Posts: 46
    I was in the same dilemma that I was waiting to rank 4* iceman to 5/50, than I pulled 5*AA. I consulted in the forum and seemed to have decided on AA. However, I had trouble finishing MIchael Jordan so I was thinking maybe iceman will bring me more catalyst. So I finished MJ and RttL and got another mutant catalyst. Maybe you can make rankinf decision based on the situations that you want to use him in. Arena, quest, etc. In my case, which would help me to bring more catalysts in short term. Good luck!
  • HazerfaceHazerface Posts: 46
    But if you can rank AA to 3/45 you can use him both on AQ and AW! I think that is more fun. Damage output from 4* iceman isn’t great so... if I were you I rank AA. I ranked wolverine to5/50 with extra mutant cat but I am not good at using him and kind of regret not ranking5*AA
  • beyonder8421beyonder8421 Posts: 881 ★★★
    Rank all of them up!
    Trust me!
  • Lt_Magnum_1Lt_Magnum_1 Posts: 639 ★★
    AA has one glaring weakness (bleed or poison immunes). Iceman is a great compliment
  • RedRoosterRedRooster Posts: 337 ★★
    Dingalo wrote: »
    I have damage dealers: 4* AA, SL, Gwenpool, Medusa, Hulk & Thor all awakened at R5 + 6* Luke Cage.
    I feel like I'm not in desperate need of that extra damage dealer (which is pretty much AA really is unawakened)... However, Iceman's utility and immunities are something that IMO no one can ever get enough of...

*BTW I'm really trying to prove my side on this discussion to explain to people why this is a tough decision :tired_face: + I want to hear some solid arguments proving me wrong :D

I'm not sure this is going to help or hinder your decision.

You have poison and bleed immune covered, just not as a double/triple immune champ. You rarely need a double immune, unless you're running path 5 in AW and you don't know if you're going left or right to offer help.

Here is the big caveat to the above, If you're doing act 5, you need double immunes for the biohazard lanes.

Other things to consider, iceman has coldsnap which helps you against evade champs NC/OG Spidey/Mordo. Unfortunately, yours is unawakened so you still have to get the first sp1 off successfully.

I have an 5*r4 AA, he absolutely shreds opponents, BUT if I want to heal block, I still need to take my 4* awakened AA.

So as much as I want to tell you spend your resources on AA, you might be better served with Iceman.
  • SuperSam57SuperSam57 Posts: 325
    I have an un awakened 5* AA at 4/55, 4* AA sig 99, and a 4* Ice man sig 99. Since you have the 4* AA, I would go Ice man for that immunity and utility and just work on that 5* over time.
  • LoPrestiLoPresti Posts: 1,035 ★★★
    You already have an AA you can use, and you said you need immunities. Go for Iceman.
  • TheGumbaTheGumba Posts: 27
    I'd go 4* iceman, triple immune comes in handy.
    You'll get more mutant t4cc for that 5* Angel in the future.
    Thanks so much for the advice everyone! I really appreciate it!