**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Featured 5* Shard Crystal Drop rate lowered?

I heard that after the Killmonger arena that the drop rates for the actual featured 5* Shard Crystal champions would drop drastically? Anyone know more? Or have info stating otherwise?

I’m trying to save for Featured 5* Blade, but don’t want to waste all my time and effort to get a 3* Hulkbuster or something lol.

Comments

• Elijah1929Elijah1929 Posts: 24
    I'd weep for you if you managed to pull a 3* champ from a 5* crystal.

Also, check out the announcement to the changes here;
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/43300/upcoming-changes-to-5-star-featured-crystal#latest

Somebody can probably sum it up better than me but how I've understood from people around the community is that the odds for a specific champ have changed from roughly 20% to just over 4%. The benefit is that the new crystal only has 24 champs to pull from rather than the entire pool
  • Tarifk13Tarifk13 Posts: 49
    We need more 5* shards kabam
  • Atticus9090Atticus9090 Posts: 521 ★★
    Elijah1929 wrote: »

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/43300/upcoming-changes-to-5-star-featured-crystal#latest

Somebody can probably sum it up better than me but how I've understood from people around the community is that the odds for a specific champ have changed from roughly 20% to just over 4%. The benefit is that the new crystal only has 24 champs to pull from rather than the entire pool

I just saw the error of my ways. To clarify, Im talking about the featured 5* shard crystal. The one were you save up your shards until you hit 15k. But thanks for your explanation anyway. I will check out the link to try to get more info.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,241 ★★★★★
    The Featured Crystal was changed. It now contains 6 Featured Champs and 18 Basics. There's an equal chance at any Champ. The exception will be the Blade Crystal coming shortly.
  • RapRap Posts: 3,194 ★★★★
    This is to induce players to buy the featured because it improves the possibility of duping a five which the regular 5 star crystal now has a zero chance of doing for most of us if not all of us...not terribly good news...wish the grand master would be pleased enough to withdraw the **** champs from the regular five...
  • Elijah1929Elijah1929 Posts: 24
    Elijah1929 wrote: »

I just saw the error of my ways. To clarify, Im talking about the featured 5* shard crystal. The one were you save up your shards until you hit 15k. But thanks for your explanation anyway. I will check out the link to try to get more info.

Perfect. That's what I assumed you were talking about. Those are the changes that happened to that crystal (as others here have talked about here as well). Just to help you out a little bit more the changes include:

- the pool is now 24 champs with equal drop rates and not a single featured champ with increased odds but the entire 5* champ pool as well. This changed the odds from roughly a 20% drop rate of a featured champ (old crystal) to 4.4% drop rate of a specific champ in the pool (new crystal)
    - The new featured crystal runs for 3 months or some crazy long time before it changes to a different set of 24 champs

That's basically it. Pretty simple to explain but totally changed the crystal. Hopefully that makes sense