**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Moon Knight any good?

So unfortunately for me, my most recent 5* pull ended up duping my MK out of my short list of total 5*. When I first tried him out (unduped) I was underwhelmed and shortly ended up shelving him.

Does duping him make him much better? Am I underestimating him overall? Or did I get two poor 5* pulls?

Comments

• colbyscipio987colbyscipio987 Posts: 1,027 ★★
    Why are asking this question? of course he's good
  • CavalierCavalier Posts: 246
    yes he is good, not god tir but a very good champ. congrats
  • NastyEfnNateNastyEfnNate Posts: 551 ★★
    He’s a decent champ. Has different abilities based on the phase of the moon. Full moon is kinda OP and perma stuns. He would be much better if he could stack bleeds
  • colbyscipio987colbyscipio987 Posts: 1,027 ★★
    Primmer79 wrote: »
    Why are asking this question? of course he's good

why are you so condescending? and wrong?

Why are always being a stalker and annoying
  • silverseraphsilverseraph Posts: 133
    i have him as a 5* and agree his permastun is best time to use, i dont really know how useful his awakened ability is but have seen it help me control power gain a little bit better. That said, i havent seen him being the champ i need to use over another in any situation, theres usually a better option in the scenarios ive been in.
  • ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    1 week every month he's easily a demi-god tier champ.
  • MattScottMattScott Posts: 587 ★★
    He’s good for that week, correct.

But havinrg a champ who is only good 25% of the time, is bad.

So i think this makes him a bad champ.
  • A_Noob_Is1A_Noob_Is1 Posts: 762 ★★
    Ace_03 wrote: »
    Khonshu is displeased by you're lack of belief.

*your
  • HotCarlosHotCarlos Posts: 9
    i have him as a 5* and agree his permastun is best time to use, i dont really know how useful his awakened ability is but have seen it help me control power gain a little bit better. That said, i havent seen him being the champ i need to use over another in any situation, theres usually a better option in the scenarios ive been in.

I think this was the issue that I ran into, which is that I found using him over other champs to be less effective. I agree that him not stacking bleeds isn't great, which is what turned me off.

I appreciate the feedback. Is there a way to know what phase he's in without putting him in a fight?
  • RichiestylzRichiestylz Posts: 53
    Why you saying he cant stack bleeds ? He can stack 6 at a time. You can pretty much run perma-bleed with him.his auto evade is handy. And 6 hit combos
  • HotCarlosHotCarlos Posts: 9
    Because when his bleed triggers it refreshes the bleed instead of adding a stack
  • NastyEfnNateNastyEfnNate Posts: 551 ★★
    Look outside and you’ll know the moon phase
  • mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    it depends on the time of the month. some times he's good on defense. sometimes he's good on attack. just gotta know which times are which is all.
  • ChitlinsChitlins Posts: 164 ★★
    I had an r4 moon knight awakened for the longest time. He was my first r4 and while he was fun, he is just kinda ok. Full moon is good because of the stuns, but it can also be bad on nodes that reduce stun duration as well as against mordo.

I personally think the best moon cycle is the one now because the damage is increased a lot.

If he could stack multiple bleeds he would be so much better. But he isn't worth r4 now in my opinion.
  • TheHoodedDormammuTheHoodedDormammu Posts: 1,448 ★★★
    Cavalier wrote: »

why? i also got a 5 star version recently. He seems okay but why is he good?
  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,871 ★★★★★
    Cavalier wrote: »

why? i also got a 5 star version recently. He seems okay but why is he good?

He can bleed, he can stun lock and he can evade.

Thats good right?
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,281 ★★★★★
    Moon Knight is a fun champ to play with; largely because he's quite complex. His health and base stats are really high; and can carry you through quests. His animations are very slick, and his specials all look, well, special.

As you've duped him, his Sig is much underappreciated - a 30% power boost (or -30% opponent's Power Gain) makes a big difference; and you can often get an SP2 off before your opponent. If you aren't good at baiting specials, it can make the difference between your opponent reaching their SP3 and them not getting to it. This ability changes every six hours, like the tide (but at the same time every day).

Also, in the week of the full moon, he gets a crazy ability to Stun; which makes him seriously effective that week.

Complexities:

You need to follow the real moon calendar to know how he'll be working before a fight.

In the new moon, his base chance of a critical drops to zero; so he benefits from Greater Precision. His SP1 is the best way to inflict bleeds at this time.

His bleeds don't stack, but constantly refresh; so you may want to back off and let them inflict some damage; especially against champs like Taskmaster and Agent Venom. As they don't stack, you get less benefit from the extension from Deep Wounds. On the other hand, his high health makes the instant health subtraction effect work well against many opponents.

His second medium attack is a double-tap with his staff; which looks good, but can be hard to chain into a special. This just takes practice and you'll nail it. It's not a genuine problem like for Ms Marvel's SP2.

Overall, as a first duped Five star champ (I don't have any myself), you could have done a lot worse. Play with him and see if you enjoy fighting with him. If you do, you'll probably get to enjoy his quirks. He's not great at New Moon; but is solid the other three weeks; and awesome at full moon.