**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Mordo's astral evade

So in todays expert trials quest, I had a mordo as my 2nd opponent. It had bane and mesmerize as universal node. So it triggered 1:after I waited for the stun to be over and 2. when it did mesmerize to me, I automatically had an astral evade hitting me so, I dion't know if this is a bug or I'm not getting something, but this wasted my quest entry.

Comments

• OmniOmni Posts: 574 ★★★
    Mesmerize is a terrible node and needs to go away. Kabam knows exactly what they are soing paring it with bane and mordo
  • spaceoakspaceoak Posts: 135
    Sure seams like a bug. There was a thread on this last week after the mesmerize trial. Never got a response from Kabam, but plenty of people posted that they have seen it.
  • RetroRocksRetroRocks Posts: 67
    Yep, exactly the same here, even when Mordo was certainly not stunned, but when the mesmerize node kicked in mordo's astral evade would activate, so as soon as I was stunned by the node the astral evade would trigger registering a hit and so transferring bane to me.
    I do not understand why me being stunned by mesmerize would cause mordo to be classed as stunned, and count as an astral evade contact.
    Very weird, certainly a bug, it also occurred when mordo was blocking during power gain and I launched a heavy attack, this mesmerised me via the node and mordo instantly astral evaded and applied degen and bane. This shouldnt be possible if mordo was already blocking, I can in no way have stunned him.
  • Jwallace25Jwallace25 Posts: 481 ★★★
    edited February 2018
    It happened to me as well. Throwing a heavy to break thru his cowardly block causes you to get hit with astral evade and then degenerate with Bane. I did happen to get past it fortunately. Seems like an unintentional bug that the devs will have no interest in fixing while the event is going on, which is unfortunate.
  • silverseraphsilverseraph Posts: 133
    edited February 2018
    i got sparky left and i could not get the bugged mordo down myself without having all 5 others die; he stuns and degens which means double degen right away he is the 2nd in my quest and i will not be spending revives to get past this bug. I am gonna have to back out i think but i dont expect them to make this right. I hope they do but dont expect jack.
  • mydnightmydnight Posts: 671 ★★★
    Sounds like a bug to me. I think I just AA'ed him. Try to use people that reduce abilities.
    Is there someone from the game team that can clarify whether this is a bug or not?
  • This node is too hard man i was playing with yondu and the node says 7% chance to evade they barely evade every attack WTH?
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    The issue is that Mordo doesn't have a basic evade. When he evades it activates his astral form.

The full description of Mesmerize is that the AI has a 7% chance to evade and inflict stun on the attacker. So when Mordo evades, he uses his full astral evade. And when combined with Bane, you can end up with 2 degen's stacked on you. This is what is pissing players off.

At the end of the day, you have to be patient and be very deliberate with your attacks. Basically, hit once to activate bane, then play hyper-defensively. Parry and just stand there, letting Bane do the work for you (use your highest health champ you have for best results). The AI is really passive in this quest, so this isn't difficult. Once the Bane gets close to switching, do the least amount of hits to keep Bane going on the AI then back off again. Use special attacks as much as possible because the stun cannot interrupt the animation.

Mesmerize means players cannot just button mash the typical "parry, MLLLM combo, repeat" routine. If you do, you will get beat up. And that is the point of the challenge. You have to learn how to fight differently. If you actually read the "story" in part 3.1 monthly quest (Patience of the Tortoise), it talks specifically about BP needing to learn fighting techniques that aren't the typical bull in a china shop rampage and to be patient.

Specific champs that work really well against Mordo/Mesmerize:
    Drax - his medium hit is a double and will bypass the "regular" astral evade. Parry and do a single Medium hit to activate bane, then back off. You still have the risk of Mordo evading.
    Hype - Spam his SP1. You get the added benefit of the incinerate
    Archangel - His heavy attack is a double hit and works the same as Drax's medium.
    Rogue & Groot have reduced stuns, so even if they are stunned they will recover before the AI can attack.
    Agent Venom - Can shrug off the stun before the AI can attack
    Crossbones (awakened with high sig level) - can shrug off stun

Adjust your masteries to maximize limber and reduce stun durations.

Another option is to not touch them at all by using Quake's heavy charge (Aftershock). She doesn't need to be R4 or R5 or even awakened. Charge, parry, repeat, and if done perfectly won't even activate Bane.
    Dexman1349 wrote: »
    The issue is that Mordo doesn't have a basic evade. When he evades it activates his astral form.

The full description of Mesmerize is that the AI has a 7% chance to evade and inflict stun on the attacker. So when Mordo evades, he uses his full astral evade. And when combined with Bane, you can end up with 2 degen's stacked on you. This is what is pissing players off.

At the end of the day, you have to be patient and be very deliberate with your attacks. Basically, hit once to activate bane, then play hyper-defensively. Parry and just stand there, letting Bane do the work for you (use your highest health champ you have for best results). The AI is really passive in this quest, so this isn't difficult. Once the Bane gets close to switching, do the least amount of hits to keep Bane going on the AI then back off again. Use special attacks as much as possible because the stun cannot interrupt the animation.

Mesmerize means players cannot just button mash the typical "parry, MLLLM combo, repeat" routine. If you do, you will get beat up. And that is the point of the challenge. You have to learn how to fight differently. If you actually read the "story" in part 3.1 monthly quest (Patience of the Tortoise), it talks specifically about BP needing to learn fighting techniques that aren't the typical bull in a china shop rampage and to be patient.

Specific champs that work really well against Mordo/Mesmerize:
    Drax - his medium hit is a double and will bypass the "regular" astral evade. Parry and do a single Medium hit to activate bane, then back off. You still have the risk of Mordo evading.
    Hype - Spam his SP1. You get the added benefit of the incinerate
    Archangel - His heavy attack is a double hit and works the same as Drax's medium.
    Rogue & Groot have reduced stuns, so even if they are stunned they will recover before the AI can attack.
    Agent Venom - Can shrug off the stun before the AI can attack
    Crossbones (awakened with high sig level) - can shrug off stun

Adjust your masteries to maximize limber and reduce stun durations.

Another option is to not touch them at all by using Quake's heavy charge (Aftershock). She doesn't need to be R4 or R5 or even awakened. Charge, parry, repeat, and if done perfectly won't even activate Bane.

Thanks for that insightful post. Two questions though:

1. With the strategy you mentioned, Mordo would just sit there holding block until he reaches his lv3. How would you combat that without attacking?
    2. Why is Mordo's astral evade still activating when he is blocking and you throw a heavy?
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    1) Mordo's SP3 hits with a feather. Any 4* R4 champ can eat 3 or 4 of them, but you will have to be act fast afterwards to switch the bane back to him.

2) It's activating because of the mesmerize. He has a 7% chance to evade ANY hit, including heavy attacks. And when he evades, he does his full astral because he doesn't have a "basic" evade.

I end up losing more health to Bane than I do to anything else in that whole quest regardless of the AI. They play so passively it's hard to time things to avoid it from getting passed back to you.
  • So this happened to me while doing the final trial of the week, meaning I wasted all my boosts and missed out on the 5* shards. I'm so pissed tbh
  • KhanMedinaKhanMedina Posts: 927 ★★★
    This has been an issue everytime mesmerize was up and Mordo was in the quest. No reply from Kabam about the obvious bug, but you will get a bunch of players calling you bad for not having Iceman and AA, so there's that.
  • BahamutBahamut Posts: 2,307 ★★★★
    “Astral Evade” A.K.A. “Ashole Evade”