**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

sick and Fin tired of getting kabamed in 4* basic arena

for the past 3 arena cycles it has been impossible for me to reach the infinite streak in 4* basic arena,and I have no problem reaching it in the other arenas. I have tried both methods of getting to infinite streak and every time i get to win streak 13 and just need 1 more win to reach infinite kabam screws me over. every time on that fight it is impossible to bait out specials so AI just builds up to sp3 and kabam i am dead. I have no problem baiting out specials any other time till that last fight to get to infinite streak!

If i cannot reach infinite streak there is no way in hell i can compete for that 4* champ so what is the ****** point! if kabam is gonna keep putting me at a disadvantage why ******* play at all. have had about enough of kabam's ****

Also WTH do i have to filter my champs after each series? why can i not just set filter once and it stay that way until i change it? really annoying chit

Comments

• Lunchbox45Lunchbox45 Posts: 250 ★★
    I havent had any issues. List what champs you are using for each.

1-9
    10-12
    13-15
    15-19

20 is usally to streak
  • DizzyDizzy Posts: 236 ★★
    When you say "other arenas" do you mean 3* and 2* arenas?

The 4* basic streak is so much easier than 4* featured for new players, since the cap on opponent difficulty is much more reasonable. What is your roster like and how many 4/40 champs do you have? And, how long have you had the game - are you in the Veteran bracket already (>2 months)?

At a first glance, I think you just need to give it some more practice. You should be able to take down opponents with 3x your PI and if you keep getting screwed by SP3s, avoid Hyperion where you can and bring your power control champs in for the tough fight.

For the record, it's not just about winning the 14th fight... you need to sustain the streak with the right champs from then on, so you might just not have the right roster of champions.
  • AddyosAddyos Posts: 1,090 ★★★★
    Strange you're having trouble at battle #13. You should be getting Kang or Thanos teams which are easy to fight, if you are following a recemmended method to get to the infinite streak.
    Otherwise save your power control champs like Vision, Hawkeye or Magik for battle #13 once you have them.
    Sorry, my last note was too sympathetic.

Infinite streak is not something you just "get" for playing the game. You need a LOT of 4/40 champs to sustain it, and that's why taking advantage of the Beginner and Intermediate brackets is so important. The fact that you think this is a "bug" is downright ridiculous.

When I first got the game, I wasn't focused on infinite streak. I was focused on saving my best champs for the 3x multiplier, sandbagging a lot, and milking as many points as I could until I lost.

Then I would rinse and repeat the hard way, using my 3* 1/1 champs on the first 5 fights, until I ultimately got my score to ~800k (mind you, this was in the Beginner / Intermediate bracket with lower cutoffs).
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★
    That's it. You should Sandbag for 9-13 until you hit Kang/Thanos. You can use 5/50, 4/40 at 9 and up to hit Kang/Thanos, but you should have enough to carry you through to 16. The AI is Kung Fu lately. Every L1 is Blocked for me, every Medium whiffed, speed is faster. Just keep trying my friend.
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    What rank are your champs at that you are using to build the infinite streak?

When I had lower-ranked champs, I had to use a very specific order of champs otherwise I'd run into the same issues you are. I would run my maxed 3* champs up to streak 7-8, then I would use 2x 3/30 4* champs and an unranked 3* (sandbag) through streak 15.

As I was able to rank up champs higher, 4* 4/40 champs became much easier to sandbag with. Even with only 2 of them, I would use units to revive them for the sole purpose of getting through the streak. Once I hit #15, then I'd run my usual teams again.

Eventually, you'll get to a point where building the streak becomes just as boring as the rest of the grind because your skills have improved and your champs are ranked high enough that you don't have to worry about sandbagging anymore.
  • TheOneAndOnlyTheOneAndOnly Posts: 690 ★★★
    Autoja wrote: »
    Dizzy wrote: »

Infinite streak is not something you just "get" for playing the game. You need a LOT of 4/40 champs to sustain it, and that's why taking advantage of the Beginner and Intermediate brackets is so important. The fact that you think this is a "bug" is downright ridiculous.

When I first got the game, I wasn't focused on infinite streak. I was focused on saving my best champs for the 3x multiplier, sandbagging a lot, and milking as many points as I could until I lost.

Then I would rinse and repeat the hard way, using my 3* 1/1 champs on the first 5 fights, until I ultimately got my score to ~800k (mind you, this was in the Beginner / Intermediate bracket with lower cutoffs).

this is not my first rodeo. up until a week ago i have always managed to hit infinite streak everytime. therefore competing and most time able to get 4* champs i want from arena

Have you ever though about adjusting a little maybe and using power drainers in those critical matches right before you hit infinite streak? I don't see this as being a bug. It is purely a challenge of those last matches in that arena.
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    Wait until you're rocking 5/50 champs. I trigger the Kang/Thanos teams starting at round 6. lol
    Jump to the Kang/Thanos after Streak 12. If you enter with 4/40s or 5/50s, it will bring you there. Don't use anything less than 3/30s until Streak 18 and nothing less than a 3* Max after that. Minimum 4500 PI.
  • TheOneAndOnlyTheOneAndOnly Posts: 690 ★★★
    Dizzy wrote: »

this is not my first rodeo. up until a week ago i have always managed to hit infinite streak everytime. therefore competing and most time able to get 4* champs i want from arena

Have you ever though about adjusting a little maybe and using power drainers in those critical matches right before you hit infinite streak? I don't see this as being a bug. It is purely a challenge of those last matches in that arena.

well the bug is that the 2nd win on streak 13 everytime it is impossible to bait specials and i get hit with a sp3 and instantly die. streak 10-13 are tricking using 3* R1 lvl 1 but i manage to get them and can bait out specials just fine until i get to that crucial win on streak 13. doesnt matter who i am fighting on that match it will not let me bait specials

Still not a bug...you need to alter how you fight and/or who you use.
    Yeah it was the 13 that used to drive me nuts. Then I tried my Top Team one time and got the Kang/Thanos. Now I have enough Champs to play through. For some reason, that Streak 13 is a PITA.
  • MattScottMattScott Posts: 587 ★★
    Recharge your top team once you get to the “hard” fights.
    Also, take a screenshot if you do lose your streak so we can see what's going on!
  • Morning_GoryMorning_Gory Posts: 44
    I had similar problem, getting to Infinite Streak in T4B arena last time it was around. My long time proven method has let me down 2x. Then an alliance member suggested a different approach and that has worked. Never had an issue before,