**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Rank Down Tickets

Will there be more rank down tickets for the future? This option give players a chance to rank up their favorite champs. Rank down tickets should have been part of the Summors Appreciation months.

Comments

• Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,762 ★★★★★
    Rank Down tickets will be back when major nerfs / changes are made to any champion.
    Besides that, I wouldn't expect them anytime soon ...
  • spumingtonspumington Posts: 350 ★★
    Like eXtripa69 said, rank down tickets will only be released when there is a major change to the game or to a champion that modifies the way the game or that champion operates. I hope they never bring rank down tickets back. They're too powerful to just drop them on the user base at random intervals.
  • ctp1223ctp1223 Posts: 290
    Rank Down Tickets are too powerful as the poster above me said. We can not be getting rid of redundant/low prestige champs all the time. The game would be too easy ( not my opinion)
  • username92847username92847 Posts: 292
    edited June 2017
    Why is everyone concerned about prestige, when it comes to RDTs?

I dont care about a made up desirabilty system. ... i just want 5 solid champs to tackle content with (content i used to be able to beat, with old champs)
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Rank down tickets shouldn't be handed out here there and everywhere. Only if a character is nerfed
    Why is everyone concerned about prestige, when it comes to RDTs?

I dont care about a made up desirabilty system. ... i just want 5 solid champs to tackle content with (content i used to be able to beat, with old champs)

Once you advance further in the game, you'll get into the prestige race. Then you'll understand why rank down tickets are so powerful. My prestige jumped over 500 points thanks to the last round of rank down tickets.
  • OngellOngell Posts: 55
    I'd love to take doctor strange down some ranks that champion is a dumpster fire same with ironman considering I only used him to offset icemans bum cold snap. They nerfed god tier champs like Thor and witch just to bring more into the game Gwenpool and Voodoo. Hypocrites. I want to see someone run lol with a god damn iron patriot.
  • Tiara321SaltinessTiara321Saltiness Posts: 12
    edited June 2017
    I would love rank down ticket, stop for one second about prestige, I know it can change game but once per month it help us as a player for experience new champ or champ we just get from crystal, don't u guy got bored about prestige race, u guy compete again each other which is make game no fun anymore, I hope your your prestige champ can take down collector. If we would expect rank down after the nerf champ, then most of us probably quit not everyone like start over and over again
    I won't use my prestige champs to take down the Collector. I have utility champs for that.
  • RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,504 ★★★★★
    I would love rank down ticket, stop for one second about prestige, I know it can change game but once per month it help us as a player for experience new champ or champ we just get from crystal, don't u guy got bored about prestige race, u guy compete again each other which is make game no fun anymore, I hope your your prestige champ can take down collector. If we would expect rank down after the nerf champ, then most of us probably quit not everyone like start over and over again

This really makes zero sense. People aren't going to quit without rank down tickets. If so, this would have happened long ago. The position that rank down tickets should be available to adapt to the "content" of the game (rather than changes to the characters or gameplay itself) is a horrible business model. Kabam wants you to rank up more champs. If all you needed were the ability to rank up and down a few champs to adapt to the content, then people would not be forced to grind and/or compete in AQ. Sure, there are many champs on my roster I would like to rank down (even after the previous round of tickets), but that doesn't mean they should be made available.

• MyTaffyMyTaffy Posts: 144
    Instead of Rank down tickets, why do not you ask for more basic c or color c to rank up instead?

I rather to have more champions at rank 5 than to spend time rank up and down between champions.
  • Do u not know how many quit after 12.0
  • RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,504 ★★★★★
    edited June 2017
    Do u not know how many quit after 12.0

Non-sequitur. People who quit did so because the game changed so much, not because Kabam wasn't going to allow people to rank up and down as they please on a moving forward basis, which is what you are claiming. If another drastic change comes to the game that impacts the champs abilities, I promise Kabam will provide additional rank down tickets.

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,239 ★★★★★
    Do u not know how many quit after 12.0
    Still here, aren't we?
  • In forum yes not so much in game
    spumington wrote: »

Once you advance further in the game, you'll get into the prestige race. Then you'll understand why rank down tickets are so powerful. My prestige jumped over 500 points thanks to the last round of rank down tickets.

???.... I'm in a 9 million alli & I have never ranked any champ based on prestige
    (Which i noticed early on, ALWAYS CHANGES, so what's the point?)

Mostly because effective champs are LOW on prestige & the horrible bums, that wouldnt win a street fight with a bum,
    they put at top of the prestige list.
    (So, I doubt, i will EVER care about prestige)

Upon re-reading these comments, i have to ask....

Obviously, u are getting more t4cc's from 500 point jump in prestige..... how much more, then before?

Am i understanding correctly??...
    ppl have a 'utility' champ team (thor,SW,Vision,ect) for ACTUALLY PLAYING THE GAME?
    & a set of ranked up champs, solely for prestige benefits ??

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,239 ★★★★★
    In forum yes not so much in game

Why would people come to the Forum if they're not in the game? Lol.
    The point I'm trying to make is that it wasn't the be-all, end-all of the game. People are still playing. New people pick up the game all the time. It was not the end. Still going strong. I swear, we're going to hear about 12.0 Punisher 2099 is vintage. Lol.
    spumington wrote: »

???.... I'm in a 9 million alli & I have never ranked any champ based on prestige
    (Which i noticed early on, ALWAYS CHANGES, so what's the point?)

Mostly because effective champs are LOW on prestige & the horrible bums, that wouldnt win a street fight with a bum,
    they put at top of the prestige list.
    (So, I doubt, i will EVER care about prestige)

Upon re-reading these comments, i have to ask....

Obviously, u are getting more t4cc's from 500 point jump in prestige..... how much more, then before?

Am i understanding correctly??...
    ppl have a 'utility' champ team (thor,SW,Vision,ect) for ACTUALLY PLAYING THE GAME?
    & a set of ranked up champs, solely for prestige benefits ??

It's hard to quantify the increase because of the change in AQ rewards from season 3 to season 4. That's when my prestige jumped, and I joined a new alliance as well (my old one dissolved after 12.0). My new alliance has a higher alliance prestige than my old one. I wouldn't have been able to join them without my increased prestige. We're in the top 600 now so my AQ rank rewards increased from a t4b to 80% of a t4cc.

Not all high prestige champs are bums. Voodoo, Quake, Ghost Rider, Rogue, Gwenpool, Cable, and Archangel are in the top 15 (not including Thanos, who is #1). Some of those can be used as utility champs. I use Voodoo, Quake, and Rogue in AW. But I use Wolverine and Ultron in AQ, and they have terrible prestige. I ranked up Phoenix and Karnak for prestige, but I never use them. So...it's a little of both.
  • They care so much about prestige, so they can spend and grind more up even those at the end of the day they got nothing from game beside crystal randomness
  • Vdh2008Vdh2008 Posts: 966 ★★★★
    In forum yes not so much in game

Why would people come to the Forum if they're not in the game? Lol.
    The point I'm trying to make is that it wasn't the be-all, end-all of the game. People are still playing. New people pick up the game all the time. It was not the end. Still going strong. I swear, we're going to hear about 12.0 Punisher 2099 is vintage. Lol.

I believe this was a shaded way of saying you can't possibly play much of the game because you spend 24 hours a day on the forums... To which I laughed hard.

They care so much about prestige, so they can spend and grind more up even those at the end of the day they got nothing from game beside crystal randomness

Even with RNG, more t4cc allow you to rank up more champs. More ranked up champs gives you greater flexibility with AQ, AW offense, AW defense, and questing. Higher prestige champs also yield more arena points.
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    Competing against each other in the prestige race is fun. This game is a player vs player or alliance vs alliance game fro arenas and alliance events. Competition makes this game more fun. Who wouldn't want to compete?

I started off taking prestige champs to 5/50 to join a better alliance. Once I couldn't rank for prestige I went for utility and quest champs and then defense. 1 month ago I was in a top 450 alliance now I'm in a top 30. Prestige does matter a lot for getting resources in this game
  • LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    The main problem is prestige existing at all. It makes no sense, it's a completely arbitrary number assigned to champs at the will of the creators. We should be able to rank solely on utility or who we like, and difficulty ("prestige") should be set by the alliance at the start of AQ each week. If we think we can handle 5000, 6000, or 7000 prestige, then we try. If we fail, we lose to the allies that correctly chose a lower number and completed the maps.

But prestige sells champs, so it never goes away.
    So, ...??.... we have a situation where high end players, (the RICH) can afford to rank champs, just for prestige, ...ultimately so, they can get richer, .... but they dont want lower-end players, even remotely advancing & giving them competition, so they are against RDT's?

MEANWHILE, ppl like me, (the poor) who would be happy with & desperately want, just 5 decent champs to tackle content with, .... carry most of the heavy burden of lining kabam's pockets with units .. & STRUGGLE day to day, with AQ/AW & affording HEALTH....
    edited June 2017
    Alright, ..so is MCOC secretly owned & managed by Trump? (Because that would explain SO much....)
  • LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    Ahem, "units" don't line their pockets. Money does. If you're not spending money, you're not helping the company.

You can play the victim all you want, but we all choose who to rank and how much we play (and pay). I had to rank prestige champs back when prestige champs all sucked. I'm still ranking prestige champs (Phoenix, Gambit) because that's who I have and that's the level I want to play the game at, where high prestige is needed.

And I'm not against rank-down tickets personally. The Haves will stay higher because they grind and spend. This isn't a Communist game, you won't get equal amounts of everything even though you play/pay less.
    I never claimed to be a victim & dont blame anyone for the real cash, I chose to spend on this game.... Despite a lack of a manual to game & blindly following those that are blind themselves.

Admittedly, no one ever explained prestige thoroughly to me, much less AT ALL..... & now, I know... Thanks guys.

But, based on this thread & what I've just learned, I wouldnt expect MOST ppl to automatically know to rank high prestige, to earn T4CCs, THEN rank champs to beat game with .....still seems bass ackwards to me honestly.

SO, I made mistakes & wanna fix em....
    That where RDTs come in (simple fix)
    OR the tedius progressing through game to aquire & use more T4CCs (long fix)

& while pursuing the long fix, Its my option to seek a simple fix to my problem.
  • Stickman587Stickman587 Posts: 22
    Would love to see them back, but they should be a bit scarce.
    Well, nobody's saying they should be daily or even weekly.... but define 'scarce'

Once a month?
    Once every 3-4 months?
    (I'd like to see some AT LEAST, that frequently )