**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

People Misunderstand

NuHuman_2099NuHuman_2099 Posts: 543
edited February 2018 in General Discussion
Okay so we have all seen the posts and rants and videos of champions who fall into God, Great, Good or Meh categories.
A very large percentage of the playerbase will likely go Ballistic here once im done, so sit down have a read and please leave your ego at the beginning of the thread.

Everything you have seen is WRONG.
There are NO GOD TIER champions.
There are NO MEH/BAD champions.
YES, some champions get the job done better than others, and heres why;

Its not God, Great, Good, Meh/Bad.
Its a difficulty system.
You think im wrong or full of S***?
Have a think.
Heres some in the Easy category.
Hyperion, Star Lord, Blade, Scarlet Witch, Thor and Hulk. These champions are considered God by a lot of players. WRONG. They are simple and yes very effective, BUT, Dont think you have actual skill when using these champions as your using champions dumbed down to pure damage and health basis. EASY.
So what about Meh/Bad champions?
Ant-Man, Carnage, Collosus, Luke Cage, Sentry.
These champions all have a certain way to really make them stand out. (Sure Collosus might actually not be any good but hes here so deal with it)
These champions are very difficult to use and succeed frequently. This takes SKILL, and PRECISION. These champions are HARD champions.
Have a think ladies and gentlemen....
I hope I have opened a few eyes, especially Meta Grinders who have to watch youtube to be any good at this game.

Why have I done this?
Because for so long now I have been told that I can only use champions like Star Lord, Hyperion, Scarlett Witch for fights because they stomp all.
I have taken teams of the Hard champions or 'Meh/Bad' against the likes of Maestro or even through Act V. Carnage, Ant-Man, Thor (Jane Foster), Vulture and Spider-Gwen.
These people succeed. They are overlooked because no-one in this game plays specific champions because they like them or they're favorites from comics, most the players grind the Meta and this games meta puts Easy-to-use champions as Gods.
Enjoy people. Enjoy.
Post edited by Kabam Vydious on

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    You're saying people use the Top Tier Champs because they're the easy Champs, and they have little skill. Is that what you're saying?
  • AMFAMF Posts: 83
    edited February 2018
    I agree with you. It is quite a bit about skill. My top champs are Archangel, Star Lord, Doc Voodoo, Iceman, and Ultron. All duped. But I bet, based on what you've written, that you would clear more content with Carnage, Falcon, Joe Fixit, Colossus, and Loki than I would with my guys. That doesn't mean I still don't wanna use my best champs anyway.

Frankly, I am in awe of the skill some of these players on Youtube demonstrate. And a bit jealous, too.
  • CrusherCrusher Posts: 305
    I don't see any special skills for using a colossus, Kamala Khan or any other meh champions.. they r difficult champs to use for sure... I agreed .. because they takes ages to defeat a high health or resistance champs .. so I believe that they r really hard to play .. using of these champs make tidy and frustrated...lol
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    Okay so we have all seen the posts and rants and videos of champions who fall into God, Great, Good or Meh categories.
    A very large percentage of the playerbase will likely go Ballistic here once im done, so sit down have a read and please leave your ego at the beginning of the thread.

Its a difficulty system.
    Have a think.
    Hyperion, Star Lord, Blade, Scarlet Witch, Thor and Hulk. These champions are considered God by a lot of players. WRONG. They are simple and yes very effective, BUT, Dont think you have actual skill when using these champions as your using champions dumbed down to pure damage and health basis. EASY.
    These champions all have a certain way to really make them stand out. (Sure Collosus might actually not be any good but hes here so deal with it)
    These champions are very difficult to use and succeed frequently. This takes SKILL, and PRECISION. These champions are HARD champions.
    I hope I have opened a few eyes, especially Meta Grinders who have to watch youtube to be any good at this game.

Why have I done this?
    Because for so long now I have been told that I can only use champions like Star Lord, Hyperion, Scarlett Witch for fights because they stomp all.
    I have taken teams of the Hard champions or 'Meh/Bad' against the likes of Maestro or even through Act V. Carnage, Ant-Man, Thor (Jane Foster), Vulture and Spider-Gwen.
    These people succeed. They are overlooked because no-one in this game plays specific champions because they like them or they're favorites from comics, most the players grind the Meta and this games meta puts Easy-to-use champions as Gods.
    Enjoy people. Enjoy.

Would you throw in star rating and rank to your point as well? I learned a lot from completing RTTL Act 4 and Story Quest Act 4 with 3*s (some, not all), master event quests with 4* 3/30s, and Act 5.1 exploration with 4* 4/40s. I agree with your comment, though playing more difficult content with lower star and lower ranked champs was my best teacher with learning how to play with skill.
  • KpatrixKpatrix Posts: 1,055 ★★★
    I get what you're saying and agree with your reasoning to a degree, but not completely. Some champs are just better to use as they are more effective and efficient. You don't want to make already hard content any harder, or make fights any longer.

A couple of the best players I know had horrible luck coming up with their pulls, but they didn't let that stop them from doing content. It actually helped them develop skills so that when they finally pulled one of the good ones, they were pretty much unstoppable then.

That doesn't mean there aren't tiers of champs though, it just means that you can develop better skills by using lower tier champs more frequently to hone your skills.
  • AlCapone2727AlCapone2727 Posts: 428 ★★
    I'll use the "gods" because frankly f$&% things like limbo, thorns, mephisto, electro, etc. Good luck if you think you can 100% LoL with **** champs without spending a fortune or spending an assload of hours grinding then proceeding to hit rulk 2000 times with a 5/65 colossus. You know how I deal with colossus? I put him in the back of my mind and just bring him out for arena. I 100% Act 4 with duped IP, duped colossus, max dupe HB, duped venom, and unduped cap because they were all the 4*s i had then got rulk for beating it and have never used them since because they sucked at their job even though they could do it. Know who I used for slashed tires juggs? My wallet because no one but cap could handle it and even then...know who I used for maestro when his Arc Overload used to be OP without a high damage or heal block? 3* dupe level 8 SW, because none of my champs you claim to be able were able. I only have 2 4/45s because I refuse to make the mistake of ranking BAD champions up again. Rant over
  • KnightarthusKnightarthus Posts: 419 ★★★
    So you are saying that someone who pulled 6* trash Gamora should be just as happy as someone who pulled Angela? Let’s see...

Gamora has nothing going for her. Her “guaranteed crits specials” hit for less than most. Specials bleed is exactly the same with special 1&2 so you are forced to use special one to try and increase the damage. If you dupe her her specials may hit hard once per fight which is useless in end game content.

Angela has fury, regeneration, armour up, one of the hardest hitting special 3s, heavy attack increased damage ... etc.

The same player would benefit much more from Angela than Gamora. I useful that example because I got 6* Gamora and 5* Angela. I ranked Angela to 5*. I have the same skill as myself obviously, Gamora doesn’t take skill to master anyway. Gamora is garbage, Angela is great.
  • NDK13NDK13 Posts: 620 ★★

Its a difficulty system.
    Have a think.

Why have I done this?
    Enjoy people. Enjoy.

hahaha.....I dare u to take carnage she hulk and colossus in map 6. 1 poison immune 1 bleed immune champ as well. Since you say people who use god tier champs have little skill why don't u use these 3 champs in map 6 and complete 3 routes all the days without using items.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    The Champ doesn't make the Player. Regardless of how "easy" you think the Champs are, they're not as useful in the hands of people who have less experience. I don't think it's a fair statement to say that these Champs are used to take the easy street. People have to have skill to use them. Consequently, a truly skilled Player can make use of any Champ. Now, some enjoy challenging themselves further, but that doesn't mean everyone else has less skill. Patience and time, perhaps. Lol
  • Hello from the other side
  • Mmx1991Mmx1991 Posts: 674 ★★★★
    Try beating Labyrinth with an Antman or Hawkeye.
  • PhonieStarkPhonieStark Posts: 202
    When the nail gun fails, I go get another nail gun. Or my house gets ruined.
    All I'm saying, for example, I waited until I had more suitable champs to do act 4 than rushing in and spending A ton of money to finish it quickly. When I finished 100% I actually spent $0. I don't think that makes me someone who only believes that certain champs can do the job.
    As for the YouTubers, they are building neighborhoods and apartment complexes with their accounts. I'm just trying to fix my roof.