**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Iceman's Armor bug

Deacon03Deacon03 Posts: 235 ★★★
in AW Iceman's ice armor is up, champion gets to SP3 and uses it. Ice armor is suppose to regulate it to 5%, come out of animation with a **** tone of damage taken. Anyone else having that happen?

Comments

• DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,861 ★★★★★
    what opponent is it against?
  • Deacon03Deacon03 Posts: 235 ★★★
    mordo
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    That just happened to me against stark spidey, ice amour active, I was at 95% health and it took me down to 10% health.
  • LurkerLurker Posts: 196
    I've seen this several times in uncollected quests, but assumed there was an ability reduction at play that I wasn't aware of (or an undisclosed AA reduction like CR).
  • UltimatheoryUltimatheory Posts: 520 ★★★
    We're you stunned (possibly by Astral evade or parry)? The Pacify mastery will reduce ability accuracy which could cause Ice Armor to not trigger.
    We're you stunned (possibly by Astral evade or parry)? The Pacify mastery will reduce ability accuracy which could cause Ice Armor to not trigger.

i was not stunned ice armor icon was up and then sp3 animation started
    How much health did you have? Was it enough to be in range for Assassin to kick in? It's hard to tell what's going on without video or photo evidence.
    i was at about 93% health, yeah i am going to start recording the next time i use iceman in AW
  • DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    Game is broken so many ways right now. I've seen the same thing happen with iceman.
    Yeah that's weird. Ice Armor has been working fine for me which may mean it's a bugged interaction with that specific node in AW. Bugged node interactions are known to happen unfortunately. It may be worth throwing the node number out there so the QA team can test it just in case (if they read this).
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    I recorded another fight against spark and the same thing happened again. Sparks sp3 places a 30% ability accuracy on the opponent, but that’s placed by the special3 which counts as one hit, so how does it ignore iceman’s armour?
    The armor is only going to limit the first hit to 5%. After that, it goes on cool down. The entire sp3 isn't limited to the 5%.
  • AKTEKAKTEK Posts: 308 ★★
    There is also a bug as it takes incenerate damage from red hulk then what is meaning of incenerate immune?
    @Sighsohard @Zeke_the_Xbot Quoted from my 5/50 Iceman-
    If Iceman would lose more than 5% of his Max Health from a SINGLE SOURCE, his Ice Armor protects him from THE BLOW, reducing the health loss to 5%, then it shatters.

I'm not sure where you two are confused. Single source= 1 hit that can do 5% damage. In this case- specials. I used iceman a lot in 5.4. I saw what the armor did.
  • Zeke_the_XbotZeke_the_Xbot Posts: 320 ★★
    Demonzfyre wrote: »
    If Iceman would lose more than 5% of his Max Health from a SINGLE SOURCE, his Ice Armor protects him from THE BLOW, reducing the health loss to 5%, then it shatters.

I'm not sure where you two are confused. Single source= 1 hit that can do 5% damage. In this case- specials. I used iceman a lot in 5.4. I saw what the armor did.

Than how do I take only 5% damage with Ice Armor active when hit by an S3
    Demonzfyre wrote: »

Than how do I take only 5% damage with Ice Armor active when hit by an S3

Against which opponent?
  • JCPer14JCPer14 Posts: 79
    Noob question, Does Ice Armor ever expire for no reason? I have witnessed it on multiple occasions, in different game modes (i.e. AQ, AW, Monthly Quest, Act 5, mostly arena), against many different champions. I have a 4* 5/50 Iceman sig 63 and have been playing for 3+ years. I am familiar with the game and the bugs.

Situation is: I'm at high health (60%-95%) Ice Armor is active. I am not receiving hits. I have pushed the opponent to their SP3. I'm in the left side of the screen blocking (with Ice Armor active). Opponent is on the right side of the screen blocking. And....... my Ice Armor just randomly disappears and cool down timer starts. Of course it is then that they fire off their special.

My question is why would this happen?
  • Demonzfyre wrote: »

Do you even Iceman? Dood... with every response you're just making it worse for yourself. Just stop. "Quoted from my 5/50 Iceman"... More like quoted from the champion description on the internet. Sure you're using him in 5.4. Of course, someone who uses Iceman a lot would pick 5.4 as an example and not AQ or AW... For the future reference just note that Iceman takes SP3 like a champ he is only losing 5% regardless if SP3 does 1 hit or 100 hits. In the case of this thread when he does take more damage it is a bug.
  • k666kk666k Posts: 47
    Same here, ice armour didnt limit sp3 damage to 5%, hulkbuster sp3 took 100% of health
  • Zeke_the_XbotZeke_the_Xbot Posts: 320 ★★
    k666k wrote: »
    Same here, ice armour didnt limit sp3 damage to 5%, hulkbuster sp3 took 100% of health

Node?
    Mode?
    Tag Zibiit
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,280 ★★★★★
    I see this happen every so often when hit by a s3. What I see the most tho is when facing black panther cw and iceman's ice armor is on and he takes 50%+ of iceman's health with a single hit.

Could be the same bug others are experiencing; but alternately is he inflicting Direct damage that bypasses Ice Armour? If you've pounded on him whilst his Reflective Armour was up?

That's a legitimate way around Ice Armour; like a Power Burn, or Loki's SP2 'subtracting' 7% health.