**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

M.O.D.O.K.'s Block Proficiency

AxeCopFireAxeCopFire Posts: 1,115 ★★★
Are Modok's stats right? 700 something block proficiency and 0 armor? How could those numbers be correct when his signature ability is exclusively about blocking? Even if you add every single block proficiency bonus available to him (flux, force field, every class defeated) his block proficiency would only be in the 2000-2100 range... and despite his spotlight thread claiming that he can reach "naturally high Block Proficiency" this is the LOWEST block proficiency in the game. On top of that having zero armor means he takes even more damage when he blocks. On average his terrible block proficiency prevents around 50% damage while most other champions take only 25-30% damage when blocking.

Because of all this, when using him for anything but war defense, his signature ability has absolutely no value because he can't block more than a few hits in a fight and survive. Please confirm that someone didn't forget to add a 1 in front of his 700 something block proficiency or accidentally left the box that says "enter armor value here" blank. Thanks.

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    I think you just answered your own question. The Sig is oriented around Block. Having a low BP balances him out. Otherwise he'd be next to impenetrable.
  • AxeCopFireAxeCopFire Posts: 1,115 ★★★
    edited January 2018
    I think you just answered your own question. The Sig is oriented around Block. Having a low BP balances him out. Otherwise he'd be next to impenetrable.

Yes, the sig is oriented around block. Except he can't. Do you see what I am saying? He is unable to use his sig because you have to dodge all attacks every fight in order to have enough health left to do a second fightl. And if you think he will survive for 6 fights in order to collect all his sig bonuses, well... He won't.

Having fought and played him many times, he is definitely nowhere near impenetrable.
    AxeCopFire wrote: »

Yes, the sig is oriented around block. Except he can't. Do you see what I am saying? He is unable to use his sig because you have to dodge all attacks every fight in order to have enough health left to do a second fightl. And if you think he will survive for 6 fights in order to collect all his sig bonuses, well... He won't.

Having fought and played him many times, he is definitely nowhere near impenetrable.

What I'm saying is you have to balance a Champ's stats based on what their Abilities are. Add too much BP and combine that with his Abilities and you'll see what I mean.
    And what I am saying is that given the nature of his signature ability it seems like there is typo or math error somewhere when they created him, especially given the designer's claim that he can reach "naturally high Block Proficiency" when that is incorrect.
    Perhaps when his Sig is active is what they were referring to.
    Yes, and as I stated in my original post, even with every bonus, maximum flux (+700-800), force field active (+150-200) and including all 6 bonuses from defeating every class his signature ability at level 99 (+768) his block proficiency would still be among lowest in the game. Having zero armor just makes it worse.
  • CFreeCFree Posts: 491 ★★

That doesn’t answer his question, and he needs an informed response.

CFree wrote: »

That doesn’t answer his question, and he needs an informed response.

Yes, exactly.
    Anything you can tell us on this, devs? The answer doesn't have to be "oops his block profciency should be 1777"... Even a "Yes, his block proficiency is supposed to be super low" or a "it used to be normal but we nerfed him at the last moment before release" type answer would be better than the mystery of his incredibly strange stats.
    Can't we get at at least some kind of official comment on this?
  • DeathBringer77DeathBringer77 Posts: 159
    edited February 2018
    And what I am saying is that given the nature of his signature ability it seems like there is typo or math error somewhere when they created him, especially given the designer's claim that he can reach "naturally high Block Proficiency" when that is incorrect.

Looks like your not saying anything and very uninformed of how the champ works.
  • AxeCopFire wrote: »

Stupid questions don’t get responses
  • BahamutBahamut Posts: 2,307 ★★★★
    edited February 2018
    Once the bug where his Auto-blocks Parrying has been fixed, we can talk about increasing his block proficiency
  • BahamutBahamut Posts: 2,307 ★★★★
    edited February 2018

Stupid questions don’t get responses

You don’t have to be rude about it