**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Synergies on AW Defense [Under Investigation]

Comments

• GaanjGaanj Posts: 33
    Glad someone mentioned this to me, thanks for keeping us posted. Changes strategy in defense placement.
  • McWolfMcWolf Posts: 18
    Kabam Lyra wrote: »
    Hi all!

We are still working toward a resolution for this issue. As any more information becomes available, we will share it. Please be patient.

Thx Lyra, is it possible to get at least a list of Synergies currently not working, so we can set the AW Defense based on that information till it is fixed?
  • Hulk_77Hulk_77 Posts: 782 ★★★
    McWolf wrote: »
    Hi all!

We are still working toward a resolution for this issue. As any more information becomes available, we will share it. Please be patient.

Thx Lyra, is it possible to get at least a list of Synergies currently not working, so we can set the AW Defense based on that information till it is fixed?

You don't need a list, it's all of them
    Hulk_77 wrote: »
    McWolf wrote: »
    Hi all!

You don't need a list, it's all of them

Do we as the players have evidence or can that be confirmed 100%?

Also it would be nice for Kabam to acknowledge what is and isn't working, instead of the players wondering if someone features work or not. I had no idea about this until another player outside of these forums said they didn't work, and I wasn't too quick to believe them.

I think it would be fair for Kabam to acknowledge and make ALL players aware if they do or don't work as this does impact the way we play, place, and strategize for AW. I guarantee there are still tons who have no idea there could be a potential issue with synergies for defense placement, and everyone deserves to know. Send a message out, then even if it takes months to correct, at least we can say they told us and play the game accordingly until fixed or looked into.
  • @Gaanj i agree. Them not mentioning this to anyone in anyway is BS. @Kabam Miike this is only going to become a much bigger problem if y'all keep this from everyone knowing. That is impossible to do. Eventually everyone will know & it'll be a much bigger problem that could of been simply avoided by just telling people. A lot of people think these synergies work. If yall don't tell people they don't & then fix them to where they do work. War is going to become difficult for a a lot of people all of the sudden & their going to want to know why. I'm curious to what your response to them is going to be. Lol!
  • Bumping this, we haven't even gotten an official word from Kabam whether defense synergies are working or not. This is a very difficult thing for players to test, and for the basic stat synergies it's impossible for players to test it ourselves. This needs a response from Kabam thats better than "we're looking into it"
    Right. I'm checking back today to see if anything has been said about a bug in a major factor of the game opposed to the game reaching out to the players and letting them know. I'm honestly not sure if they work or not, but would love for some statement saying they are or aren't working. So far I believe I've just heard that they are looking into it, but not that they have indeed noticed an error or if what they've looked into so far has been error free. Sitting here wondering.

Mentioned this to a lot of players, all sound concerned. Going to forward this discussion to ALL to hopefully create more discussion, awareness, and a sense of urgency in letting us know something soon.

Thanks and hope for a prompt response! -J
  • DalBotDalBot Posts: 1,616 ★★★★★
    I can confirm that recently we fought an alliance and one guy had both Medusa and Black Bolt on their defense. Medusa with that synergy should have the 6 fury buffs for her living strands but it capped out at 3. That confirms that her synergy did not apply.
  • PeacockJazzPeacockJazz Posts: 120
    6em3m0ezq8jw.png

Just thought I would update everyone since Kabam can't do it on this thread. http://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/53486/version-17-1-discussion-thread/p1
  • TigerWhiskersTigerWhiskers Posts: 81
    Any update?
  • Al2QAl2Q Posts: 66
    Waiting Waiting...
  • MEKA5MEKA5 Posts: 344 ★★
    PLS FIX THIS ASAP!
  • CloudOfContemptCloudOfContempt Posts: 97 ★★
    Coming up on two months since the beginning of this thread and we haven't heard anything in a while... can we get some info?
  • Ash_iz_HamAsh_iz_Ham Posts: 34
    I would say that it’s safe to assume all synergies unless otherwise stated by Kabam
  • PincheChingonPincheChingon Posts: 99
    Maybe after the season is over. They will fix awd synergies
  • I honestly just read this thread to laugh at how long it has been with no communication or update on this. I don't expect any feedback from Kabam, so I am never disappointed. I understand that their might not be any "new" information to share with us, but at least a mod could check in every month or so to let us know we are not forgotten or pushed aside.
  • It’s been a loooooooong time since we heard anything on this. A status update would not go amiss.
  • Darkstar4387Darkstar4387 Posts: 2,145 ★★★
    Hmm still nothing huh, no updates, no eta, no urgency.

Sigh you would think that this would have been something for them to fix quickly considering that it plays a role in selecting our defenders.

It doesn't make sense for them to just ignore it and not fix it quickly, or even address it but at this point I'd expect nothing less from them unfortunately.
  • Nili1405Nili1405 Posts: 37
    Update? We waiting since january....
  • mbracembrace Posts: 821 ★★★
    At least we can infer from the feedback that yes, all synergies should work in AWD. If they aren't working, it's a bug and may someday be fixed.