**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Is 5* Hawkeye worth R4?

DingaloDingalo Posts: 355
edited February 2018 in Strategy and Tips
Is Hawkeye unawakened (I know he doesn't need it) worth R4 as a 5*?

The question should be: Should I R4 him or should I be patient and wait for a better Skill champ to come around like Gwenpool or Blade? I do find Hawkeye super useful however. Ugh, decisions... help!

Is 5* Hawkeye worth R4? 177 votes

He is definitely worth it. Very useful champ.
44%
GroundedWisdomPantherusNZLeNoirFaineantrazielJaffacakedHaji_SaabstakxNigJing_Yik2017Spity68CapWW2Fireballs5SaiyanRapdangerbluDropfaithAsukiraThe_GrandmasterSpideyHeroBoltsy 79 votes
Nah, he isn't worth it.
12%
RagamugginGunnerbuffajrQueqqueeMrLalowSuperman69Mohit_7IronBlaze09M1k0rintheshiznit05IceBobbyBrokenAssumedNameScopeotoe987ChampioncriticMegaGalacticWoozieClatonius-sixate-NimorHCMmcoc 22 votes
He is worthy... but better to wait.
42%
Whododo872SnakeEyes69BigMoX_Scottvg2782AxeCopFireJank39Adamdrt2006trey92008BuckeyeKPadqqedfyvrSpeedbumpJwallace25Emil_LimsonVladislas22deadcrimeUC439beyonder8421TROUBL3DEcBatLFC 76 votes

Comments

• DingaloDingalo Posts: 355
    Solrac_2 wrote: »
    I have a rank 4 HE. Absolutely atrocious prestige but one of the best champs in the game! Not god-tier by any stretch of the imagination but absolutely amazing. Just spam L1 and max Deep Wounds. He kills it in AW.

Yeah, I'm someone who couldn't care less about prestige honestly. Just want to have fun and rank up who is worth it in terms of usefulness as a champ! OH and I do have Deep Wounds maxed :p
  • Lunchbox45Lunchbox45 Posts: 250 ★★
    HE helped me more than i can count w/ 100% act 5
  • He is definitely worth it. Very useful champ.
    If you've got expiring t2a, then no need to save for Blade or GP. You could r4 them later on too. HE won't hurt you. And he's a huge help in AW and Act 5. He's what I used to beat the Collector too.
  • MattScottMattScott Posts: 587 ★★
    I think he’s very useful as well. A LONG time ago, when people were first r5’ing 4 stars. He was my first. And a lot of people gave me grief but he is extremely useful.
  • SnaggleSnaggle Posts: 226 ★★
    Dingalo wrote: »
    Yeah, many people are telling me to be patient for Blade since I have a 5* R4 Ghost Rider already... The thing is, in 11 days I will have a Tier 2 Alpha Catalyst expiring. So I'm kind of getting desperate to bring someone up and I'm feeling Hawkeye is my best bet... would make total sense right? I feel you can't go wrong with Hawkeye and his usefulness.

Rank up HE. Blade is overrated
  • LittleYinYinLittleYinYin Posts: 69
    Help a lot in AQ act 5
    Thanks for the tips guys! I really appreciate it :)
  • He is worthy... but better to wait.
    i would wait if you can get a better champ but i do think he is r4 worthy
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    Nah, he isn't worth it.
    def don't r4 HE. He can do everything you need at r3.
  • Lt_Magnum_1Lt_Magnum_1 Posts: 639 ★★
    He is a great champ but his prestige is awful.
    My friend has one and he left him at R2
    So you should just wait
  • shchong2shchong2 Posts: 2,419 ★★★★
    He is certainly R4 worthy, but if you currently have better choices, spend the resource for those better choices. You can come back to R4 him later, he won't run away :)
    shchong2 wrote: »
    He is certainly R4 worthy, but if you currently have better choices, spend the resource for those better choices. You can come back to R4 him later, he won't run away :)

Right now, he's the best I got. Other option would be Winter Soldier dupe...
    The situation is more that I have a Tier 2 Alpha expiring in 11 days :( so I kinda have to make a decision... unless I do wait, but lose 1 T2A...
  • shchong2shchong2 Posts: 2,419 ★★★★
    edited February 2018

The situation is more that I have a Tier 2 Alpha expiring in 11 days :( so I kinda have to make a decision... unless I do wait, but lose 1 T2A...

@Dingalo, although I seldom use Winter Soldier (WS) myself, nor I have him as 5* dupped, however, one of my ex-alliance-mate, which is currently now with one 6* and plenty of 5*s and at 550k hero rating and is a good player, said he R4 his dupped 5* WS, bcos based on his usage, the WS's power drain does kick in regularly enough to be really useful. Just to share with you, since I did ask him similar question - why R4 your 5* WS?

On the other hand, I also watched Seatin and few folks showing how HE can be really useful esp with his SP1 (although I still prefer Vision AoU's SP2 and Magik with MD for power control) in various Uncollected quest fights. HE is definitely somrthing. :)

In my case, I do have a few decent 5* champs in other class, but no such luck for Skills. Both my 5* skill champs are Falcon and Daredevil Netflix. I on'y R1 them max, and that's all they will get, just for arena and nothing more. I'll save my skills T4cc for someone better. However, if I'm in your shoes with 5* HE and 5* WS, I will at least R3 both of them, and wait for the rest. Since I don't get resources like T2a that fast, I have to save the T2a for someone else.

Hope you will come to your decision (can you afford to wait). I do hope tomorrow your crystal drop you a 5* GP, or a 5* Blade to make your decision much simplier! Good luck and cheers!! :)

@Dingalo, although I seldom use Winter Soldier (WS) myself, nor I have him as 5* dupped, however, one of my ex-alliance-mate, which is currently now with one 6* and plenty of 5*s and at 550k hero rating and is a good player, said he R4 his dupped 5* WS, bcos based on his usage, the WS's power drain does kick in regularly enough to be really useful. Just to share with you, since I did ask him similar question - why R4 your 5* WS?

On the other hand, I also watched Seatin and few folks showing how HE can be really useful esp with his SP1 (although I still prefer Vision AoU's SP2 and Magik with MD for power control) in various Uncollected quest fights. HE is definitely somrthing. :)

In my case, I do have a few decent 5* champs in other class, but no such luck for Skills. Both my 5* skill champs are Falcon and Daredevil Netflix. I on'y R1 them max, and that's all they will get, just for arena and nothing more. I'll save my skills T4cc for someone better. However, if I'm in your shoes with 5* HE and 5* WS, I will at least R3 both of them, and wait for the rest. Since I don't get resources like T2a that fast, I have to save the T2a for someone else.

Hope you will come to your decision (can you afford to wait). I do hope tomorrow your crystal drop you a 5* GP, or a 5* Blade to make your decision much simplier! Good luck and cheers!! :)

Thanks man! I appreciate it @shchong2 :)
    I also feel as though i truly lack power control, and although WS is fairly consistent with his power control mechanics, i do feel Hawkeye is more consistent with his (although i agree, Vision or Magik are better lol). The problem is... i have Hawkeye already at R3 and my WS is at R2. In order to bring my WS to R3, i would need to use some T4CC skill catalysts. In doing so, i would delay the process of R4ing a champ resulting in an expired T2A - in 11 days (which is something i would greatly want to avoid). That being said, if I don’t manage to get enough T4CC skill fragments to form my 4th T4CC skill catalyst (ideally for Hawkeye) before my T2A expires, i would probably hold from R4ing anyone haha and wait for a better champ at that point!

After much thinking, I R4'd Hawkeye. Totally worth it... :) AW, Story mode, Rttl.
    Thanks for the tips and suggestions again guys!
  • Solrac_2Solrac_2 Posts: 497 ★★
    Congrats, totally worth it!
  • MRMOJO77MRMOJO77 Posts: 215
    Dont think i would waste the resourses... There r better champs than him that do an amazing job of power control and bleed..
  • SnaggleSnaggle Posts: 226 ★★
    MRMOJO77 wrote: »
    Dont think i would waste the resourses... There r better champs than him that do an amazing job of power control and bleed..

Such as?
    edited March 2018
    MRMOJO77 wrote: »

Imo he has one of the most useful L1's in the game. To be honest, there's not much more consistent than that in terms or power-control... right up there with Magik and vision respectively.
    Lethal imo if champ can bleed.
    + I was actually in need of desperate power control to clear Rttl.
    + I realized I had a t2a expiring in 3 days... soo yeah i don't see why i would have "saved resources" all in all tbh. And honestly, even if I didn't have one expiring, I probably would have R4'd him anyway.

Edit: Oh and to say I "wasted" resources on a Hawkeye... you must really not know him that well.
    Solrac_2 wrote: »
    Congrats, totally worth it!

Thanks buddy :)
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    Grats on R4ing Hawkeye. He's very very underrated.
    xNig wrote: »
    Grats on R4ing Hawkeye. He's very very underrated.

Thank you @xNig I appreciate it!
  • JcbJcb Posts: 14
    I am think to take my Hawkeye 5* to rank 5 duped 4 times is it worth it.
  • DOKTOROKTOPUSDOKTOROKTOPUS Posts: 1,501 ★★★
    my all-time favorite avenger, i have him at r3 for the moment, but this guy is so good, and i'm using him for exploring act 5
  • PantherusNZPantherusNZ Posts: 1,355 ★★★★
    I was lucky enough to pull HE as my first 6* champ so didn't have to make the R4 call while still getting him at that level and he is so freaking helpful. A very reliable power drain as well as nice bleed damage.