**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

M.O.D.O.K.’S Lab Grand Re-Opening!

Comments

• Yeah.....hard pass.
  • IanMoone89 wrote: »
    If you dont have ideas for a side missions dont release an old instead lets us have a damn breathing room!!!! This game is already a freaking chore
    Seriously people. If you don’t want to play the game... don’t bother!!!! Nobody is forcing you to spend your own time on video games. You make that decision for yourself... and if you don’t like this event... what a surprise!!!! Don’t play it!!!!!

• the rewards are not good, it helps those who are starting, but for those who already have a playing time they are bad.
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    No one forces you to play content. Whether it’s new content or reused it would be a chore either way if you already know doing these “side missions” is a chore @IanMoone89
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,541 ★★★★★
    Acanthus wrote: »
    Sees 50% sig stone again

killme.jpg

I’m guessing your “50% chance” for Trials was like mine.

Dr. Zola

• I just wanna know are we gonna see the dimensional rifts again? Or at least a shot at a 5* awakening on occasion
  • AcanthusAcanthus Posts: 447 ★★★
    DrZola wrote: »
    Acanthus wrote: »
    Sees 50% sig stone again

killme.jpg

I’m guessing your “50% chance” for Trials was like mine.

Dr. Zola

I think I lost like 200 prestige to some people just by sig stone RNG since the first Modok lab
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Karlos7 wrote: »
    the rewards are not good, it helps those who are starting, but for those who already have a playing time they are bad.

God yeah, I mean anyone in the game who has passed their first month in the game Just has no need for a whole 5* crystal. I repeat, a whole 5* crystal.
  • RCunhaRCunha Posts: 375 ★★
    Kabam is "giving" us another way to gather more cristals and catalist shards, and all you do is complain, i rather do this event than do arena and the daily catalist quest.
  • BahamutBahamut Posts: 2,307 ★★★★
    edited February 2018
    Are people really complaining about the rewards?

Over a 28 period, if you do Heroic and Mastery difficulty twice every day, you get a total of 5.6 t2a, 21 t4b, 4,000 4* shards, and 14,000 5* shards. For a few 0 energy fights per day. If those rewards were on a monthly calendar instead, people would be praising Kabam for their generosity.

The entitlement is real.

Edit: Don't get me wrong, I would prefer if it was the same rewards balanced out to only have to do it once per day. But I'm not so jaded to think I'm somehow getting screwed for getting all these free rewards just because i have to put in a small amount of work.

Fair point, but since the difficulty of the boss battles has been increased, a lot of people who were able too do the last one won’t be able to do this one, or they will but it will cost a lot of Units for something that was easier to get just a few months ago
  • Thawnim wrote: »
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    Ill go with it this time but please don't get used to releasing this modok labs thing no one missed it when it went, your other ideas such as the scrapyard and rifts were much more popular.

Actually, I thought the MODOK event was pretty fun; I liked the randomizer element and my only real gripe was with the 8 hour timer. In fact, I think a once-per-day MODOK with somewhat higher rewards per run would be even better, because it would be less of a chore and more of a interesting diversion. The once per day property of Trials of the King is an important factor in making the TotK rewards seem to be more of a bonus and less of a chore to me.

I'd imagine you would prefer them to double the rewards and reduce the ability to run this quest to once per day.

I assume almost everyone would prefer that, but I would settle for less than that. In fact if it meant we were going to be having events like this every month or at least far more frequently than in the past (as it currently seems) even 30% more rewards but reduced to one run per day I'd be fine with.

I'm sure a lot of players would prefer more shots at more rewards: I'm saying what I'd be fine with.
  • beyonder8421beyonder8421 Posts: 881 ★★★
    People expect too much for a freebie.
    Having said that, I do not like this game mechanic and wasn't expecting it to come back (some of the combinations were horrible).

I think they should do a mix of things people tend to like and just reward glory or loyalty, so everyone can spend on whatever they want.
    Or a specific store for this month (like Valor), that includes all of these rewards. In that way you can just save for what you really want.

In any case, I am ok with the rewards, I just do not enjoy the quests themselves. But will play them anyway because I clearly have an addiction problem XD
  • Bahamut wrote: »
    Are people really complaining about the rewards?

Over a 28 period, if you do Heroic and Mastery difficulty twice every day, you get a total of 5.6 t2a, 21 t4b, 4,000 4* shards, and 14,000 5* shards. For a few 0 energy fights per day. If those rewards were on a monthly calendar instead, people would be praising Kabam for their generosity.

The entitlement is real.

Edit: Don't get me wrong, I would prefer if it was the same rewards balanced out to only have to do it once per day. But I'm not so jaded to think I'm somehow getting screwed for getting all these free rewards just because i have to put in a small amount of work.

Fair point, but since the difficulty of the boss battles has been increased, a lot of people who were able too do the last one won’t be able to do this one, or they will but it will cost a lot of Units for something that was easier to get just a few months ago

To some extent that is true, but if we are going to account for this we should also account for the fact that players tend to get more skilled and have stronger rosters over time, so while there are people who could do a certain level of difficulty the first time and will now find that exact same difficulty harder, there are other players who will find the same level of difficulty easier than it was the last time because they have gotten stronger faster than the content has gotten harder. For those people, the same rewards are taking less effort, which means Kabam is giving out the same rewards at a lower relative difficulty or at the cost of less resource expense from those players.
  • nIHSEANnIHSEAN Posts: 67
    Why increase in difficulty?
    Those fights were hard enough for majority of the players.
  • Mr_OtterMr_Otter Posts: 1,614 ★★★
    So I ran the numbers for the maximum amount of shards one can earn in this

shards*28(days)*2(twice a day)

SHARDS
    11,200 5*
    4,200 4*
    11,200 3*
    16,800 PHC

CRYSTALS
    1.12 5*
    2.1 4*
    5.6 3*
    8.4 PHC

Also a reminder that this isn’t exactly a “freebie” for newer players as hard alone has minibosses at 4/40 4*s and the true boss at 3/45 5*

Expert (or the 5* shards) are gonna be a gauntlet with 4/55 5*s (max signature) minis and the true boss at 3/35 6*

All are gonna have up to 6 buffs including some hefty ISO boost to Caltrops or Unblockable Finale, immunity, stun immune, and probably slashed tired and thorns with any and every champion a possible obstacle like Dormammu, Magik, Iceman, Mordo, Hyperion, AntMan, Mephisto, CW-Panther Morningstar, Scarlet Witch, Electro, Ragnorok, and I believe even Thanos and Maestro too. With any number of buffs they’ll go from hard to insane. And with each 12 hour reward cycle you only get 1 chance or you essentially “lose” those rewards. I’m pretty sure there will be seasoned players that will get just an UGLY string of fights and probably lose a few 5* shards here and there too.

“Do or do not, there is no try.” -Yoda
  • KpatrixKpatrix Posts: 1,055 ★★★
    These quests were fun, who is to say that next month we won't see something different, and the month after something else. This isn't permanent, it seems like they have a few different monthly special quests like this they can randomly rotate now.

We all know something big will hit with Infinity War, no need to complain, they are keeping us engaged and I'm happy to see them return as well as the rewards.
  • Bryon_502Bryon_502 Posts: 133
    I think this even is good. I would like to see more events like the 2* only 5* shard arena. Or a 3* only war. I have all these lower teir characters that are pretty much useless. I don't grind in the areas for 3* champs so....

...What to do with all my 1,2,3,and now 4* champs?????
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Mr_Otter wrote: »

Gotta say I love Yoda and all and that's a famous line, but it's just wrong. There is try.
  • It's still 200 5 star shard you said updated!?

Our bad! That was bad math on our part. Sorry!

so is the 200 value right, or should it be higher?

The 200 value is correct.

why not 300? Some of us cannot do Master. Remember the little people!!!
    edited February 2018
    nIHSEAN wrote: »
    you could be told you have a chance at Mordok crystals, see people get tons of them only to get 0 on 26 days ;).

What is a Mordok?
  • BahamutBahamut Posts: 2,307 ★★★★
    edited February 2018
    nIHSEAN wrote: »
    you could be told you have a chance at Mordok crystals, see people get tons of them only to get 0 on 26 days ;).

What is a Mordok?

M.O.D.O.K. at Mordor1fpjniw4k5x0.jpeg
  • So increase the difficulty ...

But no increase in rewards. Another bad math @Kabam Miike
  • Mr_OtterMr_Otter Posts: 1,614 ★★★
    Mr_Otter wrote: »

Gotta say I love Yoda and all and that's a famous line, but it's just wrong. There is try.

Yeah you can try all you want I guess. All I meant was “almost” is a “no” in this challenge. Nothing left in stash, no units, out of crystals, and nothing left you’re willing to spend, means those shards are gone.
  • Supercaptain18Supercaptain18 Posts: 166
    This is not the event quest we are looking for
  • Only changes they made was adding a 6* boss and prepare to face the worst champions who are a pain in the ass when comes to being defensive and a 6*
    IanMoone89 wrote: »
    Only changes they made was adding a 6* boss and prepare to face the worst champions who are a pain in the ass when comes to being defensive and a 6*

As far as I remember, the bosses in MODOK labs were easier than the fights in the middle, but back then I think the class of the boss was fixed (cosmic). Perhaps cosmic champs were easier back then. Since they are also randomizing the class, it could get a bit more difficult.