**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Version 17.1 Discussion Thread

Hey Summoners,

Version 17.1 is on its way and is coming at you tomorrow, February 27th! Find out everything you need to know about the new version here: http://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/321479/#Comment_321479

Comments

• Savio444Savio444 Posts: 1,781 ★★★★
    Tanks
  • _solidsnake_solidsnake Posts: 133
    17.1 gets released tomorrow but there's still 1D 17Hr left on the BP quest?
  • • Fixed an issue where Doctor Voodoo’s Power Burn was triggering Willpower when striking the opponent

I recall, but haven't tested recently, that Voodoo couldn't proc the power burn ability itself when attacking a debuff immune target at one point, which I assumed was because the ability mechanics used some kind of invisible debuff to trigger itself. Assuming my memory is correct, does this fix implicitly address this problem as well, assuming it is still there?
  • 17.1 gets released tomorrow but there's still 1D 17Hr left on the BP quest?

No need to worry! The event will still conclude as scheduled.
  • DNA3000 wrote: »
    • Fixed an issue where Doctor Voodoo’s Power Burn was triggering Willpower when striking the opponent

I recall, but haven't tested recently, that Voodoo couldn't proc the power burn ability itself when attacking a debuff immune target at one point, which I assumed was because the ability mechanics used some kind of invisible debuff to trigger itself. Assuming my memory is correct, does this fix implicitly address this problem as well, assuming it is still there?

Looks like your memory was service you correctly! Yes, this fix will also fix that issue.
  • TKalTKal Posts: 534 ★★
    Any news on Luke Cage bug where he can be indesctrutible while not having the buff on him ?
  • KnightarthusKnightarthus Posts: 419 ★★★
    So this means a new quest is released tomorrow while the BP one is still going ? Not complaining just want to know to manage some expiring boosts.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    I’m assuming the modok autoblock fix is where you hit once, it auto blocks (no parry) then you hit again and it parries you on the blue force field?
  • So this means a new quest is released tomorrow while the BP one is still going ? Not complaining just want to know to manage some expiring boosts.

The quest will start Wednesday, as usual.
  • roastedbagelroastedbagel Posts: 346 ★★★
    Modok no longer causing parry on autoblock... How is nobody jumping for joy yet in here??
  • PsychoakumaPsychoakuma Posts: 564 ★★
    Modok no longer causing parry on autoblock... How is nobody jumping for joy yet in here??

Looking forward to this. I got into all sorts of strife against Modok in AW today...
  • FRAZEL_MONSTERFRAZEL_MONSTER Posts: 7
    edited February 2018
    As this isn’t a full update to the game can we expect a new loading screen or will it be staying as Black Panther, Killmonger and Hulk? Not that I don’t like them, it’s just nice to see new things!
  • roastedbagelroastedbagel Posts: 346 ★★★

Because I’ve learnt not to raise my hopes too much on some of kabam’s “fixes”

Completely understandable, agreed.
  • JC_JC_ Posts: 517 ★★★
    I’m glad I just dumped a ton of sig stones into my 4/55 MODOK for defense. :neutral:

Lol but I do agree that it needed to be fixed.
  • Hey man any buffing of champions??
  • beyonder8421beyonder8421 Posts: 881 ★★★
    As this isn’t a full update to the game can we expect a new loading screen or will it be staying as Black Panther, Killmonger and Hulk? Not that I don’t like them, it’s just nice to see new things!

There is an x-men themed monthly quest coming so, I am guessing the loading screens will change as well.
  • TKalTKal Posts: 534 ★★

Because I’ve learnt not to raise my hopes too much on some of kabam’s “fixes”

Yeah I mean, how many times evade bug has been fixed ? Yet it is still here
  • Spurgeon14Spurgeon14 Posts: 1,665 ★★★★
    No update on AQ or Daily Class Quests? This is getting old, Kabam!
  • GbSarkarGbSarkar Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    • Fixed an issue where Doctor Voodoo’s Power Burn was triggering Willpower when striking the opponent

Looks like your memory was service you correctly! Yes, this fix will also fix that issue.

Any fix for HE as well then? He also couldn't power drain as it is treated as a debuff while Dorm can
  • Taiphoon_zeroTaiphoon_zero Posts: 110
    How about Og Vision bug, he doesn’t generate power as he supposed to
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,645 ★★★★★
    What are the clarifications on willpower and Rulk's passive ability?
  • vd016vd016 Posts: 48
    No Blade nerf?
  • BassanioBassanio Posts: 162
    So pity the bug of Mordo's LP2 still can't be fixed.