**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

What's the best way to use signature stones?

Wubbie075Wubbie075 Posts: 734 ★★★
edited September 2017 in Strategy and Tips
I have a bunch of generic signature stones accumulated that I know I should be using, but I've just been so indecisive about the best use to get max value out of them. Most of my 3* are duped and I have a bunch who are approaching max. For 4* I've been saving both class and generic for specific Champs I am waiting to dupe. And, of course, none of my three 5* are duped. So while in my case the question applies mostly for 3*, others may face similar dilemmas for their 4* and 5*.

What's the best way to use signature stones? 52 votes

Spread them out among a bunch of champions raising them all slowly.
3%
winterthurDOKTOROKTOPUS 2 votes
Spread them out among a few key champions trying to get a few to max eventually.
50%
Noob_2yrsRbvojtikDisbanded_pensJcray705jkdawgDexman1349buffajrbeaupoemBuckeyeKPAwesomeKyloRennameplasReverse_GreenTellthemIAMRiver_SongSummonerB2GrimmbearHammerbro_64NiteAndDaeDarwiinDCATechoneforty 26 votes
Focus on a single champion, maxing them out ASAP then move on to the next.
46%
SMiller80JRock808Monkey17288zuffyChunkerButtM8ThawnimTheMageHunterChillTrumpootBigNateDeezyKingOfMcocStark78AlfaAnonymous346JuggerneyksNexus_UY_ScutiBlaargoBatpotter1AyushsinghMaxtodonMeatW4D 24 votes

Comments

• Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    Spread them out among a few key champions trying to get a few to max eventually.
    I don't have any 5* champs awakened yet.

I only have a few 4* awakened, but I tend to use the gems on my R4 and R5 champs.

For my 3* gems, I have a team of R4 champs I use for arenas and the gems are given to keep them all at roughly the same sig level (to balance the dupes). More often than not, they're spent to level up the "new" champs (Kingpin, Green Goblin, etc). Out of my 90+ 3* champs, I only really focus on 36 and several of those are sig 60+.

2* gems are spent exclusively on one champ for each class. Once those are maxed, I'll do the same to the next.
  • TrumpootTrumpoot Posts: 185
    max out champs for MAX SIG CRYSTAL.

HOWEVER, that isn't near as important as using sig stones to boost prestige.
  • JRock808JRock808 Posts: 1,149 ★★★★
    2* and 3* go to the highest sig champion available. This gets them maxed and brings in more max sig ability crystals quicker.

4* I save enough in case I get a bomb.com champion, otherwise the same principle applies.

• DoctorofEvilDoctorofEvil Posts: 217
    I'm not really sure. There are diminishing marginal returns for most champs. If I had 300 stones and the best 10 champs in the game I'd be tempted to take each one to 30/100 first.
  • Wubbie075Wubbie075 Posts: 734 ★★★
    Trumpoot wrote: »
    max out champs for MAX SIG CRYSTAL.

HOWEVER, that isn't near as important as using sig stones to boost prestige.

Prestige is meaningless for me cause I don't do anything with alliances. I created one just for myself to get a few extra rewards but I don't do AW or anything.
  • thanks4playingthanks4playing Posts: 805 ★★★
    If you're not worried about prestige then get the champs who benefit the most to about level 39. This is typically 85 percent of their ceiling. The exception would be champs like og dd, bw, and sw.

Check this out for more details
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/165oQ_fihXmJk12-RwHzyDq66KkVS4W0yILnjrjRdnKw/edit?usp=sharing
  • Spread them out among a few key champions trying to get a few to max eventually.
    What I typically do is bring a champ to sig lvl 19. That leaves an even amount of dupes before the champ is maxed, so it doesn't waste any sig stones. Most champs' sig ability (especially 4*), gets most of the benefit by then; everything on top is gravy.

For 5* champs, obviously you want to focus on an awesome champ for those sig stones.
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,655 ★★★★★
    Spread them out among a bunch of champions raising them all slowly.
    Specifically for 3* champs, I try to use them on champs that can 'breakup' the cluster of same class champs. It is easier to manage playing Arenas so that I don't want up having to pick similar class champs for each round of fight.
  • BuckeyeKPBuckeyeKP Posts: 693
    3* I just use them during item use or to make sure I hit the class advance milestone. 3* you obviously don;t care about thei prestige, so I sprinkle them around but focus on the ones who are getting closer to 99 vs. the ones at sig 17. 4* is focused on making my top, key champs better (e.g. magik, SW, Hype, Voodoo).
  • BigNateDeezyBigNateDeezy Posts: 52
    edited February 2018
    It's more important to make sure you use them effectively
    When using signature stones it is important to first identify the end result from naturally duping that champ one, two, three or more times -- specifically making sure you do not waste any dupes upon reaching the max sig level.

Max Sig Levels
    • 1* - N/A
    • 2* - sig99
    • 3* - sig99 (increments of 8 per dupe)
    • 4* - sig99 (increments of 20 per dupe)
    • 5* - sig200 (increments of 20 per dupe)

For example:

If I have a 3* unawakened Gladiator Hulk that i've just gotten out of a Crystal, or the Arena and I use an Awakening Gem on him, he will be at sig level 1 - upon duping him he will rise by 8 levels, and continue to do so for every dupe thereafter. What's important here is understanding, at which point, does he reach the max sig level, and whether or not any stones are wasted.

The best/easiest way to do this is to work backwards from the max sig level, decreasing in the amount of the increment

3* - 99, 91, 83, 75, 67, 59, 51, 43, 35, 27, 19, 11, 3
    4* - 99, 79, 59, 39, 19
    5* - 200, 180, 160, 140, 120, 100, 80, 60, 40, 20, 0

This means never apply more signature stones to put your champ on a number that is not listed above, otherwise you run the risk of wasting those stones when you naturally dupe them.

Imagine now the same 3* Gladiator Hulk is at sig 88, and you dupe him twice (+16 sig levels) because you forgot that he was on an unnatural sig level - this means you essentially wasted 5 signature stones that you could've placed elsewhere.

Rule of thumb - only apply as many stones to bring the champ back to the natural sig level - UNLESS you can guarantee you will get more stones prior to opening any crystals.

Note: Using an Awakening Gem on 4 & 5*s means you need to throw at least 18/19 stones on them so they get back to their natural sig level state.

I hope that helps.
  • Focus on a single champion, maxing them out ASAP then move on to the next.
    did ,my comment get deleted
  • Focus on a single champion, maxing them out ASAP then move on to the next.
    sigh, looks like it did - and i'm not prepared to re-write it.

Basically make sure you don't waste them, like ChunkerButtM8 mentioned above.

Every tier has a natural sig level you want to make sure you don't exceed.

3*s - 99, 91, 83, 75, 67, 59, 51, 43, 35, 27, 19, 11, 3
    4*s - 99, 79, 59, 39, 19
    5*s - 200, 180, 160, 140, etc

You do not want to leave your champ between any of these numbers, ESPECIALLY near the last natural sig level

91 for 3*s, 79 for 4*s, and 180 for 5*s

UNLESS you can guarantee you'll accumulate enough before you start opening crystals which might lead to them being duped and passing the max threshold.