**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Announcing Event Quest: X-Men: Savage Future

edited February 2018 in General Discussion
JOIN THE HUNT

The X-Men need your help! A rampant Sabretooth is tearing across The Battlerealm, attacking anyone in sight. You need to work together with the X-Men and help track him down. But as always, it won’t be a straightforward path and new foes may stand in your way.

ARMED AND DANGEROUS

Three new Champions have entered The Contest. Mutants are different in many ways from other champions as well as eachother, but if there's one thing that remains the same it’s that they’re always running loose. The Sentinels have arrived in the contest with the primary directive to search and destroy. The Sentinel analyzes its opponent and gains benefits from from combatants that use the same tactics in succession. This makes the Sentinel tougher to take down and these bonuses are gained much more quickly against Mutants.

Bishop has also warped into The Contest. Armed with his signature XSE guns, Bishop absorbs energy attacks and can send them back atm an opponent with a punch. He can also alter his own attacks into energy attacks as well giving him the tools he needs to take down his foes.

Lastly, Sabretooth runs amok in The Battlerealm. Sabretooth utilizes a mix of Fury and Regen buffs which make him a tough beast to cage.

Q&A

How long does this quest run for?

This quest will be starting on the 28th of February at ~10:00AM PST and will run until April 4th at 10:00AM PST. Those attempting Legends runs will have until March 14th to 100% explore both Heroic and Master difficulties.

I can’t see some of the rewards under “View Rewards” Are they missing?

No, they’re there! Currently we can’t fit all the rewards in the preview. In Particular, the title on Heroic difficulty cannot be previewed but you will still receive it upon meeting the required criteria.

How do I get the Legends title associated with Master Difficulty?

The Legends title and rewards will be given to the 100 players who 100% explore HEROIC AND MASTER difficulties in this Event Quest the fastest. Just like recent Event Quests, this quest will take advantage of the Time Attack system we’ve put in place for our Monthly Quest Legends Program. This means that the players that completely explore Heroic and Master difficulty the fastest within the first 2 weeks of the event being live will win the title. More information on that can be found here: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/27/time-attack-legends-program
In addition to this distinction, these first 100 will receive the following rewards:
#1-5 - 3x Tier 4 Class Catalyst Crystal
#6-100 - 1x Tier 4 Class Catalyst Crystal

Rewards
For completing and mastering all of the Beginner quests, you earn:
4000x Premium Crystal Shards (2x Crystals)
150x Units
900x Tier 4 Generic Catalyst Fragments
2x Generic Tier 1 Catalyst
2x Generic Tier 2 Catalyst
15x Tier 3 Generic ISO
18x Tier 2 Class ISO (3/each class)
1x Xavier Enforcer Title

For completing and mastering all of the Normal quests, you earn:
1x 3-Star Iceman
5000x Premium Crystal Shards (2.5x Crystals)
2000x 3-Star Crystal Shards (1x Crystal)
150x Units
2700x Tier 4 Generic Catalyst Fragments
1x Alpha Catalyst
3x Tier 2 Generic Catalyst
5x Tier 3 Generic ISO
7x Tier 4 Generic ISO
30x Tier 2 Class ISO (5/each class)
1x Xavier Enforcer Title

For completing and mastering all of the Heroic quests, you earn:

3x Premium Hero Crystals
1x 3-Star Hero Crystal
800x 4-Star Crystal Shards (40% of a Crystal)
1000x 5-Star Crystal Shards (10% of a Crystal)
150x Units
x1 Tier 4 Generic Catalyst
1x Alpha Catalyst
2x Tier 3 Generic Catalyst
12x Tier 4 Generic ISO
30x Tier 3 Class ISO (5/each class)
1x Xavier Enforcer Title
10x Tier 4 Class Catalyst Fragment Crystal

For completing and mastering all of the Master quests, you earn:

3x Premium Hero Crystals
1x 3-Star Hero Crystal
6000x 3-Star Crystal Shards (3x Crystals)
2000x 4-Star Crystal Shards (100% of a Crystal)
1500x 5-Star Crystal Shards (15% of a Crystal)
150x Units
3x Alpha Catalyst
1x Tier 4 Generic Catalyst
3600x Tier 2 Alpha Catalyst Fragments (10% of a Catalyst)
55x Tier 4 Class Catalyst Fragment Crystal
10x 4-Star Signature Stone Crystals
5x 5-Star Signature Stone Crystals
1x Mutant Hunter Title
28000x Tier 4 Basic Catalyst Fragment

For completing and mastering all of the Uncollected quests, you earn:
4020x 4-Star Crystal Shards
7500x 5-Star Crystal Shards
2500x 6-Star Crystal Shards
12000x Tier 2 Alpha Catalyst Fragment
10x 5-Star Signature Stone Crystal
9000x Tier 5 Generic Catalyst Shard
1x Tier 4 Class Catalyst Crystal

NOTE: If you're a Summoner that reads the dialogue in these quests, you're gonna come across some interactions between Sentinel and other Champions that seems.... odd. It's a bug that we weren't able to fix in time. Just remember... it's a Robot, its speaker box could be anywhere, and we're all adults here.
Post edited by Kabam Miike on

Comments

• SpiritOfVengeanceSpiritOfVengeance Posts: 2,353 ★★★★
    edited February 2018
    Im ready for the uncollected boss versions. Sentinels would of been perfect as the symbiods replacement in aq.
  • NOOOOOOOOPEEEEENOOOOOOOOPEEEEE Posts: 2,803 ★★★★★
    NOTE: If you're a Summoner that reads the dialogue in these quests, you're gonna come across some interactions between Sentinel and other Champions that seems.... odd. It's a bug that we weren't able to fix in time. Just remember... it's a Robot, its speaker box could be anywhere, and we're all adults here.

...so you mean Sentinel has become Senitent...... EVERYONE PANIC.
  • @Kabam Miike why theres no more title in the uncollected difficulty?
  • Batty_NumppoBatty_Numppo Posts: 288 ★★★

I don’t think that very last part is anywhere close to true. I’ve heard the voices on YouTube.
  • DONZALOOG1234DONZALOOG1234 Posts: 149
    I haven't gotten my update yet!
  • RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,498 ★★★★★
    Something something...blah blah....t1a....blah blah.
  • Josegee2321Josegee2321 Posts: 52
    Me like a lot! =]
  • CuntessaCuntessa Posts: 69
    Are sentinels going to be #robot? Wondering if medusa and sparky will have an advantage
  • CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    Are barbies entering the contest? That color hurt my eyes. What a horrible idea of design. The thing looks like a giant hatchimal. Sentinels are purple and red wine metallic not pink and barbie colors.
  • CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    The quest looks amazing by the way. Good job Kabam. Please fix these colors of the new champs and make them more appealing.
  • BahamutBahamut Posts: 2,307 ★★★★
    edited February 2018

If I’m not mistaken, you can get warnings for swearing because there are kids who use the forums. Soooo... false
  • BahamutBahamut Posts: 2,307 ★★★★
    Kabam Doot wrote: »
    JOIN THE HUNT

The X-Men need your help! A rampant Sabretooth is tearing across The Battlerealm, attacking anyone in sight. You need to work together with the X-Men and help track him down. But as always, it won’t be a straightforward path and new foes may stand in your way.

ARMED AND DANGEROUS

Three new Champions have entered The Contest. Mutants are different in many ways from other champions as well as eachother, but if there's one thing that remains the same it’s that they’re always running loose. The Sentinels have arrived in the contest with the primary directive to search and destroy. The Sentinel analyzes its opponent and gains benefits from from combatants that use the same tactics in succession. This makes the Sentinel tougher to take down and these bonuses are gained much more quickly against Mutants.

Bishop has also warped into The Contest. Armed with his signature XSE guns, Bishop absorbs energy attacks and can send them back atm an opponent with a punch. He can also alter his own attacks into energy attacks as well giving him the tools he needs to take down his foes.

Lastly, Sabretooth runs amok in The Battlerealm. Sabretooth utilizes a mix of Fury and Regen buffs which make him a tough beast to cage.

Q&A

How long does this quest run for?

This quest will be starting on the 28th of February at ~10:00AM PST and will run until April 4th at 10:00AM PST. Those attempting Legends runs will have until March 14th to 100% explore both Heroic and Master difficulties.

I can’t see some of the rewards under “View Rewards” Are they missing?

No, they’re there! Currently we can’t fit all the rewards in the preview. In Particular, the title on Heroic difficulty cannot be previewed but you will still receive it upon meeting the required criteria.

How do I get the Legends title associated with Master Difficulty?

The Legends title and rewards will be given to the 100 players who 100% explore HEROIC AND MASTER difficulties in this Event Quest the fastest. Just like recent Event Quests, this quest will take advantage of the Time Attack system we’ve put in place for our Monthly Quest Legends Program. This means that the players that completely explore Heroic and Master difficulty the fastest within the first 2 weeks of the event being live will win the title. More information on that can be found here: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/27/time-attack-legends-program
    In addition to this distinction, these first 100 will receive the following rewards:
    #1-5 - 3x Tier 4 Class Catalyst Crystal
    #6-100 - 1x Tier 4 Class Catalyst Crystal

Rewards
    For completing and mastering all of the Beginner quests, you earn:
    150x Units
    900x Tier 4 Generic Catalyst Fragments
    2x Generic Tier 1 Catalyst
    2x Generic Tier 2 Catalyst
    15x Tier 3 Generic ISO
    18x Tier 2 Class ISO (3/each class)
    1x Xavier Enforcer Title

For completing and mastering all of the Normal quests, you earn:
    1x 3-Star Iceman
    5000x Premium Crystal Shards (2.5x Crystals)
    2000x 3-Star Crystal Shards (1x Crystal)
    150x Units
    2700x Tier 4 Generic Catalyst Fragments
    1x Alpha Catalyst
    3x Tier 2 Generic Catalyst
    5x Tier 3 Generic ISO
    7x Tier 4 Generic ISO
    30x Tier 2 Class ISO (5/each class)
    1x Xavier Enforcer Title

For completing and mastering all of the Heroic quests, you earn:

3x Premium Hero Crystals
    1x 3-Star Hero Crystal
    800x 4-Star Crystal Shards (40% of a Crystal)
    1000x 5-Star Crystal Shards (10% of a Crystal)
    150x Units
    x1 Tier 4 Generic Catalyst
    1x Alpha Catalyst
    2x Tier 3 Generic Catalyst
    12x Tier 4 Generic ISO
    30x Tier 3 Class ISO (5/each class)
    1x Xavier Enforcer Title
    10x Tier 4 Class Catalyst Fragment Crystal

For completing and mastering all of the Master quests, you earn:

3x Premium Hero Crystals
    1x 3-Star Hero Crystal
    6000x 3-Star Crystal Shards (3x Crystals)
    2000x 4-Star Crystal Shards (100% of a Crystal)
    1500x 5-Star Crystal Shards (15% of a Crystal)
    150x Units
    3x Alpha Catalyst
    1x Tier 4 Generic Catalyst
    3600x Tier 2 Alpha Catalyst Fragments (10% of a Catalyst)
    55x Tier 4 Class Catalyst Fragment Crystal
    10x 4-Star Signature Stone Crystals
    5x 5-Star Signature Stone Crystals
    1x Mutant Hunter Title
    28000x Tier 4 Basic Catalyst Fragment

For completing and mastering all of the Uncollected quests, you earn:
    4020x 4-Star Crystal Shards
    7500x 5-Star Crystal Shards
    2500x 6-Star Crystal Shards
    12000x Tier 2 Alpha Catalyst Fragment
    10x 5-Star Signature Stone Crystal
    9000x Tier 5 Generic Catalyst Shard
    1x Tier 4 Class Catalyst Crystal

Wait, THREE champs? So the Sentinel (or at least a version of it) will actually be playable? Because there was a lot of assumption that it wouldn’t be
  • nebneb Posts: 453 ★★★
    Sentile disfunction?
  • Scarlett_Scarlett_ Posts: 273
    I haven't gotten my update yet!

Try deleting and reinstalling the game that’s what I do
  • A_Noob_Is1A_Noob_Is1 Posts: 762 ★★
    Sounds cool.
  • Apex1212Apex1212 Posts: 185
    So no new quest till tomorrow so we had to do an update and no new content wtf.
  • Whododo872Whododo872 Posts: 1,042 ★★★
    edited February 2018

I hope you’re okay with the fact that I’ll be bashing you guys for any text errors anyways. Strictly for that good banter, of course

I should also note that upon reading the initial post closely, I count at least two very noticeable text errors. One of those is even repeating a word twice in a row
  • shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★
    I am excited for the new quests I can't wait for them to begin
  • My child who plays isn’t an adult, fix your game.
  • CapWW2 wrote: »
    Are barbies entering the contest? That color hurt my eyes. What a horrible idea of design. The thing looks like a giant hatchimal. Sentinels are purple and red wine metallic not pink and barbie colors.

you should've seen it coming when you see gwenpool's hit pops out pinky flowers all over the place
  • rogueKlyntarrogueKlyntar Posts: 268
    edited February 2018
    Whododo872 wrote: »

I hope you’re okay with the fact that I’ll be bashing you guys for any text errors anyways. Strictly for that good banter, of course

I should also note that upon reading the initial post closely, I count at least two very noticeable text errors. One of those is even repeating a word twice in a row

Besides the subject-verb disagreement between "interactions" and "seems", and the obvious mispelling of "Mike", what are you referring to? I am surprised that they got the "its-it's" distinction down though...