**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Fix “FACE ME” [NOT A BUG]

ArgygufdetlopArgygufdetlop Posts: 62
edited February 2018 in Bugs and Known Issues
Not sure what the precise definition of “Passive Damage Over Time Effect” (“dot”) is, but the fact that FACE ME doesn’t trigger for certain dots is very difficult to justify.

Void: we can both just be standing there doing literally nothing, and Hulk gets dots put on him. Yet somehow this isn’t passive damage over time? That’s nuts. Sorry, it’s just nuts.

Iceman: at start of fight, nothing happens, literally nobody does any action, and hulk gets coldsnap put on him. And somehow this isn’t a passive dot. Seriously?!?

Morningstar: maybe a little more of a gray area, since hulk does have to attack her for the bleed to trigger, but MS herself can just be standing there doing literally nothing, and hulk gets dots on him for attacking. I would argue this should clearly be considered a passive dot, but maybe not as stark a. Example as the others.

Can we please get an explanation or have this issue fixed?
Post edited by Kabam Miike on

Comments

• KarinshiKarinshi Posts: 280 ★★
    it's only against "passive" DoT > Magik/Dormammu /Mephisto "Only"
  • That isn’t an explanation. All the examples I listed are passive too. Certainly more passive than Magik, for example, who needs “action” (attacking or being attacked) to trigger limbo.

Void, iceman and MS give passive dots. Therefore either FACE ME is bugged or the tooltip is lying.
  • makaighostmakaighost Posts: 30
    Can't expect them to fix an actual problem when they still haven't/won't fixed hit detection for wiffing or the fact that flame breath is considered physical contact XD
  • Etaki_LirakoiEtaki_Lirakoi Posts: 480 ★★
    edited February 2018
    That isn’t an explanation. All the examples I listed are passive too. Certainly more passive than Magik, for example, who needs “action” (attacking or being attacked) to trigger limbo.

Void, iceman and MS give passive dots. Therefore either FACE ME is bugged or the tooltip is lying.
    You get Willpower healing off of Icemans Coldsnap, it’s not passive. You can clearly see if it’s an active or passive debuff, it doesn’t matter how it’s placed.
  • Explain how “you can clearly see if it’s an active or passive.” To me, passive means that it gets placed passively, but maybe that just makes too much sense.
  • RasiloverRasilover Posts: 1,440 ★★★★
    Passive Debuffs Don't work with willpower.
    Passive buffs or debuffs tend to have a black timer instead of the regular white outline timer
    edited February 2018
    Explain how “you can clearly see if it’s an active or passive.” To me, passive means that it gets placed passively, but maybe that just makes too much sense.
    It’s all in how the timer/border looks.
    7em9wottd1ot.jpeg
    The stun from parry is and active debuff, as shown by the white border being used as the timer.

Magiks Limbo on the other hand is a passive, as shown by the entire icon being filled in and also being used as the timer.
    ^ What He Said
  • Thanks, that is helpful. But it still doesn’t answer the question of WHY some dots are considered “passive” and some are not. Words have meaning! Passive isn’t a word that means “something that has a black timer and doesn’t trigger willpower.” Passive means “not active.” So dots that get put on you passively. I.e.without an action, should be passive!!
    Passive refers to a different type of debuff
    They don't have the same characteristics as regular debuffs
    regular debuffs can be shruggen off while passive debuffs dont
    edited February 2018
    Thanks, that is helpful. But it still doesn’t answer the question of WHY some dots are considered “passive” and some are not. Words have meaning! Passive isn’t a word that means “something that has a black timer and doesn’t trigger willpower.” Passive means “not active.” So dots that get put on you passively. I.e.without an action, should be passive!!
    It’s just how they’ve categorized it, I don’t know why something is a passive or not, I only know if it is a passive or not.
  • So this isn’t a bug with FACE ME, it’s just inconsistency in how Kabam categorizes debuffs for all sorts of purposes.

Still doesn’t make internally consistent sense. It is totally arbitrary. So if they had put a white border around dormammu degen, that by itself would make it not be passive? That’s stupid.
  • MC1111111MC1111111 Posts: 88
    Passive means you’re being affected without a buff or debuff. Yes there inconsistency in what is classified as a passive effect: dormammu’s degen technically has a visible debuff looking icon. There are 4 things classified as a passive DOT: magik limbo, Mephisto aura, dormammu degen, and starburst. That’s it.
  • Pretty sure I saw it trigger with mordo soul barb too. Interesting if it works on starburst.