**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

The 5 star crystal is full of complete rubbish

Hi, I'm just another player who's sick of grinding and saving shards for months only to get a totally useless champ. I'm completely over spending my 10,000-15,000 crystal shards to end up with garbage like yesterday when I opened Gambit. Below I'm providing a list of 5* champs in the crystal that have literally NO USE in this game. They are basically a total waste of catalysts which would instead be better off spent on a different 4* in the same class.

Magneto
Colossus
Gambit
Regular captain America
Iron patriot
Hulkbuster
Red cyclops
Blue cyclops
Symboite spiderman
Rocket raccoon
Loki
Winter Soldier

That's 12 champions out of a possible 36. There are another 8 champs which are completely terrible unless duped:

Juggernaut
Storm
Venom pool
Iron man
Superior iron man
Ant man
Spider man
Star lord

So 20 out of 36 champions are a complete waste of space on my roster. Sadly I have a bunch of those listed and only 1 dupe after playing for 2 and a half years now.

Either drop 5* crystals from 10,000 shards to 5,000, or give us a damn chance at getting something worthwhile. After act 5 chapter 2, it's obvious chapter 3 will require a couple of 5* at rank 4 to get through. What hope do we have?

This game has sucked so bad over the last 12 months.

Comments

• ADDZZADDZZ Posts: 71
    Whocaller wrote: »
    Lol what are u even talking about Symbiote spider, RR and cap are actually great champions. If u really dont like the champions avilable right now then wait for some months unitl good ones are added into the spinner.....

As for your "game has sucked over last 12 months" statement. I disagree with you a lot of good changes has occur in past 6-7 months. Such as arean changes, calender, exclusive quest and other stuffs....

You know what's hilarious about arenas? Most of those horrid 5* champs I mentioned are only good for that. So we're getting a bunch of 5* junk champs to use to grind more 4* in the arenas. How backwards is this stupid game lol.

And dude regular cap sucks. He's one of my first ever 4*, duped 3 times and he hits like a fairy, with no special abilities. RR is virtually a glass cannon, again with no special abilities. They literally took Star lord, toned him down 50 notches and gave birth to RR.

Symboite Spidey sucks, regular Spidey is far better. At least regular Spidey has class advantage over Mystics which is useful for AW, and symb Spidey doesn't trigger evades til you use a special.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    So....you didn't get the Champ you wanted and that makes them all garbage?
    Blackbeard wrote: »
    Ok mate, i understand your likeness or dislikeness. You mentioned about 36 of champs. As far i know kabam got total 98 champs including thanos, kang, ultron classic. I personally dont like some of champs you mentioned, but i like some of them really. Its about personal comfort of playing and match of your playing style and skill.
    I dont know how come Winter Soldier, Loki, Hulkbuster and Gambit can be junk? I got WS in 5star, hes awesome with his ammo varient. Got all types of ammo for all sort of chams even for the bleed immunes. Loki is awesome with buff steal with SA1 and unblockable SA2. Imagine he steals the regen buff of an awakened Ironman or S.Ironman. I got Buster and Gambit in 4star. Both of them are very good to do longer fights in line or against boss with high health, high attack.
    Not all champs will regen like wolverine or bleed like BP or steal life like Rogue or steal power like Vision or gain power like Hyperion or killer sa like Hulk. But does it really makes them Junk?
    I really doubt that mate. If so i guess Junk as you say, is good enough for servival of millions of players here. And i guess that makes Heroes.

There are 36 total in the regular 5* crystal.

Go play a high tier in AW and report back, you won't see many of the champs I mentioned on offense or defense.

If you think gambit and hulkbuster are great, you clearly have a horrible roster lol.
    edited June 2017
    ADDZZ wrote: »

don't twist my words. There are legitimate concerns about what kabam is playing at here. I have a stacked roster of rank 5 4* champs, and the odds of getting a useful 4* are vastly greater than getting a useful 5*, even if you don't factor in the 8000 shard difference in price. With such a small pool of 5* champions in the regular crystal, why are the odds so bad?

My post is questioning why kabam has chosen the champs they have in the 5* crystal. They are inherently bad, is it because they want us to blow resources on them and spend units in quests because they're essentially useless?

You have a less than 50% chance of getting a 5* that you can use in AQ, AW or quests. There's something wrong.

Not everyone has as much disdain towards all Champs. Especially when they're trying to build a 5* Roster to begin with. Most of the Champs you mentioned aren't bad at all. You can't expect them to fill the 5* Crystal with nothing but Top Champs. I'm not twisting your words. They're already twisted as it is. You don't seem to be happy with anything.
    Tell you what. I'll give you my 5* Spiderman and I'll take your Gambit. ;)
  • BlackbeardBlackbeard Posts: 133
    Bro if my Horrible roster brought me this far within 6 months i am happy with that. If my Horrible roster completes Act4 (chp4 need to do 100% yet) well i am happy with it. I guess you are really confused about method of evaluation something. One doesnt mendetarily need to be Junk for another to be Great.
    I got Hyperion, Voodoo, Hulk, Rogue, Electra, Ultron, Strange, Guillotine also. But no way i will call others Junk in general.
    For sure it may feel junk to you, honestly i feel almost same lke you about some of them. But that doesnt mean that i will give them the title JUNK and send to kabam.
  • BCdiscmanBCdiscman Posts: 348
    Whocaller wrote: »
    ...a lot of good changes has occur in past 6-7 months. Such as arean changes, calender, exclusive quest and other stuffs....

I agree that those were moves in the right direction but I would trade them all in a heart beat to get the game back to it's glory days of 11.0

It's like driving your car straight into a tree and then putting brand new tires on it. They may be nice but it would be far better to have your car back in the shape it was before the accident.

Also I think WS is a great 5* Champ when duped. Nice damage. Good Bleed. Power Drain and an L2 that wrecks opponents.
  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,870 ★★★★★
    Man there are some wicked champs in the 5* crystal!

Not all champs are gods and that goes for every fighting game out even on consoles, some will be awesome and some will suck.

How you can call sym spidey garbage though is beyond me... learn how to fight with him and stack ABs like a beast, he can do mega damage
    I can tell there are a lot of people here who haven't been playing since the beginning...

For those of us that have, the trends are disturbing.

Anyway, I've said my piece so I'll leave it for everyone to debate.
    Addzz bro, one simple question as you said about your roster stacked with dupped 4star 5/50 champs, actually what are you expecting from 5star champs? They arent god. And certainly as you are playing this long and as you said abour your Glorious roster you shouldnt, trust me you shouldnt asked about any new heroes only because its 5star.
    When you build one roster this time long and upgrade a team till rank 5, only a child will cry for new champs with one star more. After playing 2 and a hulf years, and Roster Stacked with R5 heroes no quest should be too hard for you.
    If your current roster is as you speak of, and still you think you are not safe, seriously bro you dont need a hero, you need a priest to call God All Mighty to secure you (maybe play a little for you too) lol.
  • DLegend wrote: »
    Thinking they're garbage means you don't know how to use them.

Exactly
  • wappykidwappykid Posts: 91
    DLegend wrote: »
    Thinking they're garbage means you don't know how to use them.

every body has their special champion even though doctor voodoo Hyperion ghost rider are in demand I dont like any of them their abilities are ok but I dislike them
  • Josh2PlayJosh2Play Posts: 115
    So just put DV, Hulk, Drax (who might also be junk if not duped for your taste as it seems), BP, Ultron Elektra and Mordo in the cystals, oh! and if you get star-lord for the first time you get him duped sig 200!
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    If you think all of those champions are garbage you don't know how to use them, and anyway all of the champions in the crystal cant be amazing, it just ain't gonna happen.
  • ApacheApache Posts: 558 ★★
    glad it takes awhile to save for one of these craptastic champs
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    A lot of those champs are decent that you think suck. Symbiote spidey hits like a truck so does rocket. Gambit can stun lock on a power gain team. Cyclops isn't too bad because of synergies. Ws and cap are great offensively in aw
  • ThreedeadkingsThreedeadkings Posts: 97
    It's actually worthwhile to take into consideration the synergies you can gain from these recent 5* champions selection released by Kabam. Also, it shouldn't be looked at in isolation from the 5* features.

The game or the higher value/reward content requires a 'team' of champions, never singular. Whilst each may not weigh up to its own merit (sometimes) but as a group and with proper synergy, a team of 3 or 5 can be somewhat formidable, be it duped or unduped.

I've used Antman/YJ as offense in tier 1 war. Both unduped. I've also used WS, similarly unduped in Tier 1 War, and all of them did surprisingly well.

But of course, each to his/her own liking and affinity towards some champs.

P/S: I'm really looking forward to draw HB and Hulk or Magneto/Gambit in my future 5* pulls.
  • Berserk_NationBerserk_Nation Posts: 223
    5's are the future and any and all 5's should be R2 minimum.
  • spumingtonspumington Posts: 350 ★★
    Rocket Raccoon might be the best option for LOL now. His base attack gives him a lot more time on the enrage timer than SL, and he does boatloads of damage. He doesn't belong on any **** list.
    Guys leave the debate, as we all understand all player got their own set of best champ, reason is all champs got their own unique values, the only thing is which value suits you most and which ability you value most. For sure it will vary player to player.
    But from my experience if you place this many of champs directly in Junk list, no matter how long you are playing, no offence buddy, you are still an amature. Improve you playing style i am pretty much sure that list will get a lot shorter.
  • MEŦAPħҰSMEŦAPħҰS Posts: 340 ★★
    OP - I wish there was a disagree button because I couldn't disagree with you more. I think you may need to start investing time in figuring out how those champs actually benefit you. Maybe you need the duped champs for regen cause you get hit too much...idk, but rocket, IP, capt, cyclops (either), storm and juggs are all great champs....

Sorry you aren't enjoying the game. If I wasn't enjoying a game I've played for 2+ years, i would drop it.
  • hero3hero3 Posts: 112

agreed. I spent 30K shards on featured crystal on gambit as he was my favourite character in xmen and marvel. guess what? duped him 2/2 and totally stoked.

you can pass me your garbage lol.
    not every character is everyones cup of tea. deal with it mate. or save up about 4 or 5 open at once to 'lessen' the disappointment.

im so waiting get my captain as well. have a 5* sci awakening ready :)