**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Parry and Evade Even Worse In the New Update 17.1.0

Since Wednesday's 17.1.0 update, I've seen reduced or even nonexistent responsiveness of parries and sometimes evades in AQ, AW, monthly event quest and Modok's Lab. I have not noticed it yet in arenas, but I also haven't grinded much since then. Needless to say, that's a lot of game content that is seeing these issues.

I saw a Reddit post from someone and a lot of the comments expressed similar frustrations, so this isn't isolated. Can Kabam please acknowledge and explore the issue? This is occurring in content that requires items to be used, so any issues not related to the quality of the player needs to be figured out.

To the Forum users, please include comments below if you have experienced similar problems.

Comments

• AgentDoom9AgentDoom9 Posts: 263 ★★
    My specials have been getting blocked especially voodoos.
  • Dexterity as well twice in war today i had opponent jump out of mid combo using dexterity. As in after the third hit to the face they bounce out of combo come back and wreck me
  • PrabhyaPrabhya Posts: 22
    i made my own thread for this. but i think this will help all of us. i have parry unlocked, if
    anyone asking
    aum1gs8mfv4o.jpeg
    vdo0yrv6mxbw.jpeg
  • AlCapone2727AlCapone2727 Posts: 428 ★★
    Projectile specials are back to not working after a combo such as iron man
  • spaceoakspaceoak Posts: 135
    I have seen in 17.1 parries dropping, deep evade not happening, inputs dropped, and specials blocked after 5 hit combo. Used to be that it would only happen in a few fights against high rated champs, but now it seams the AI reaction time is very quick for most fights. Also most champs have aggressive AI like Hulk has always had. The aggressive AI with the quick reaction time makes the deep evade problem very difficult.

Brian Grant has a war video that shows this problem very well. Could not proc a dexterity.
  • HeyheyheyHeyheyhey Posts: 84
    Yesterday I had few instances where my block stopped working
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    Been having super lag lately. Today is pretty bad. I just bought a new Tablet, Galaxy Tab E, Android 7.0, and all the other Apps are working fine. Tablet responds quickly, but the game is slow and unresponsive. Not sure if it's the server or the Internet, but it's really bad today. Arena is bad, Lab was worse.
  • AkumaAkuma Posts: 8
    Dear Mods, I think this still has to do with "receiving Help from your Alliance Mates causing slowdowns in gameplay." The visual glitch has been fixed but the lag is causing an issue with the input (swipe/tab) from players. The game seems to be functioning correctly when I don't have any outstanding help requests.

Thank you for your consideration.
  • chev327foxchev327fox Posts: 826 ★★
    Today I have had my champs keep doing "Medium Medium" even though I am tapping the screen. VERY frustrating.
  • IanMoone89IanMoone89 Posts: 590
    Try this on for size, fought mags in AW and then parried him to which i executed my sp1 and no joke before the laser even hit him the word parry appeared and was even blocking before my special fully played out like wtf lol
  • MEKA5MEKA5 Posts: 344 ★★
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Wolf @Ad0ra_ Kabam not acknowledging and fixing these well known and severe issues is a clear insult to the players/customers base! Give respect to earn respect.
  • TinklestinkieTinklestinkie Posts: 102
    edited March 2018
    I'm done with this game because of this.
    You can have their greed and keep all the frustration because of it.
    The resources they have to make a functioning game is availible.

Toodles

I'm freeeee!!!
    😁
  • FatherSuperiorFatherSuperior Posts: 6
    The game is beyond frustrating now with all these issues since the update. I constantly try and evade and my champs just freeze up and get combo’d. Or they randomly throw heavies on their own. I’ve also had to hit my special button 4-5 times once in a while for it to register.
  • OK, I usually don't bother with this but it's an issue I've been having across all 3 of the Droid devices I use to play. Evades not registering, general attack input ignored, heavies charging out of nowhere, even specials where I definitely tapped the button but it just doesn't fire off. I think a lot of it is tied into the steady decline in framerate as this game gets bulkier and more complex.

I'm not a programmer but as a full time player I'd like to offer some constructive input. I think serious work needs to be done trimming down a lot of flashy elements in the game. I notice a lot more framerate drop fighting flashy champs like Dormammu would be a prime example.

My phone is admittedly out of date, I primarily use a galaxy 6, but as of about December have noticed a gradual increase of small lags in gameplay, often just as I attempt an evade or the opponent fires off a special, and the delay causes the command to be ignored and I'm left butt cheeks flapping in the breeze. In addition, even immediately after cleaning and drying off my phone screen I have had ghost input, heavies charging out of nowhere, randomly dashing back in the middle of a combo where I'm clearly tapping the right. Because gameplay in this app is so fast paced twitch action, it's hard to tell what is an honest mistake on my part and what is the game ignoring or distorting my input.

Look, I'm often disappointed by the design of new champs or updates in war, but that's a subjective matter. It is objectively bad if the game is not registering basic commands, this game is hard (and thus item and unit depleting) enough as it is. The harder the content is set, the more apparent it becomes that something is seriously borked somewhere in the code.

I hope you take the community seriously on this matter, like I said above it's gonna often be conflated with player error, but from an experienced player that usually doesn't moan about this stuff, something needs to change. A potion and revive heavy care package wouldn't hurt either of course :)
  • Stagedear85Stagedear85 Posts: 774 ★★★
    This happen to me so much trying to do Act 5 that I just stop playing where ill do a combo then try to do special and my champ just stands then then before I kno it i'm getting combo, I have an iphone so i'm glad i'm not the only one going thru this , or times where i'm dashing back and my guy does an heavy attack instead i was like WTF, do i think these will be fixed absolutely not because it makes people spend or use units on revives and so forth, they've added so many other things instead of fixing whats not working