**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Venompool buffs

Has there ever been an explaination for what Venompool’s buffs actually do? Cunning for example, or luck. How exactly do these work?

Mods, if there hasn’t can you please find out for us?
I’ve put off ever upgrading my 5* because I don’t know exactly how to use him when he has these buffs.

Comments

• AnfwilksAnfwilks Posts: 18
    Mods?
  • NastyEfnNateNastyEfnNate Posts: 551 ★★
    No one knows what luck does. Or cunning. His sig is broken and absolutely garbage. The regen u get from it is only 1. He good without it tho but they need to rework the sig
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    No one knows what luck does. Or cunning. His sig is broken and absolutely garbage. The regen u get from it is only 1. He good without it tho but they need to rework the sig

Luck decreases enemy ability accuracy while increasing yours
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,280 ★★★★★
    Cunning is (presumably) the same effect as Joe Fixit's Cunning.

Likewise his 'Rage' is presumably the same as either JF or Hulk's Rage - don't know which, but smart money is on JF's. He's also been known to have:
    Perfect Block chance (CA)
    Bleed Immunity (Various)
    Fury (various)
    Precision
    Invulnerability (LC)
    Unstoppable (UC)

He has two different Regenerations, @NastyEfnNate it's not broken:
    1 - Standard regeneration (Wolverine) for a short duration.
    2 - Permanent regeneration at 1/tick (OML).

Personally I quite like Venompool, and his unpredictability. He's got a great bleed, and his ability to remove buffs is unusual in a cosmic champ. Heal Block can be useful too. Despite Ultron being bleed immune, for example, VP works pretty well against him because he can steal armour/regeneration buffs and can Heal Block.
    Yes I know how he works. Did u read? I said his sig regen which is not the one triggered by his L1. Thank you tho. Yes it is broken. Who needs a 1 health a tick regen when my champs health is 17k. It’s like trying to fill a swimming pool by pissing in it
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,280 ★★★★★
    Yes I know how he works. Did u read? I said his sig regen which is not the one triggered by his L1. Thank you tho. Yes it is broken. Who needs a 1 health a tick regen when my champs health is 17k. It’s like trying to fill a swimming pool by pissing in it

Let me rephrase that:

Venompool has three types of regeneration:

1 - The regeneration he triggers with his SP1
    2 - Random Wolverine-type regeneration for a short duration from his Sig.
    3 - Random Old Man Logan-style regeneration at 1/tick from his Sig.

I'm not arguing that the third type is in any way useful; but then nor is getting bleed immune when your opponent doesn't inflict bleed. 1/tick is pretty pointless; and this should rise with his base health.

On the other hand he does also have some useful random regeneration from his Sig, as well as the SP1 healing.
    He only has 2 regens
    He only has 2 regens

He can get a random one from his sig that is 1 per tic
    He can get a random one from his sig that is 100 per tic (for my venompool)
    He can get one from consuming buffs on his sp1

He has 3
    He only has 2 regens

ocg4nguhdkxg.jpeg

To quote you, “please inform yourself before u post.”
  • Rogue42Rogue42 Posts: 1,006 ★★★
    Hit categories, go to News & Announcements, the very last discussion there has all the old champion profiles.
  • Rogue42Rogue42 Posts: 1,006 ★★★
    Or check out this thread from a couple of weeks ago where the exact same thing was discussed.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/310237#Comment_310237
    edited March 2018
    @BitterSteel so u decided to do all that and it only says a regen from his L1 and has a chance of another regen which I have acknowledged of being only 1 a tick. U wasted your time. Please show me a video of this “wolverine type regen” I’ve had this champ longer than u have been playing eli81xxvvs9b.png
    9g9rznnc5c8w.png
    4qpcwqox2hjq.png
    s976dd21rca2.png
    You know what forget about it. I’ll let u keep thinking he does cuz u know what it doesn’t matter. His sig regen sucks
    @NastyEfnNate
    I mean I find it hard to believe you’ve had this champ longer than I’ve been playing as I’ve been playing since the game launched and venompool was introduced way after that. So that’s the first time you’re wrong.

Second time you’re wrong is that venompool does have that regen.

https://youtu.be/qZrcW0Gif6I

Go to 1.43 in this video and you’ll see that venompool randomly gets a regen buff that heals 16k damage per tic in LoL. You’ll notice it wasn’t a permanent one and would expire, hmm that’s exactly what I said venompool gets. I guess I was right. But you may say, well that’s just LoL, it’s probably his enigmatic ability. But here, below, is his enigmatic ability

93voo1x2u1vm.jpeg

And you’ll notice that in the first video, storm cannot trigger regen so it can’t be a buff copied.

You may well still not believe me, and that’s ok. I don’t expect you to admit you’re wrong. That would take a different caliber of person. But I will prove you’re wrong.

Now look at this video and go to 4.50
    https://youtu.be/F40gO1ksSf4

You’ll see that venompool gains a random regen buff before using his sp1, without using his sp1. So I guess that means you’re wrong.

inxz2ca39ndb.png

Here is venompool regen before he used his sp1. Go watch the videos and decide whether you’ll admit you’re wrong.
    “Please inform yourself before u post”
    Please show me a video of this “wolverine type regen”
    I just did, but you apparently are ignoring it...
    @NastyEfnNate did you see my post or are you just ignoring the proof that you were blatantly wrong and then ignorant and rude about it? I don’t care that you’re wrong. Everyone is wrong at times, even me (maybe even especially me) but you treat everyone on the forum with such contempt and rudeness that I needed to show you how wrong you were.

Prove me wrong.