**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Huh I thought you could leave and still get rewards

Comments

• ElsaEternalElsaEternal Posts: 97
    I was just coming here to ask the same thing... @mods?
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    You have to finish 5 Wars with whatever Alliance you're in to receive Rewards. Naturally if you leave an Alliance you don't get the same Rewards they will at the end of the Season. Otherwise people would just hop from Ally to Ally.
  • SvainSvain Posts: 453 ★★
    Surprise!
  • beyonder8421beyonder8421 Posts: 881 ★★★
    How is this a surprise?
  • penvro56378penvro56378 Posts: 186
    So I was under the impression that after 5 wars you are able to receive these rewards am I wrong @mods
    It's an alliance reward, why would you get the rewards if you leave?
    That doesn't make sense.
  • VêNDëTTåVêNDëTTå Posts: 58
    ido74ocf0mdx.png
  • VêNDëTTåVêNDëTTå Posts: 58
    Mine still says the same 😁
  • OrdalcaOrdalca Posts: 543 ★★★
    edited March 2018
    I think it might be that we're now 5 wars into the season, so instead of "You need to complete 5 wars" it's "You have completed 5 wars, stay in this alliance for your rewards"

EDIT: But with Feb 7 as the start, we've had like 10 wars now...
  • Cpt9ToesCpt9Toes Posts: 32
    There are only four wars left after the current one ends.
  • Neal2158Neal2158 Posts: 53
    Only 4 left if you only run 1 a week, 12 left if you run 3 a week like mostmozt of us.
  • ThebgjThebgj Posts: 635 ★★
    edited March 2018
    @Cpt9Toes

30 days left in the season, how does that equal 4 wars ?
  • ZzyzxGuyZzyzxGuy Posts: 1,292 ★★★
    This sign accurately describes the situation.

k5zwgnkog70n.jpg
  • Cpt9ToesCpt9Toes Posts: 32
    They run war from Wed through Mon. So, that is one War. That only leaves four left. It’s not the individual battles, it is the sessions, for lack of a better term.

I agree that the phrasing is off, but this follows Kabam logic.
    Were people expecting to claim multiple rewards from multiple alliances? This is the same logic they apply to SA rewards. Not sure why people thought it was possible to claim alliance rewards without being in an alliance :no_mouth:
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    edited March 2018
    Cpt9Toes wrote: »
    They run war from Wed through Mon. So, that is one War. That only leaves four left. It’s not the individual battles, it is the sessions, for lack of a better term.

I feel dumber for having read that.

You have to complete 5 wars with the alliance you end the season with. This is reset if you leave, even if you return to an alliance you were previously with. If the ally has run 8 wars and you were there for only 3, the alliance will get rewards and you won't.

Your ally can run up to 3 wars per week, but you may not necessarily participate in any of them (i.e. only 2 battle groups and you sit out).

Alliances who wish to end the season with the best rewards are running 3x per week with 3 battlegroups. Anything less will put your ally at a disadvantage and possibly drop a rewards tier.

Rewards tiers are independent of war tiers. War tiers are per the old win/loss system.

Rewards tiers are based on how many points your ally earns in each war. Your war tier provides a multiplier for the points your alliance earns in each war and apply to the war upon completion. Your war tier can change multiple times in a season.

This is all at the ALLIANCE level. The only thing that YOU get is if you've been with the ally for at least 5 wars when the season ends. If YOU did not participate in 5 wars and your alliance gets rewards you will receive nothing.

For example, you are in an alliance that is in War Tier 4. You fight another ally in Tier 4 and win 142k to 140k. Your ally is granted 50k bonus points for the win (now 192k points). Because you're in war Tier 4, your ally is granted a 4x multiplier for the points (768k points) and they are added to your season total. After 8 wars, your alliance has accumulated enough points to be Gold Tier 1. Season ends, alliance gets Gold Tier 1 rewards. You get rewards if you were in at least 5 of those 8 (assuming you stayed the whole time).
  • LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    It just means you’ve now qualified for season rewards with your current ally and you have to stay with them until the end to receive those rewards.

There has never been an event where you could leave early and still get rewards. Wouldn’t make any sense, players would abuse that so fast.
  • penvro56378penvro56378 Posts: 186
    Oh I thought it meant that if I left I would lose rewards no matter if I did 5 wars in the new allience thanks guys
  • klobberintymeklobberintyme Posts: 1,403 ★★★
    what every alliance above silver tier should do is close their alliance the week before the end of the season so you don't get freeloaders hopping on the bandwagon for the last 6 wars
  • BUNGALNGALBUNGALNGAL Posts: 110
    what every alliance above silver tier should do is close their alliance the week before the end of the season so you don't get freeloaders hopping on the bandwagon for the last 6 wars
    you can run wars 6 times a week? what alliance are you in? lol

• AxeCopFireAxeCopFire Posts: 1,115 ★★★
    Cpt9Toes wrote: »

I think the only logic this follows is the logic of a fevered dream you had after imbibing an unspecified chemical.

1 war is 1 war. 1 placement phase, 1 attack phase. No where was it ever implied that 1 war is 3 wars.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    Oh I thought it meant that if I left I would lose rewards no matter if I did 5 wars in the new allience thanks guys

Technically I believe that's what it means. Given the fact that the server gives out Rewards the same way for SA and AQ, you'll most likely have to be in the Ally when the Season Rewards are given. You can't do 5 Wars in one Ally and then do another 5 in the next and collect both Rewards. Whatever Ally you're in when the Rewards are given is the one you may or may not qualify for.