**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

The evade bug is back?!

I was fighting aw tier 9, Night crawler on stun immune node
The fight started off and it looked easy but then when I would hit him with light attacks and in mid combo he evaded (not a big deal, this is what he is suppose to do) he intercepted my attack while I was still punching him.
I then dueled a 4/40 Night crawler and I got the same results, I fought again and again and I’ve concluded that the bug is back
I also have a small clip of it

Comments

• Options
    StewmanStewman Posts: 735 ★★★
    This doesn't sound like the evade bug.
  • Options
    Here it is
  • Options
    Stewman wrote: »
    This doesn't sound like the evade bug.
    Just watch the clip, NC has become more hard to fight, I should be able to hit him in this clip

• Options
    StewmanStewman Posts: 735 ★★★
    I will have to look at it later. Videos are blocked at my work
  • Options
    Tell me if this doesn’t look like a bug
  • Options
    LordBaldyBaldLordBaldyBald Posts: 265
    That’s what you call the evade bug? Because that never got fixed. Nightcrawler, Ultron, Quake, Black widow, all the spiders, agent venom with weird tenacity quirks, and sometimes red hulk all do that and have always done that and it won’t be fixed. If you control the champ and they passive evade, it works like an evade. You dodge the attack but you are far back and you have to accept that the tradeoff for avoiding damage is you can’t attack. That’s how it’s SUPPOSED to be. But when the AI does it, the algorithm for attacking you when you miss an attack overrides the frame animation that’s supposed to render them unable to counter for evading. So pretty much everyone with an evade gets an invulnerable counterpunch effect when they evade unless the game lets you punch really fast cuz if you try to use a special soon as they evade to outsmart them, not only do they have time to attack you but also to somehow block, dodge, or evade again conveniently.
  • Options
    This is why I quit once I got to the final 3 paths on the Webslinger Challenge. The AI controlled evades are the most infuriating thing. Well they were before the game’s frame rate just starting degenerating over time. It’s ironic since that’s this game’s favorite debuff to put on nodes.
  • Options
    @LordNegrotron ur right but, I’ve fought many times against NC and other evade champs, this doesn’t happen, let’s see what kabam has to say about this
  • Options
    Agent_Moon wrote: »
    @LordNegrotron ur right but, I’ve fought many times against NC and other evade champs, this doesn’t happen, let’s see what kabam has to say about this

It’s weird because sometimes you can punch through it but most you can’t. Also, sometimes ability accuracy reduction just won’t even affect the chance of evade.
  • Options
    MattScottMattScott Posts: 587 ★★
    The evade bug has NEVER left. It’s has never been fixed, never remedied, never even improved despite being told in every update that it has.
  • Options
    Well thanks for ur opinions, and yes sometimes u can punch through, when the opponent is evading
  • Options
    AxeCopFireAxeCopFire Posts: 1,115 ★★★
    This is absolutely not the evade bug. The evade bug was when they hit you at the exact same time as they evaded.
  • Options
    @AxeCopFire , this might be a little different, have u seen the screenshot, it clearly was too fast and I was hitting NC first but still I got hit.
  • Options
    AxeCopFire wrote: »
    This is absolutely not the evade bug. The evade bug was when they hit you at the exact same time as they evaded.

Which I can admit, there is slightly more delay to when they can do this now compared to before. Not always enough a delay for a human to react, but it does exist.
  • Options
    So let’s now wait for kabam
  • Options
    AxeCopFireAxeCopFire Posts: 1,115 ★★★
    They evade bug didn't even have any attack animation to it. They just evaded and as they moved backwards you took damage.
  • Options
    @AxeCopFire so I’m saying it is a different type of bug
    Let’s call it “Evade bug V.0.8”
  • Options
    LoPrestiLoPresti Posts: 1,035 ★★★
    edited March 2018
    lmao, "Evade bug". Bro, you're just mashing attacks. The evade bug is when he evades 1 attack and INSTANTLY attacks without leaving you room to block.

What happens in this video is that he evades 1 attack, you attack again and that attack gets countered. If you didn't do that last kick, you could've blocked the attack just fine.

No evade bug here, it's normal behavior. Hit slower next time and react to the evade. It gives you enough time to block. It's not easy, but it's intended.
  • Options
    Agent_MoonAgent_Moon Posts: 49
    edited March 2018
    @LoPresti I could only send this clip, but in the entire fight this happened many times, and when u light attack at the enemy, it should be fine. I’ve fought with NC many times, maybe the delay time was shortened for the time to hit after an evade.
    Or another thing is that kabam might have made that the slightest miss timing of u hitting ur opponent and then they evade it and can quickly counter u before u can do the next light attack. This mechanic might have been made more sensitive or something else, as my alliance mates are also telling it’s harder to fight NC
    If any of u give tips to defeat this guy it would be appreciated.
  • Options
    WildpantsWildpants Posts: 148
    This is not an Evade Bug, you used an extra kick there. He evaded your punch and that's where you need to stop, instead, you kicked which was countered. While it's not an evade bug, it's part of the "AI recovering too fast" problem. With more experience, you can deal with NC but yea since it's never getting fixed just try to slow down your hits. Also, standard NC fighting practice is to parry, double medium, parry unless he is stun immune. If he is stun immune then you never actually try to hit him, instead, you need to try and switch his mode.
  • Options
    MattScottMattScott Posts: 587 ★★
    kushstar88 wrote: »
    the evade bug never left buddy

This right here.

However OP is not that. But the bug, has never ever left. Not even for a minute.
  • Options
    I tested ur theories and I did what some of u said, I was fighting spider man map 4 first phase middle path with my punisher 2099 and when he evaded while I was hitting him with a light attack and then he countered me even when I slowed down my next punch.
    I don’t have a recording but this definitely is a bug of the A.I countering through ur punch when u counter them.
  • Options
    @My_Superior I got know that already but I did this again against spider man and it happened
  • Options
    Why don’t u test this