**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

People crying gold problem??

Comments

• BahamutBahamut Posts: 2,307 ★★★★
    Why people don't buy gold crystal if they have gold shortage? Why do they want free gold from gold realm?

Because A: the drops from gold crystals are shid, and B: those are units, you COULDVE spent on mastery cores or revives
  • ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    Gwendoline wrote: »
    Everyone has to have a bottleneck. Some thing needs to limit you otherwise everyone would have every single champ at max rank. What your limiting resource is depends on how you play the game.

I agree with you completely, but it seems backwards to me to be overflowing with rare catalysts that can potentially expire and be limited by a gold...

I'm not saying we should all be walking around with tens of millions of gold all the time but it just seems like an artificial shortage compared to catalysts.
  • DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    Arena people..hate to say it but it's the answer. I'm 700k plus account with 19 million gold...it sucks to do but doesn't change the answer.
  • Blax4everBlax4ever Posts: 683 ★★★
    @Gwendoline

That’s fantastic but imagine how you would feel if Kabam asked for a T1A to do AQ Maps. Gold and Battle Chips are different from Catalyst in the fact that Alliances need them to continue playing the game.

I’ve been grinding the arena the last 3 weeks because I have time but that’s not always the case some weeks I can only do AQ and AW. The issue from most players is not that they don’t want to do arenas for resources but that they don’t always have time.

There needs to be another way to accumulate gold
  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,870 ★★★★★
    Blax4ever wrote: »
    I think there are enough post on this topic for you to understand why people are complaining.

There are also plenty of ways for players to get gold, so there is nothing to understand about people complaining.

Just refusing to put time into the game to earn gold.
  • Romario26Romario26 Posts: 97
    I think there are enough post on this topic for you to understand why people are complaining.

There are also plenty of ways for players to get gold, so there is nothing to understand about people complaining.

I saw you complained about increase in rewards from events 😂 I don’t know how this is much different 😂
  • Blax4everBlax4ever Posts: 683 ★★★

People are quitting the game, if something doesn’t change this smart phone game will cease to exist.

People aren’t refusing to put the time in, they don’t have the time. People like myself who buy the deals purchase units, because we have jobs are saying that gold is an issue.

If Kabam wants to cater to the players who live in their parents basement and can play around in the Arena every two hours just to get gold to stay in Alliance then the game will die from being choked to death.

They’ve gotten plenty of suggestions and have yet to do anything or explain anything to the community. So as I said people are quitting and that doesn’t benefit anyone.
  • beyonder8421beyonder8421 Posts: 881 ★★★
    Bozo wrote: »
    What I don’t understand is all arenas yeild the same rewards for winning the three fights. It should scale up the higher tier the arena is.

This is not true. The rewards for the series is always the same, but the rewards per fight are not. That is why you should always fight high tiers to optimize time.
    Doing the 4 * basic arena will most likely make you lose gold if you fight 3 stars (as there is no gold gain in that arena). So in that scenario, you will make more gold in the 3* arena than in the 4* basic arena. Check my link on the previous comment.
    Romario26 wrote: »

I saw you complained about increase in rewards from events 😂 I don’t know how this is much different 😂

Wait... I’m confused?

I complained because they increased the rewards for an event? When? Show me.

Wait... I’m confused?

116ll7pvazyx.png

That seems like complaining to me 😂 funny thing is that you would rather them increase rewards for these events that doesn’t even reward things people need. Gold is used to do arena, rank up, level up, donations, redo masteries and so on.. but you rather ask for better rewards in solo event 😂

Wait... I’m confused?

116ll7pvazyx.png

That seems like complaining to me 😂 funny thing is that you would rather them increase rewards for these events that doesn’t even reward things people need. Gold is used to do arena, rank up, level up, donations, redo masteries and so on.. but you rather ask for better rewards in solo event 😂

That is not what you are saying
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    I do agree that the reward system as a whole needs to be updated to match the introduction of 5* and 6* champs.

That being said, every player has a bottle neck of some kind. For me, it's cats but if I got more cats then it would be gold, then if I got more gold I'd run out of champs worthy of ranking up.

So, I do a mix of arenas (grind for 3* and 4* basic milestones) and am very selective on who I rank up. I don't rank up everyone I get, nor do I necessarily rank up champs just because I have the cats to do it. Because of this, I'm frequently selling ISO about to expire and am slowly able to build up gold reserves.
    Dexman1349 wrote: »
    I do agree that the reward system as a whole needs to be updated to match the introduction of 5* and 6* champs.

That being said, every player has a bottle neck of some kind. For me, it's cats but if I got more cats then it would be gold, then if I got more gold I'd run out of champs worthy of ranking up.

So, I do a mix of arenas (grind for 3* and 4* basic milestones) and am very selective on who I rank up. I don't rank up everyone I get, nor do I necessarily rank up champs just because I have the cats to do it. Because of this, I'm frequently selling ISO about to expire and am slowly able to build up gold reserves.

I am saving 580k gold to do one rank up. But I will need to level that champion to 65 after that. Looks like I will not be joining an alliance any time soon.
  • axelelf_1axelelf_1 Posts: 775 ★★★
    Snaggle wrote: »
    Batman05 wrote: »
    The arenas will provide more gold than you can use

dmm0d3zttf43.png

Someone doesn't have a job.

Or even a pet hamster to take care of.
  • AgentDoom9AgentDoom9 Posts: 263 ★★
    I even buy gold crystals with glory and I have 4 science t4 expiring cause after ranking my blade only to 3/45 I’m broke.

Wait... I’m confused?

116ll7pvazyx.png

But that’s completely different, people moaning for gold don’t really have a leg to stand on, because AQ gives gold, War gives gold, arena gives gold, quests do and even a gold crystal.

My point was that rewards for the solo events are seriously outdated, and there is no urge to want to do them.

I mean how much gold do you guys want per fight in a quest? 3k? Do some arena and open arena crystals, the gold racks up. Or just stop upgrading a new champ everyday and then when the gold is all gone, complain about it.

Also my post wasn’t about solo events on their own, it was about all events which haven’t been looked at for ages.
    edited March 2018
    I do not think you are understanding what we are saying. If we could rank up a champion every day, it would mean we can save for a good rank up. We are saying we cannot get enough gold to rank up at all.

And let's be clear, I am talking about 5 stars, above rank 2.
  • NekrosonarNekrosonar Posts: 34
    These arena dudes are just annoying AF. Yeah because we all have time to sit down and grind arena all-day like you right!? Dead!
  • Batman05Batman05 Posts: 351 ★★

dmm0d3zttf43.png

I just do around 200 streak every arena. It's real easy

edited March 2018

dmm0d3zttf43.png

Ok, we need to replicate your lifestyle. So please tell us what we have to do to make 200 streak on every arena every 3 days.

1) How many hours do you work?
    2) Do you have significant others?
    3) Do you own a pet?
    4) Do you study? part-time or full-time?
    5) Do you commute to work?
    6) Do you play sports?
    7) Do you have hobbies that do not require playing MCOC?

Thanks in advance!
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,554 Guardian
    Shrimkins wrote: »
    Gwendoline wrote: »
    Everyone has to have a bottleneck. Some thing needs to limit you otherwise everyone would have every single champ at max rank. What your limiting resource is depends on how you play the game.

I agree with you completely, but it seems backwards to me to be overflowing with rare catalysts that can potentially expire and be limited by a gold...

I'm not saying we should all be walking around with tens of millions of gold all the time but it just seems like an artificial shortage compared to catalysts.

There were other players that were equally convinced that the T4CC shortage was completely unreasonable because it was ridiculous to have all these champions and tons of expiring ISO but be unable to upgrade 4* champions to rank 5 because that then made all progress in the game pointless. And there are currently people who feel that the T1 Alpha bottleneck is also completely ludicrous. For every resource there is a strong contingent of players that think it is completely ludicrous for that specific thing to be the bottleneck resource.

That doesn't mean necessarily that all bottlenecks are equally fine or that there is no such thing as a resource design error. It simply means that having a contingent of players that think the current one is silly isn't convincing on its own.
  • tutyimutyitutyimutyi Posts: 326
    We are not moaning for more gold.the rewards are really low,even if i grind arena really hard.we are ranking up 5 and 6* heroes now,not 4 stars.huge difference.the other thing is that,i am not gonna grind the extremely boring arena 10 hours/day,just to have enough gold.there is a life outside of this game.kabam has to change too many things,otherwise they will loose too many customers.i think,they lost enough already.of course,the arena zombies are keep grinding.i do not mind.
  • AddyosAddyos Posts: 1,090 ★★★★

dmm0d3zttf43.png

Ok, we need to replicate your lifestyle. So please tell us what we have to do to make 200 streak on every arena every 3 days.

3) Do you own a pet?
    6) Do you play sports?

Thanks in advance!

Can't speak for Batman, and I definitely don't make a 200 streak in every arena, but I will bite.
    1) 8 hours/ day.
    2) Wife and 2 small kids
    3) Yes. One dog.
    4) No
    5) Yes. I am a field officer so I also commute long distances to reach my destinations.
    5) Yes. With my kids.
    6) Yes. Stargazing, watching TV (especially Marvel movies)

Yet I don't have a shortage of gold. Heck I donated 700k gold to my last ally before leaving. No joke. I'm not overflowing in it as ranking up 2 5*s to r4 made a big dent to my stash (under 4 million now) but I play arenas in my spare time and utilize resource management. I don't rank up every single 5* beyond r2, only a few. I sell expiring ISO for gold. I have over 1 million BC and over 200 gold crystals I earned from various events.

So when I see threads like these I shake my head, as they sometimes have the tendency to come off as a lot of whining and moaning from lazy players. I said sometimes as I agree that with the increased availability of 5*s, the need for gold is more profound for some and the existing means to get gold is too small to meet rank up needs.

But I'm in the minority here in that I dont have a gold problem. I just find the time to be active in the game, including arena. I have benefited from Gold realms and Halls of Fortune and will gladly welcome them back should Kabam feel generous to do so, but arenas are still the best source of gold (as well as BC and units) and I choose to put my head down and grind away.

Just my two cents as an arena grinder. Feel free to keep the change lol.
    Addyos wrote: »

dmm0d3zttf43.png

3) Do you own a pet?
    6) Do you play sports?

Thanks in advance!

Can't speak for Batman, and I definitely don't make a 200 streak in every arena, but I will bite.
    1) 8 hours/ day.
    2) Wife and 2 small kids
    3) Yes. One dog.
    4) No
    5) Yes. I am a field officer so I also commute long distances to reach my destinations.
    5) Yes. With my kids.
    6) Yes. Stargazing, watching TV (especially Marvel movies)

Yet I don't have a shortage of gold. Heck I donated 700k gold to my last ally before leaving. No joke. I'm not overflowing in it as ranking up 2 5*s to r4 made a big dent to my stash (under 4 million now) but I play arenas in my spare time and utilize resource management. I don't rank up every single 5* beyond r2, only a few. I sell expiring ISO for gold. I have over 1 million BC and over 200 gold crystals I earned from various events.

So when I see threads like these I shake my head, as they sometimes have the tendency to come off as a lot of whining and moaning from lazy players. I said sometimes as I agree that with the increased availability of 5*s, the need for gold is more profound for some and the existing means to get gold is too small to meet rank up needs.

But I'm in the minority here in that I dont have a gold problem. I just find the time to be active in the game, including arena. I have benefited from Gold realms and Halls of Fortune and will gladly welcome them back should Kabam feel generous to do so, but arenas are still the best source of gold (as well as BC and units) and I choose to put my head down and grind away.

Just my two cents as an arena grinder. Feel free to keep the change lol.

Believe it or not this is useful information. But We still need to know how much time do you spend on arenas. And which arenas do you play. (Not counting catalyst arenas).

The other question would be... what kind of content are you facing that you are not ranking up 5 stars? Or have you ranked up more than 2 to rank 4 in the past?
    No job here
    No wife or kids
    No pets
    No studying
    No working
    No sports
    Other hobby is listening to music
    😂
    I got 9 5* at R1 and some not even level up cause of gold shortage. I sell all iso, boosts, duel credits, t1,t2 and t3 cats for gold I normally play arena, hell in the past 5 5* arena I put up 26mil in total and 4* basic, 5.1mil.. keep in mind I don’t rank or level and sell all resources I can to get gold. And I’m not even donating gold to play AQ.. I just got back over 1 mil gold.. how do I have a gold problem? Hell, the iso gained from duping a 5* isn’t even enough to gold when sold to level up a R1 5* 😂
    No job here
    No wife or kids
    No pets
    No studying
    No working
    No sports
    Other hobby is listening to music
    😂
    I got 9 5* at R1 and some not even level up cause of gold shortage. I sell all iso, boosts, duel credits, t1,t2 and t3 cats for gold I normally play arena, hell in the past 5 5* arena I put up 26mil in total and 4* basic, 5.1mil.. keep in mind I don’t rank or level and sell all resources I can to get gold. And I’m not even donating gold to play AQ.. I just got back over 1 mil gold.. how do I have a gold problem? Hell, the iso gained from duping a 5* isn’t even enough to gold when sold to level up a R1 5* 😂

That's a strange situation. Probably doing the basic arena is not a good idea as you can end up losing gold, depending on the opponents you face. Are you uncollected? Do you open regular arena crystals?