**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

New drop rates display

@Kabam Miike for the crystals where there is a featured champion (i.e. the crystal with jane foster), will the drop rates on be displaying the chance for each star rating of champion, or while it also display the chance to get that champion at each of the specific ratings? (I can see how this will end up confusing for people but puting the overall chance for the featured champ in parenthesis next to each star rating might help). And just adding a suggestion, let everyone know once again before the update that the drop chances lower every time a new champion is added to the crystal roster and that at some point, regular crystals will end up with a 1% drop chance for each champion.

Comments

• Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    It'll be interesting if they include drop rate per champion, but as far as the ss goes, the phc won't have that, I'd assume the other crystals won't either.
  • mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★
    See Kabam was that so terrible adding that info after all?
  • shchong2shchong2 Posts: 2,419 ★★★★
    Sadly, PHC has nothing more than the rate that many already know
    ewhezyx7ihm2.png

We likely won't be seeing Kabam adding Champion specific drop-rate in another 500 years ... :(
    Don't get me wrong, I would like to see what's the % to get Hyperion, Starky, Blade, etc ... but as long as it is NOT a requirement from Apple or any other fruitti-tutti company, Kabam will certainly be happy to display nothing
  • shchong2shchong2 Posts: 2,419 ★★★★
    This is excellent, finally put to the rest of all the naysayers claiming they don't need to follow Apple's rules and claiming their theory of the in-game currency vs actual cash purchase. Glad that this is settled once for all. totally agree with @BitterSteel this is a great improvement on transparency! Kudos!
  • BosleyBosley Posts: 240 ★★★
    edited March 2018
    @Kabam Miike So, what does this mean? Please elaborate...

"The rates you see are set in the back-end and directly display the drop rates of the crystal. This means that there is no room for human error and you are getting the most accurate information."
    Dexman1349 wrote: »
    Shame they waited until after the 5* Blade featured crystal is done to do this.

I'm guessing it has something to do with the new featured crystal. In the new featured crystal, its a limited pool, but everyone has the same odds. whereas the blade crystal a hero had specific odds
    Bosley wrote: »
    @Kabam Miike So, what does this mean? Please elaborate...

"The rates you see are set in the back-end and directly display the drop rates of the crystal. This means that there is no room for human error and you are getting the most accurate information."

It means it pulls the numbers directly from coding as opposed to the coding saying one thing, and the display saying another.
  • Jason7680Jason7680 Posts: 15
    Are you going display basic 5 * crystal rates on old heros? Why do I keep getting cyclops and storm with 90 champs in the crystal? Rigged!
  • IAmNotUrMomIAmNotUrMom Posts: 648 ★★★
    Jason7680 wrote: »
    Are you going display basic 5 * crystal rates on old heros? Why do I keep getting cyclops and storm with 90 champs in the crystal? Rigged!

Equal opportunity, guess you just have no luck.
  • Jason7680Jason7680 Posts: 15
    Luck??? Gtfo! What are the chances of me getting 3 storms and 3 cyclops with 90 other characters in the crystal?
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    The same chances of pulling 4-of-a-kind in Poker. It's rare, but does happen.
  • 420sam420sam Posts: 526 ★★★
    Luck??? Gtfo! What are the chances of me getting 3 storms and 3 cyclops with 90 other characters in the crystal?

Using your 90 champs the probability would be 2.22% that you would pull a Storm or a Cyclops. The probability is the same unfortunately regardless of how many crystals you open. Enjoy that god tier Cyclops though. He keeps eluding me.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

The same as you getting 3 archangel’s and 3 gwenpools.

Also the same as you getting ant man, winter soldier, medusa, gwenpool, vulture and yondu

Also the same as you getting literally any combination of non-feature champs. That’s how probability works.
  • ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    I can't wait for all the "I opened 50 phcs and didn't get a 4* fu kabam" posts.
  • 420sam420sam Posts: 526 ★★★
    Shrimkins wrote: »

Miike did a pretty good job covering for that in the main thread. I know it is inevitable, but should be fun to watch.
  • Underpar69Underpar69 Posts: 85
    What I would like displayed @Kabam Miike is the negative drop rate change for longterm players vs short term players to pull newly released champs in five star crystal.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,192 ★★★★★
    There is none.
  • JimmyJohnJonesJimmyJohnJones Posts: 81
    @Kabam Miike will the rates be displayed for the shards versions of crystals as well or are we to assume it's the same rates?
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,862 ★★★★★

Would you be saying that if you got say Archangel or Blade? Would it be rigged then or would you not be complaining then? It's rigged if you don't get what YOU want vs it's working as intended when you get what YOU want. Can't have it both ways.
    @Kabam Miike will the rates be displayed for the shards versions of crystals as well or are we to assume it's the same rates?

Why would Shard Crystals be any different?

Yes. It's not how RNG works. It doesn't mean someone is guaranteed 2/100 if there is a 2% chance. These numbers are pretty consistent with what we've already been able to gather over the years.

Yes. It's not how RNG works. It doesn't mean someone is guaranteed 2/100 if there is a 2% chance. These numbers are pretty consistent with what we've already been able to gather over the years.

aren’t you just reiterating what everyone else is saying?

I'm going to enjoy my coffee, rather than play Scrabble with you.
This discussion has been closed.