**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Kabam really screwed up with the synergies - tweak those rather than nerf any champs

Blade is hands down the best champ for AW, even unduped. His danger sense lets him the only champ who can easily make mincemeat out of Mephisto, Magik, and Dormammu - 3 of the hardest and most popular defenders. On top of that, because he is a skill champ, he has a class advantage against the science champs (Classic SM, SM MM, Rhino, Electro, Hulk, etc.) who are also heavily seen in AW. This alone makes him the AW MVP.

Kabam decides to give him a synergy that allows his danger sense to apply to ALL villains - including those like Ultron who he would normally struggle against. Whereas Medusa's gamebreakinig synergy requires the pedestrian Black Bolt to be in her team (which is tradeoff - great synergy but average champ) Blade gets this synergy bonus from......Ghost Rider! Ghost Rider is one of the top champs in the entire game. Behind Dr. Voodoo he may be the most versatile and best mystic champ even! (many even prefer him to DV). This is a mind-blowing decision. Give him a synergy with a lower mystic so there is a tradeoff, not this...

But, it gets even worse - add Stark SM to the team and Blade gets a 45% bonus to his danger sense (which applies to ALL villains.- who happen to make most of the top defenders). Stark SM is probably the 2nd best champion in the entire game behind Blade. This is mind-blowing. You have HUGE synergy bonuses for using blade with 2 of the top champs in the game. There is literally no reason not to have a team of GR, Blade, and SM in every single AW attack.

But wait --- it gets even worse. Blade is at a class disadvantage against Mutants, and ones likes nightcrawler, Cable and maybe Bishop do well against him - but they are at a class disadvantage and get wrecked by Stark SM. Stark SM is at a class disadvantage against Hyperion - but Hyperion is at a class disadvantage against GR. GR is at a class disadvantage against SM, but Blade has the class advantage. But having them spaced out 2 classes apart in the cycle - they'll never be at a class disadvantage without having a corresponding advantage.

Kabam screwed up royally because now almost all of the top players are using this Blade, SM, and GR team, and there will no reason to change until all are available in 6 star a year from now. Worse still for Kabam, none of these champs need to even be awakened to dominate, and Blade is the only one who gains significant abilities as a result of awakening.

So while Kabam is enjoying the massive Blade spending now - in time it will do the opposite and halt spending as the Blade/Stark SM/GR trinity marches on. What does this mean? A possible Nerf, but it'd be better and fairer to simply nerf the synergies which were so poorly thought out in the first place

Comments

• phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,675 ★★★★★
    I don't think they will nerf but I also believe these will not be available in 6* along with a few others.

• mahanmaxmahanmax Posts: 87
    Blade doesn’t need to be nerfed we need good champions but the synergy does. Like you said it’s messing up the game in many ways.
    If you enjoy dominating almost everything using Blade + Ghost Rider you can leave now
  • Zeke_the_XbotZeke_the_Xbot Posts: 325 ★★
    So complaint much sadness and wow
    The truth is if it’s okay for Ghost Rider to activite all abilities at 100% the why did they nerf Black Widow?
  • Has Kabam announced a nerf? Seems like people are always putting the cart in front of the horse.
    They are using this Blade dude making money now so hell no way they will nerf it
  • Mmx1991Mmx1991 Posts: 674 ★★★★
    Good riddance to Mystics wars and MD!

Dorm
    Mephisto
    Magik
    Modok...

These villains are nonsense to begin with and you should be grateful that Blade is here to counter them.

You guys have a fetish for Limbo or something???
  • BobomanBoboman Posts: 716 ★★
    Come on Cyclops is why better then Blade
  • EchEch Posts: 14

Well SW was to OP, u only needed her and a crit team and you could clear almost every end game content, even with a 3*.. and Thor could wreck ROL WS within 10 hits without crit team.. that’s why.. not that i didn’t enjoy them, but i can see why they changed those two.. (even though stun immune was a great counter against Thor, we don’t want every node to be stun immune do we?) the one that i still don’t get is DrStrange nerf..
    ViperKingV wrote: »
    They won’t nerf Blade, but new champs and new content will be designed to counter Blades abilities. For now his dominance over most of the current Top Tier Defenders in AW is a huge money maker for Kabam. They have made a ton of money from Crystal sales and 5* Shard offers etc because almost every player that’s in an AW competitive Alliance are convinced they nerf him.
    In 2 weeks when every AW BG has 4 Blades on Attack, players will need to find new AW defenders. All of those Mystic, Science, Villain Defenders ,that we ranked up will, will need to be replaced. Since there aren’t many effective Blade defenders currently in the game, any new release of a Blade Resistant Champ will be the next “must have champion”, for any alliance competing for the AW season Prizes.
    When Kabam nerfed DS, SW, Thor & BW, Miike and Adora Told Players it had to be done for the good of the game. They said that those 4 Champs were too OP, and They wanted to flatten the power curve, so that players didn’t use the same 4-5 champions for every event.
    Miike & Adora in less than a year there are only a handful of champs that are used on AW/AQ Attk teams and Quests. So what happened to flattening the Power Curve?
    As for OP, Can you really make an argument that a 5* Blade, AA, Spidey Stark, medusa, etc are less OP than DS or SW before they were nerfed? I’ve heard arguments that as long as there are a couple of champs that can counter someone, they aren’t OP.
    I would argue that there were more champs pre 12.0, that could counter DS & SW, BW, than there are now that can counter Blade GR SES, Even with the assistance of AW defense Nodes there aren’t any reliable Defenders that can stop a Blade Team.
    If anyone can make a reasonable argument that Kabam has flattened the Power Curve, and that there isn’t a new God Tier that we see on the profiles of top 25% of players, I’d like to read it.

The benefits Blade receives from synergy is powerful but OK the problem is Ghost Rider. All these utilities 100% activation is too powerful. If Kabam allows this they should bring back Black Widow back to 100% defensive ability accuracy reduction.
  • demeddemed Posts: 81
    Also please nerf void. He makes so easy fighting any regen (e.g. node 24) AND evading champs AND also mephisto, hyperion and mordo
  • gohard123gohard123 Posts: 998 ★★★
    edited February 2018
    So you are saying
    - that a champion should only have amazing unique synergy if the other champions are "pedestrians" as you say?
    - the unique synergies must contain "pedestrians" who do not have class advantage over the opponents of the main champion?
    - that we should always have a diverse attack team but never a diverse defence? so the mystic wars must continue because dormmamu, mephisto and magik are now "mincemeat"?

wow those are very constrained parameters
  • DoctorofEvilDoctorofEvil Posts: 217
    Gohard123 - my theory (that a lot of games use) is that you take a god-tier champion and combine it with a lesser champion to bolster that god-tier champ. That way there is a trade-off - you have to decide if you want to elite attackers or if you want to boost your elite attacker to the next level. That's where the strategy comes into play.

Saying: Hey - let's just take the best 2 attackers in the entire game (blade, SS) and give them an amazing synergy together. Then, let's take another top 10 god-tier champs (GR) and turn blade into a poor man's Scarlet Witch pre 12.0. (not quite, but close....)

To me this seems very silly. Would have been much better to have a mystic like Guillotine do that instead of GR - she is 1-2 tiers down from GR and including her in your AW would be having to use a less powerful mystic in order to make Stark SM and Blade more powerful. To me this is interesting - not simply "let's take the best champs and make them make each other better."

And BTW - my current AW lineup is a 4 star blade, five star GR and four star Stark SM - so I use this strategy myself (I'm not an idiot. A four star blade with these 2 is better than a five star GP or AA as far as I am concerned). I just think it was a bad idea.
  • DoctorofEvilDoctorofEvil Posts: 217
    Here is another question: What champ will challenge a team of GR, Blade, and Stark SM?

Dormammu, Mephisto and Magik are 3 of the top defenders - all are wrecked by Blade's danger sense, as are mordo and juggernaut

Spiderman (classic), SM MM, and Modok are very good defenders - but blade has a class advantage against both.

Ultron is bleed immune, but blade wrecks him because GR gives him the synergy to still use danger sense.

Nightcrawler, Cable, and possibly bishop match up well against Blade, but Stark SM has a class advantage and will destroy them in lightning speed.

Medusa and Hyperion are great cosmic defenders who are a tough matchup for Stark SM, but now GR has a class advantage against them.....

See what I'm getting at? Every single defender in the game has huge weaknesses against that team. SO there is no reason not to use the 3. It's not that they need to nerf blade, it's that they need to shuffle the synergies if they want diversity of attackers.

• DrVD99DrVD99 Posts: 71
    I only have Blade as a 3* but nerfing champs is crazy. They ruined Dr Strange when they nerfed him.

Kabam should work on improving the worse champs instead. Improving Cage and Rulk was a great idea and got mostly positive feedback.
  • Dukie5021Dukie5021 Posts: 29
    So a tech defender that is a hero would work? Time to buff hulkbuster!
  • LunaeLunae Posts: 371 ★★★
    Here is another question: What champ will challenge a team of GR, Blade, and Stark SM?

Dormammu, Mephisto and Magik are 3 of the top defenders - all are wrecked by Blade's danger sense, as are mordo and juggernaut

Spiderman (classic), SM MM, and Modok are very good defenders - but blade has a class advantage against both.

Ultron is bleed immune, but blade wrecks him because GR gives him the synergy to still use danger sense.

Nightcrawler, Cable, and possibly bishop match up well against Blade, but Stark SM has a class advantage and will destroy them in lightning speed.

Medusa and Hyperion are great cosmic defenders who are a tough matchup for Stark SM, but now GR has a class advantage against them.....

See what I'm getting at? Every single defender in the game has huge weaknesses against that team. SO there is no reason not to use the 3. It's not that they need to nerf blade, it's that they need to shuffle the synergies if they want diversity of attackers.

That’s just the nature of the game. Besides the mystic class and their op abilities along with evade champs there really aren’t any hard champs to fight. I’ve never had any problems in war except when it came to mystic champs and even then the answer would always be magik for jugs, mordo, dorm, magik, etc so I’m more then glad they’ve introduced blade. Take away the mystics abilities/md and what are they, but mediocre defenders with easy to evade specials? The most you could ever really hope for against good alliances, outside of relying on mystic defenders, were and have always been time outs, slip ups and block damage because what else is there when every champ besides the mystic class has always had hard counters up until now?
    Nerfing the synergy won’t do anything to ghost rider or stark spidey because their utility isn’t dependent on it, without it theyre still great. Take it away from blade and people will still use use him, he just won’t be as amazing, but he’ll still be just as valid along with gr and ss. There is no reason not to use stark spidey on his own with the same applying to ghost so what difference will it make taking it away from blade other then taking away the very purpose he was introduced into the game? Blades ability reduction with spidey is 58% which is just 8% percent more then voodoo so how is that overpowered? Voodoo has regen, power lock/burn/drain, ability reduction, poison and md, comparing that to blades bleed combined with deep wounds how is that any different from voodoo and md? Outside of saying blade hits really hard specifically against mystics/villains/dimensional beings how is that anything more then situational or different from using starlord, stark spidey, scarlet witch or x-23 who also have the ability to finish fights quickly? I really don’t think there will be any nerfs, just like mystics ruled war, blade and friends will too until kabam introduces viable counters which will take time, people just need to be patient.
  • Stagedear85Stagedear85 Posts: 774 ★★★
    They already came out and said they won't nerf blade which I'm happy about , I have him and all the other champs and I actually use AA and Malik a lot more than I use blade or GR, even in war only 2 member in my alliance uses blade and we all have him, I think the attack diversity will help with everyone using blade but to Nerf him is just dumb and I bet people thats asking for Nerf is ones that don't have a 5* blade, every game I've played has characters that makes the game easier , from street fighter to takken and even dragon ball z, you just have to make use of what you have and better your skillz because I love my Malik , Iceman and AA I only use my blade for AQ and questing in AW I never brings him its Void , Iceman and Malik.
  • TrapTrap Posts: 124
    This thread is so pointless
  • AKTEKAKTEK Posts: 308 ★★
    lol if champs are worse u tell kabam that buff particular champ.if u get some champs with great abilities then saying to nerf.
  • AKTEKAKTEK Posts: 308 ★★
    what u want from kabam .war is not only thing there are many other quests.