**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

when kabam says that modok lab champs are totally random

lmao
vrujzreostva.jpg

Comments

• Mrbeast6000Mrbeast6000 Posts: 454
    Thats easy
  • colbyscipio987colbyscipio987 Posts: 1,027 ★★
    Something ain't adding up here...
  • GAM3RGUYGAM3RGUY Posts: 203
    edited March 2018
    Rinse that [Removed by Mod] sentry
    Post edited by Kabam Rose on
  • AndrewAndrew Posts: 238
    Thats easy

didn't said that it was hard, it just doesnt look like random to me
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    Andrew wrote: »
    Thats easy

What does random look like to you? All six different? If all six were different for every player in the game, the conclusion would be that was not random, but specifically designed to avoid duplicates in a non-random way.
  • AndrewAndrew Posts: 238
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    Thats easy

What does random look like to you? All six different? If all six were different for every player in the game, the conclusion would be that was not random, but specifically designed to avoid duplicates in a non-random way.

15xc0xztmznx.jpg
    when there are like 100+ champs in the game and i see 3 sentry right next to each other, that's doesn't looks like random to me.
    3ul3r wrote: »
    I think the odds are ((3*2*1)/(6*5*4))×1/120^6 but my stats skills are lacking.

This is just odds for 3 of the same. Not the last 3...

Nope. If you are trying to compute the odds of getting three identical things out of six, from a set of 120 things, then consider this simpler problem first. What are the odds of the first three things being identical?

The first one can be anything. No matter what it is, you're still good. But the next two must be identical to the first one. The odds against that happening are 120x120 or 14400 to one. That's the odds of that specific sequence happening: the first three in a row being identical. There are now 6!/3!3! ways for three identical things to be ordered in a total of six things, or 20 total ways to do that. So the odds of drawing (at least) 3 identical out of six are about 720 to one, 20/14400.

If you do all 60 events, the odds of any one player seeing this one time are about 8% or one out of 12.5. That's not terribly long odds.
    when there are like 100+ champs in the game and i see 3 sentry right next to each other, that's doesn't looks like random to me.

The calculated odds say that by now something between several hundred and several thousand players should have seen at least three identical champions on one map at least once. If no one saw what you saw by now, that would be very unlikely for a random system.
  • flygamerflygamer Posts: 345 ★★
    If there are 120 characters the odds of having the same 3 times in a row is 1.78%. With hundreds of people playing the levels at a time it is bound to happen.
  • AgentDoom9AgentDoom9 Posts: 263 ★★
    0pumlfpcqcjt.jpeg

Blade had fun this round
  • AxeCopFireAxeCopFire Posts: 1,115 ★★★
    lmao
    vrujzreostva.jpg

Hey bro, I found a news article about you. And by "you", I mean humans who find randomness hard to understand.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/moslive/article-1334712/Humans-concept-randomness-hard-understand.html
  • VandalSavageVandalSavage Posts: 267 ★★
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    Thats easy

You need to simplify this. People who create and/or spread what we now call "fake news" (but in the old days, we call these "lies") will never understand this.

These are the type of "people" who believe that if you flip a coin a thousand times, you will never gets tails twice in a row. It will always be head, tails, head, tails, head, tail, heads, tail, head tails, head, tails, head, tail, heads, tails, etc, etc. etc.

In other words, the result will be predictable, which by their definition, means it is random.

Nevertheless, since the PI of the sentries are all different, then it means the enemies are also all different. Evidently, random does not include the actual characteristics of the enemies.