**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

CHANGE THE DROP RATE FOR T3 CLASS CATS IN WEEKLY EVENTS!!!!!

I have ran this ridiculously monotonous and horrible quest 6 TIMES NOW and have fought Jugg and Unstoppable Colossus SOOOO MANY TIMES!!! I have not gotten a single full catalyst... NOT ONE!!! This is the worst experience I have ever had with this game. This quest is sooo incredibly boring and terrible. You give me 10% of a cat in shards EVERY F***ING TIME!... AND THEN YOU OFFER TO SELL ME 2 FOR 400 UNITS!?!?... 400 UNITS!!!! I think suffering this quest, that lacks ANY EFFORT OR CREATIVITY from a development and design standpoint, SIX TIMES should earn what I need to rank my champ. This is inexcusable. FIX IT!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,249 ★★★★★
    And you waited till you needed the catalyst then ran it?
  • Options
    RobotLegRobotLeg Posts: 25
    Yes. I don't run these for fun. As you can tell in my initial post... I don't find these events to be the most rewarding or entertaining game content. I choose to invest my energy elsewhere.
  • Options
    I don't think it is too much to ask to get one cat for completion and one for exploration... Or even just one guaranteed for exploration. That would at least give you a light at the end of the tunnel, if you are only playing for one. Once explored, then you can switch back to this horrible drop rate, I guess. Right now it just feels like I am caught in an endless loop of Unstoppable champs, expending the same energy per tile it costs to run Act 4/5, and getting let down over and over again with a 200 shard reward. And, of course, if I don't get the cats I need now, then I get to wait another week to do it all over again... It is truly torturous.
  • Options
    I am now up to 8 runs... Still not a single full cat as reward.
  • Options
    9 times... Still no full cat reward.
  • Options
    10 times... No full cat reward.
  • Options
    GoodfellaBugsyGoodfellaBugsy Posts: 43
    100% agree with your post.
  • Options
    BOOM!!!! Apparently the 11th time is the charm. Finally got a full catalyst. I'd like to hear something other than "Sorry for your luck" from a mod on this. If you guys don't see something wrong with these odds then there is something wrong with you.

... And whomever is "Flag"-ing my comments on my own post... Don't read them. Each one of those comments cost me 10-15 minutes of my life and 45 energy. If they fixed the drop rate, there wouldn't be so many of them.

FIX IT!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Mr_ChrisMr_Chris Posts: 109
    For all the energy refills you used you might have been able to just buy the deal for 400 units and got 2
  • Options
    Ran the mystic t3cc about 10 times. Got 4 catalysts out of it, 3 found and 1 formed, together with 3 mystic cores. I think the drop rate is fine.
  • Options
    DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,875 ★★★★★
    I've got like 500 t3 shard crystals and then hundreds of full t3 class cats.

They are so easy to gain and horde with solo events .

If anything the t2 ones are harder to obtain
  • Options
    xNig, congratulations. Apparently you have much better luck than I. I would certainly not be writing here if I had the same experience. I guess my point is that UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES should someone have to run that quest 20+ times for 3 cats. There should be benchmarks to be met. Like completion, exploration, or 10 runs,... anything to give you a light at the end of the tunnel. If the odds are random every time, just work in some guarantees for those with bad luck. That experience yesterday was a low point in this game for me.
  • Options
    Dark, I know that there is a point in the game when you have a bunch of them rotting in your stash. But before you get to that point, you have to earn them. So the drop rate only hurts weaker summoners trying to get stronger. So, a message to Kabam... quit beating up on the little guy.
  • Options
    So what you're suggesting is to have better drop rates for weaker summoners?

Define "weaker".
  • Options
    I don't think that the drop rates need to change based on strength. The drop rate doesn't matter after a certain point (with a certain strength of alliance) because T3 cats start falling from the sky eventually and end up something you sell so they don't expire in your stash. Due to this fact, the only people suffering from the current drop rate are those that need to fight for them, typically weaker summoners (I guess under 50k? Under 6 months playing the game? Not sure there is a specific moment that it happens. But it happens.).
  • Options
    HeroBoltsyHeroBoltsy Posts: 785 ★★★
    I agree with your statement that the drop rates should change, and one for exploration would be a great idea. I personally don't run these quests all that often, but when I do, it's pretty annoying to do a run on the hardest path and just get fragments. I do somehow have crazy luck in getting a full catalyst out of a chest, often times on my first or second run.
  • Options
    I Agree With You, But Just Do It, Contest Of Champions Shouldn't Be Easy But Not Rediculusly Difficult But Just Do It.
  • Options
    DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,875 ★★★★★
    I've got like 500 t3 shard crystals and then hundreds of full t3 class cats.

They are so easy to gain and horde with solo events .

If anything the t2 ones are harder to obtain