**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

The A.I. recovery is getting worse every day. [Gathering Information]

Comments

• Darkstar4387Darkstar4387 Posts: 2,145 ★★★
    edited June 2017
    I don't get why you all expect the AI not the be difficult... no fun if it's plain and simple and they don't attack.

They recover quicker but so what... so can we. Adjust the way you play

Difficulty isnt really the issue here, it's more than they just recover to quickly and you just adjusting to it due a lot of things.

It seems a lot more complicated, when you're adjusting then they start adjusting more and more to your tactics, instead of you baiting them they bait you , they don't fall for baits as much and are more likely to just hit you with a third or a second then a first special.

They sit in a power attack pose cancel it then as you come closer they power attack you, or when you think they're going to hoard and you go to finish you they just special you to death, or they just take advantage of you not being able to move etc.

They recover to quickly much much faster than us, they block from impossible situations or positions, change tactics, go in hyper aggressive mode, do things that we can't do.

To make matters worse while they're fighting like that an more, things start happening to our champions, our controls, our specials, network connections, lag and more.

For example, my second account was fighting storm with my Gambit, then I used the my first special point blank and they didn't move it just missed completely missed.

After I go to block and she goes to hit me with her 2nd and my block just drops for no reason and I end up getting a chunk of my health taken away.

Other people and I don't want the game simple and don't mind a challenge, but this goes beyond simply being challenging rather it turns into a frustrating, buggy, mess that isn't fun and just drains our resources and makes our champs die cause they won't respond or other things.

@ctp1223 I've noticed that to especially when fighting green hulk in alliance quest or war.
  • winniewinwinwinniewinwin Posts: 178
    All champs all the most of the time, Symbioid in AQ all the time
  • winniewinwinwinniewinwin Posts: 178
    *most all of the time
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    Jaffacaked wrote: »
    Well, my first thought was Masteries since they are recovering faster after Parries, but it's overall responsiveness. Pretty much every move is immediately countered. It's almost predictive. Lol. Makes for a good challenge.

Not when you fights opponents that can kill you in 1 shot from a full health on 5\50 or 4\55 in AQ.

I was speaking for myself. I noticed it in the Arena.
  • rwhackrwhack Posts: 1,047 ★★★
    How about this....in AQ mordo regenerated 0 out of 13 tries with an SP3...that has to be programmed....no way for it to happen otherwise.
  • OzzieontOzzieont Posts: 237
    f373ockt4w18.jpg if it was the opposite that the bosses in map 6 was easy to beat with 1 star champs probably we have a new update or something will be done
  • dkatryldkatryl Posts: 672 ★★★
    The accelerated recovery time of the AI so they can parry specials immediately following a combo is getting very tiresome.

I saw post after post in this thread recounting experiences that echo my own so it can't just be platform specific.
  • Tmasters1984Tmasters1984 Posts: 451
    Yeah. My guess is this is a feature not a bug.

It's not fair when a game represents itself as working one way but secretly does something else.
  • FireatwillFireatwill Posts: 98
    The more I've tested it on hardest ai , the more It seems like the timing of literally everything is off all of the sudden. It's in worse shape than it was 12.0 as far as fundamentals go. Every other parry, evade, intercept or special fails. Most companies would have pulled the game down for an emergency fix as bad as it is right now.
  • PurveyorPurveyor Posts: 201 ★★
    I just ate a combo in AW because I made the inexcusable mistake of using my L3. The animation stops and I'm already getting comboed when it gets back to the fight screen. This is unavoidable. There is literally no possible way to avoid taking those hits.
    Yeah I think there's a problem with the internal timing not matching the animations. you notice it on the harder battles because timing is everything
  • PurveyorPurveyor Posts: 201 ★★
    and I had to tell my alliance mates. Because it was colossus and I couldn't explain losing the health. Had it been mordo or something I could have not said anything. But losing health to colossus requires explanation. Not only did I lose health, i look like a damn fool.
    whatever the 14.0 is going to fix, I hope it comes soon because I've lucked out on battles I shouldn't have and it does make your standing in the ally look bad.

I also wonder if it's an android problem or universal because only some people are complaining but it's definitely definitely happening.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    It's frustrating me now. Lol. They're working on it for 14.0, so that's good. Driving me nuts how every L1 is blocked. Lol.
  • KazdanDarkmanKazdanDarkman Posts: 8
    He's right. We must adapt to the impossible.

In fact, the sun is hot, so I'll just turn into a block of ice to stay cool.

#Adapt
  • Tman0971Tman0971 Posts: 349 ★★
    whatever the 14.0 is going to fix, I hope it comes soon because I've lucked out on battles I shouldn't have and it does make your standing in the ally look bad.

I also wonder if it's an android problem or universal because only some people are complaining but it's definitely definitely happening.

I'm all iOS and everyone in my alliance that are on iOS are struggling with it as well so yes, universal.
    Yeah, from what I can tell most people I talk to are now losing hundreds of units on this daily. I don't think I've seen it this bad. Pretty surprised they are saying it'll be in this condition another 2 weeks.
  • I_am_GrootI_am_Groot Posts: 646 ★★
    Fireatwill wrote: »
    Yeah, from what I can tell most people I talk to are now losing hundreds of units on this daily. I don't think I've seen it this bad. Pretty surprised they are saying it'll be in this condition another 2 weeks.
    Two weeks PLUS the whole July.
    Yeah, I am floored that this wasn't fixed in the last maintenance. What could possibly have a higher priority than fixing a fundamental failure in all aspects of the game. None of this summoner appreciation non-sense has come anywhere close to what 3 weeks of complete game mechanic failure has caused everyone.
  • TillerTheKillerTillerTheKiller Posts: 280 ★★
    The best is when an enemy evades you and throws a special as you are mid combo. It is felt a lot in LoL as all the enemies evade. It's not a bug or mistake. They put it in to make everyone use more items.
    Can we get an update on this please. Another post claimed that you would be fixing it in 14.0. It's still very broken, and posts about the matter are being deleted now. There isn't a higher priority than this.
    As I've posted in other threads on these issues...

Parry is worse than ever from what I'm seeing. The release notes have this:
    "Increased the transition speed in and out of the block animation. Animation transition speed should now be consistent across all characters" WHAT DOES THIS ACTUALLY MEAN???
    Was hoping this would mean better parry and not being GLUED to your opponent's fists when he's attacking you while blocking. I was wrong.

I see it like this, they keep giving us the little 'crumb' fixes with character issues, obscure fixes like the one above which doesn't really tell you anything, and continue ignore the FUNDAMENTAL fight mechanics that were broke since 12.0
  • jeyrey2000jeyrey2000 Posts: 91
    this has been problem for awhile and its getting worse. I think hands down the worst is Rocket. He recovers from SP1 and 2 almost instantly. I on the other hand get beat to **** if i miss a SP1 or 2. Some champs are normal, even Thanos in RTOL has a cool down after his specials but some champs in AQ and AW or arena basically go from special to block or hit instantly.
    Cable mini in Map 5 AQ today... Fighting him with OG vision and *TWICE* he parried my perfectly executed 4 hit combo to SP2. Don't even get me started on parry timing/block BS . B-R-O-K-E-N!!!
    edited July 2017
    Hmm, that's disheartening. We've made a number of optimizations that should have helped to at least alleviate this issue. Do you have some more information? Like who you were using, what you were attempting to do, against who, and in which mode?

@Kabam Wolf Does anyone at Kabam actually play this game? Rhetorical question of course... I think it is safe to assume that the AI being able to do things players can't is INTENTIONAL since thread after thread we can't get any real recognition on these fundamentally broken fight mechanics right?

The frustration I and others express on this forum is because many of us love playing this game to have fun and unwind from the stresses of RL. Many of us also have invested a LOT of time and for some, money, only to have it turn into a source of constant frustration and stress, especially when alliance members are all relying on each other to progress.
  • HoidCosmereHoidCosmere Posts: 550 ★★
    ctp1223 wrote: »
    I also would like to note how the enemy can destroy me after they land an SP3 on me. Ex: Mordo/ Hyperion land an SP3 and once the animation is over I get combo'd into oblivion. No recovery time available to even block.

I was fighting Spidey OG today and after SP3 he was finishing off the heavy when my screen came back up to fight. Talk about zero chance to block or evade.
  • MonasouMonasou Posts: 142
    There's definitely been a change in AI recovery time since yellowjacket cant land special 1 or 2 anymore. it gets blocked every singe time coming out of a combo.
  • furymachine84furymachine84 Posts: 80
    You know. It's said, I'm a long time player. And I have about had it with this game. And that's sad! I usually prefer saying MCOC over just about everything. But maybe I need do just delete it and move on...
This discussion has been closed.