**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

New feature crystal need a review

Maverick75Maverick75 Posts: 628 ★★★
Sorry for the moderators, I didn’t find an existing thread for the subject.

All the following is for 5* only.

At the launch, 18 basics (good and crappy) and 6 non-basic ( = not available in the basic crystal)
Each 15 days, 1 non-basic becomes a basic.
For a crystal that last 90 days ...

With that, is it interesting to pay 50% more for something becoming quite a basic crystal ?

You will answer : better chance to drop the wanted champion. 4% against 1%. That’s true. But only 4%. Is it worth the 50% shards more ? Because the price doesn’t decrease with time ...

My questions :
- Are the sells of the new feature crystal a success ?
- When will we get other special crystals (that we could buy with 5* shards) ?

Comments

• BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Wait until the next feature crystal comes out in a couple months. Killmonger, glad hulk, Bishop, sentinel, sabretooth and then 18 other champs that can’t be repeated from this current crystal. There’s a good chance there’ll be a few god tier there
  • Maverick75Maverick75 Posts: 628 ★★★
    Maybe but what I wrote remains right.
    This crystal is overpriced.
  • DHCVoLtDHCVoLt Posts: 266
    I’d make it 12.5k for that garbage basic pool
    Maverick75 wrote: »

It’s too much to pay for the current pool, but what if the next pool contained gwenpool, Blade, archangel, Medusa, Hyperion, star Lord? That would be 6 featured and 6 god tier. That’s a 50% chance of an awesome champ (assuming the last feature champ is good). Then the rest of the pool is a mixture of trash and ok champs. I don’t know about you but I’d pay that much for a crystal with those guys.

Even if there’s 2 or 3 god or Demi god tier champs I’d think it’s worth it with the featured pool next time.

There’s no use reworking the crystal based on this current iteration, it’s completely dependent on the pool whether it’s worth 15k
  • BreakoutBreakout Posts: 35

It’s too much to pay for the current pool, but what if the next pool contained gwenpool, Blade, archangel, Medusa, Hyperion, star Lord? That would be 6 featured and 6 god tier. That’s a 50% chance of an awesome champ (assuming the last feature champ is good). Then the rest of the pool is a mixture of trash and ok champs. I don’t know about you but I’d pay that much for a crystal with those guys.

Even if there’s 2 or 3 god or Demi god tier champs I’d think it’s worth it with the featured pool next time.

There’s no use reworking the crystal based on this current iteration, it’s completely dependent on the pool whether it’s worth 15k

you forgot, that most of use only need 1 or 2 of those heroes. no need for like another blade or SL dupe and not all of the last featured champs are useable.
  • Apocalypse189Apocalypse189 Posts: 1,128 ★★★
    Solution: stop opening featured 5* crystals

Basic will havè most of them before the main featured crystal so it's a win either way
    Breakout wrote: »

you forgot, that most of use only need 1 or 2 of those heroes. no need for like another blade or SL dupe and not all of the last featured champs are useable.

Killmonger is an excellent evade counter and has the winter soldier synergy
    Glad hulk is an amazing magik, Dorm, Mephisto and some degen counter
    Bishop looks like a decent quester and a tricky defender on the right nodes
    Sabretooth could put out some awesome damage with his furies
    Sentinel is decent, impressed with what I’ve seen
    (Final feature champ not announced yet)

Just from that, they are much better than the previous featured. Void admittedly is awesome, but compare it to sentry- ****, modok- decent defender but now he can’t parry isn’t as good, TaskMaster is good but has no real place in top tiers, rag Thor is underwhelming as a defender and attacker, hela is good but the majority prefer medusa and Angela from my experience.

If I was given the choice between a pool of void, TaskMaster, modok, sentry, rag Thor, hela and KM, GH, Bishop, sabretooth, sentinel and one other. I’d much rather the second.

What do you mean, most only need 1 or 2? Yeah you can use them to carry your team in act 5 or whatever but when you have Aw and aq going on you need a couple in each one to keep up in high tiers. If you asked anyone if they’d prefer another god tier.

There’s about 90 champs in the 5* crystal right? There are about 9 god tier champs, subjective but that’s what I’m going with (blade, spark, star lord, medusa, archangel, iceman, voodoo, ghost rider, gwenpool) that’s a 10% chance for god tier from the basic, and less and less as more champs are added.

For a featured, you need 2 god tier champs in it, to equal the percentage for a god tier in the Crystal, plus you get a chance of a feature.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,192 ★★★★★
    DHCVoLt wrote: »
    I’d make it 12.5k for that garbage basic pool
    That's the problem. You can't change the cost to coincide with popular opinion. A Champ is worth the same value, no matter what people think of them.

Just from that, they are much better than the previous featured. Void admittedly is awesome, but compare it to sentry- ****, modok- decent defender but now he can’t parry isn’t as good, TaskMaster is good but has no real place in top tiers, rag Thor is underwhelming as a defender and attacker, hela is good but the majority prefer medusa and Angela from my experience.

If I was given the choice between a pool of void, TaskMaster, modok, sentry, rag Thor, hela and KM, GH, Bishop, sabretooth, sentinel and one other. I’d much rather the second.

What do you mean, most only need 1 or 2? Yeah you can use them to carry your team in act 5 or whatever but when you have Aw and aq going on you need a couple in each one to keep up in high tiers. If you asked anyone if they’d prefer another god tier.

There’s about 90 champs in the 5* crystal right? There are about 9 god tier champs, subjective but that’s what I’m going with (blade, spark, star lord, medusa, archangel, iceman, voodoo, ghost rider, gwenpool) that’s a 10% chance for god tier from the basic, and less and less as more champs are added.

For a featured, you need 2 god tier champs in it, to equal the percentage for a god tier in the Crystal, plus you get a chance of a feature.

i think you dont differentiate between mid tier and end game tier players. in higher war brackets, none of the new featured champs will be any god tier defender or attacker. you maybe need only 1 of them for diversity.

killmonger is meh, easy to handle with blade, medusa or magik. none is going for the ws synergy for attacking.
    sentinel is easy to handle with blade.
    bishop or sabertooth werent that impressive in uncollected tbh, nothing that would stop a good player with a r4 SL or sparky.
    only decent one is ghulk for killing dorms and magiks, but again you only need 1 or 2 in your battle group.

i think you dont differentiate between mid tier and end game tier players. in higher war brackets, none of the new featured champs will be any god tier defender or attacker. you maybe need only 1 of them for diversity.

killmonger is meh, easy to handle with blade, medusa or magik. none is going for the ws synergy for attacking.
    bishop or sabertooth werent that impressive in uncollected tbh, nothing that would stop a good player with a r4 SL or sparky.
    only decent one is ghulk for killing dorms and magiks, but again you only need 1 or 2 in your battle group.

But compare them to the previous pool and you can see it’s much better. That was the point I was making. If you’re looking for a god tier champ, and the next basic 18 pool has 3, then that’s the place to go for a god tier champ.
    edited March 2018

But compare them to the previous pool and you can see it’s much better. That was the point I was making. If you’re looking for a god tier champ, and the next basic 18 pool has 3, then that’s the place to go for a god tier champ.

wouldnt say so. right now its about 90 different 5* in the basic and about 10 are pretty good. now 10 out of 90 for 10k is better than 3 out of 24 for 15k.

even if you get a bad 5* from the basic, you still expand your hero pool quicker

wouldnt say so. right now its about 90 different 5* in the basic and about 10 are pretty good. now 10 out of 90 for 10k is better than 3 out of 24 for 15k.

even if you get a bad 5* from the basic, you still expand your hero pool quicker

What I said was based on my axiom that there were 9 god tier champs, if you disagree then fair enough the featured isn’t for you. I’m just talking about what some people may think, having a discussion.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,554 Guardian

Yes and no. You cannot simply argue the featured crystal is overpriced from just one set of contents. Otherwise, the original 5* featured crystal was just as overpriced for Sentry, for Carnage, for Cable, for Howard the Duck. I wouldn't spend an extra 50% on a featured crystal with any of those featureds. For the original featured 5* crystal, some were worth going for and some were not. You can't cut the original crystal that slack and not the new featured crystal.

My main problem with the new featured 5* is the contents don't get rotated fast enough, so we don't get enough variants to choose from in a year. If the original crystal only had a champ worth shooting after maybe one out of six, that was still four a year worth shooting for. If the new featured has the same situation of good and bad mixes, that would be one worth shooting after every year and a half, which is too long.
    What they should do is have a set of 8 champs a month. 2 featured and 6 of the basic 18.

So an example of this current one.

Month 1
    Sentry
    Void
    Beast
    Cyclops
    Ant man
    Loki
    Ronan
    Punisher 2099

Month 2
    Hela
    Thor Ragarok
    Storm
    Agent venom
    Mordo
    Juggernaut
    Venompool
    Civil warrior

Month 3
    TaskMaster
    Modok
    Cable
    Hawkeye
    Thor Jane
    Phoenix
    Nebula
    Doc oc

That way it’s not a 3 month wait between new feature champs and there’s a much greater chance for a champ you want, people have more choice of who they want to go for, which is what the featured crystal aims to do.
    DNA3000 wrote: »

Yes and no. You cannot simply argue the featured crystal is overpriced from just one set of contents. Otherwise, the original 5* featured crystal was just as overpriced for Sentry, for Carnage, for Cable, for Howard the Duck. I wouldn't spend an extra 50% on a featured crystal with any of those featureds. For the original featured 5* crystal, some were worth going for and some were not. You can't cut the original crystal that slack and not the new featured crystal.

My main problem with the new featured 5* is the contents don't get rotated fast enough, so we don't get enough variants to choose from in a year. If the original crystal only had a champ worth shooting after maybe one out of six, that was still four a year worth shooting for. If the new featured has the same situation of good and bad mixes, that would be one worth shooting after every year and a half, which is too long.

the old featured changed every two weeks. if a champ wasnt worth, you simply waited for the next one
    DNA3000 wrote: »

the old featured changed every two weeks. if a champ wasnt worth, you simply waited for the next one

Yeah that’s my problem with the new featured as well. If it’s bad then you have to wait 3 months. But on the flip side, if it’s good then you get 3 months for it. Imagine if next one has blade sparky ghost rider and gwenpool, you get 3 months to go crazy for them
  • SpiritOfVengeanceSpiritOfVengeance Posts: 2,353 ★★★★
    edited March 2018
    What I am worried about is what god tiers will be in the next pool of 18 because blade is someone who anyone will use if they had him for alliance war and is used a lot so if this next pool of 18 is full of garbage that only level 10s use at 10k rating in their alliance quests then it could be the same. Also ghost rider is heavily used in aq. Not sure about stark enhanced.
  • Maverick75Maverick75 Posts: 628 ★★★
    @DNA3000
    I argued in my first post :-)

The content of the next crystal will change but the dev team won’t choose a better basic pool, still good and bad champions in the same proportions.
    With a 3-month crystal, difficult to wait the second crystal to give a feedback... and wait 3 or 6 months more to see a result in a change (because it takes time to the dev team from thinking about it to pushing it in production).

@BitterSteel
    Good suggestion !
    It increases rates without being too high, justifies the +50% and is a good compromise between old and current feature
    Another option is to significatively increase the good and god champions in the basic pool.
    So you agree with my original post : it needs a review :-)
    @DNA3000
    I argued in my first post :-)

The content of the next crystal will change but the dev team won’t choose a better basic pool, still good and bad champions in the same proportions.
    With a 3-month crystal, difficult to wait the second crystal to give a feedback... and wait 3 or 6 months more to see a result in a change (because it takes time to the dev team from thinking about it to pushing it in production).

@BitterSteel
    Good suggestion !
    It increases rates without being too high, justifies the +50% and is a good compromise between old and current feature
    Another option is to significatively increase the good and god champions in the basic pool.
    So you agree with my original post : it needs a review :-)

Yes, I agree that it could be better. But I do not believe for one second that the concept is as bad as everyone moans. It’s like saying that the old feature crystal was terrible, while looking at a Kamalha Khan 15k increased chance feature crystal. If you waited to see the blade one, you’d love it. Just like in that example, if you waited to see a crystal with a good pool, the amount of people buying it would shoot up, and everyone would love it.
  • id love to see a faster cycle too, switching out the 2 oldest featured and 6 of the basic pool and bring in the new 2 featured and 6 basics.
    that way kabam gets lower odds on a specific champ (and therefore the option to reward more 5* shards) while also giving us a little wiggleroom if we want to save (cause we think the 2 new featured and 6 basic might be better then the ones goin out). if kabam would announce those basic/featured combos 2 weeks before the change that would be even better.
    right now i dont see any incentive to save for featured anymore, sure you can, over time, see the featured (cant estimate the powerlevel till they come around tho) but with 3/4th of the crystal being basic and the value depending heavily on those i wont hold my shards on the chance it might be a good deal.