**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Evade Champs

We all know that there has been issue with the evade bug for quite some time, but one thing that I think really needs to be fixed is if your opponent charges at you like say for a medium attack and you happen to time it perfectly for the intercept but the ole evade kicks in and you miss. So thinking you are screwed after the evade you swing again while the opponent comes at you for the second attack just after but.......you guessed you get evaded yet again.

Comments

• Options
    Steaks10Steaks10 Posts: 7
    I understand the evade triggering mid combo or on a special attack but I think if the opponent has committed to come at you there is no way an evade should be triggered, at least get that initial hit and then after that all is fair.
  • Options
    MattScottMattScott Posts: 587 ★★
    Steaks10 wrote: »
    I understand the evade triggering mid combo or on a special attack but I think if the opponent has committed to come at you there is no way an evade should be triggered, at least get that initial hit and then after that all is fair.

I think that a pending intercept can and should be able to be evaded however I think an evade should automatically trigger a back dash. Not just put them into a neutral stance. This would be logical.
  • Options
    Do you use either Stark Spidey or Classic Spidey for offense? If so how often does this evade trigger for you?
  • Options
    MarriMarri Posts: 260 ★★
    I haven't seen the bug in a long time. Don't get me wrong, I still get hit sometimes, but that is because parry timing changes with every update, or because I react too slowly. All evaders I face always have the backdash animation. You just don't have much time to put up a block.

Just never use M attacks, the recovery time from those is too much to put up your block on time.
  • Options
    Marri wrote: »
    I haven't seen the bug in a long time. Don't get me wrong, I still get hit sometimes, but that is because parry timing changes with every update, or because I react too slowly. All evaders I face always have the backdash animation. You just don't have much time to put up a block.

Just never use M attacks, the recovery time from those is too much to put up your block on time.

This wasn't really aimed at the evade bug, more towards when an evade champ has committed towards you for like a medium attack that you are ready to intercept but yet evade triggers, even if they continue to try after the initial miss and you get evaded again. The problem I have with it is as you get along further in the game and in wars the nodes make you intercept and if you don't learn you die. In this instance you have done what is required only to have the opponent somehow evade you when they have their full momentum coming at you.
  • Options
    BUZZdog3000BUZZdog3000 Posts: 457 ★★
    There is a big counter to evade champions that I feel like many people forget about.

Parry. If they are stunned they cant evade (Unless they are Mordo because Mordo sucks)
  • Options
    MarriMarri Posts: 260 ★★
    Solution: Never try a second hit after your intercept has just been evaded. Dash back and try again. That is skill, not an issue with the mechanic.
  • Options
    HeartlessHeartless Posts: 298 ★★
    Evade champs can be countered with iceman's coldsnap, or champions that have True Strike. No need to change evade mechanics.
  • Options
    SirTodd_83SirTodd_83 Posts: 177
    I get you mate and agree that the AI shouldn't be able to evade you while you're attempting an intercept
  • Options
    AshburnAshburn Posts: 270
    It works to our benefit as well. I was fighting iron man the other day with og dd, and when I dashed towards him he hit the sp1 but og dd still was able to auto evade. This applies to pretty much every projectile attack when I'm using og dd