**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

My experience in the global chat

ArmandStarArmandStar Posts: 1,129 ★★★
edited June 2017 in General Discussion
curious about others's experiences.

i've been in the game for a while. been active in alliance chat but haven't really used the global chat until yesterday.
in these 2 days, i got the following:

just by entering the chat and saying anything:
  • people invite me to their alliance
  • random people send me friend requests
alot

people send me friend request, i accepted immediately. they never said anything, or only said "hi" or similar, once.

people invite me to their alliance after i told them i already am in one

one guy sent me a friend request only to ask for my gender (at this time i have an avatar of the opposite gender, i can't help it D: )
i assume he was a man (and had a punisher avatar. how manly...) , i am a man (and had a gwenpool avatar. how manly...) , told him i'm a man, he didn't ask anything else. sorry, i have a 4 star antman and i wanted to have him as my avatar but i'm missing a catalyst to rank him up. it's not my fault D:

one guy sent me a friend request to ask if i wanted to trade my other account for his secondary account (i never said anything about having another account, and no one in chat mentioned anything about anyone having multiple accounts, he just randomly added me and brought the subject out of nowhere. and yes, he literally started the conversation with "hey, want to trade your other account with mine" (something along those lines, i forgot the exact words) and for a good few seconds i was like wtf, and when i told him i only had this one account, the last thing he said is it didn't matter anymore because his second account was better than mine (man, if you're reading this, that was NOT cool :( ) )

people add me to ask me for help to recruit (yes, being aware i have an alliance, they ask me for help in recruiting for theirs)

sometimes i enter the chat, say anything, and someone randomly sends me a friend request. when i accept, some of them never say anything, others only say hi.

people add me to ask to merge my alliance with theirs

one time, i get a friend request. it's only one friend request. i immediately go to accept. i lift my finger and am about to tap the "accept" button. when my finger reaches the screen, i see i have accepted someone else. yes, they're so fast, by the time my finger reached the screen to accept someone's request, someone else managed to send another request in that fraction of a second.

whenever i enter the chat, almost all of the posts are people looking for an alliance, or people recruiting for their alliance.

when recruiting, some people just copypaste the same message over and over

most recruiters look for people to clear AQ map 5 (what about map 6? )

ocasionally i see people that are in an alliance, looking for an alliance to join

one time, someone added me and the first thing they say is "i know you're the leader of your group". (you know that feeling you get when someone has been watching/following/stalking you for a while? yeah)

for some reason no one has been capable of giving a proper answer whenever i ask how to get tier 2 alpha catalysts

my experiences visiting the global chat the past 24 hours. can't wait to see what other stories the future has in store for me :D

Comments

• Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    I've had similar experiences. I even get friend requests/alliance invites just by posting on here or by posting screenshots on FB.

I avoid global like the plague. Never find anything useful there except maybe a duel target for events (but Trucos posts that on their FB page).
  • MonasouMonasou Posts: 142
    I actually joined my current alliance thanks to global chat. was looking to leave the alliance i had spent a long time in since i more or less outgrew it. had spent a day or two checking recruitment on the forums and started going down the list of alliances only to realize most had already filled up. jumped into global for a sec and saw a group looking for someone around my level doing the exact content i was looking for. so much happier now.
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    It's good for recruiting in low tier alliances but after that it is garbage
  • HeroBoltsyHeroBoltsy Posts: 785 ★★★
    edited June 2017
    *voice dripping with sarcasm* Global Chat? I've never heard of any Global Chat... I tend to stay away from global, just because, you know, you can't be sure of anything there. It generally talks about alliance recruitment, which I don't need, and whatever is trending at the moment, which I don't need to know about.
    Post edited by Kabam Spice on
    edited June 2017
    There! Not Kabam employee, just using BBCode right!
  • Average_PlayerAverage_Player Posts: 80
    I usually just troll in Global...I was testing out the Kabam word filter one time by putting alternative characters to see if Kabam filtered it or not... and shortly after, Kabam banned me from sending in game messages for almost a week.
  • DLegendDLegend Posts: 745 ★★★
    Theres a lot of trolls, pedophiles, hackers in global. Just make sure you don't reveal any personal information on global, otherwise s*** will happen.
  • GbSarkarGbSarkar Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    @HeroBoltsy, avoid using orange and goldenrod since they are the colors used by the mods
  • DLegendDLegend Posts: 745 ★★★
    smdam38 wrote: »
    DLegend wrote: »
    Theres a lot of trolls, pedophiles, hackers in global. Just make sure you don't reveal any personal information on global, otherwise s*** will happen.

I usually just send them my credit card info and they leave me alone. But then I get these weird charges on my card.

Anyone know how to get rid of those?

Contact your bank and see if they can track down activities from your bank account.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    DLegend wrote: »

I've never come across a pedophile. Must be too old.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    Should have been around during the Gifting Events, or as I like to call them, Begapalooza. Lord. The amount of neediness is real.
  • smdam38smdam38 Posts: 820 ★★★
    The begging is still there.
    I was joking/sarcastic/trolling DLegend. But thanks for looking out.
  • BCdiscmanBCdiscman Posts: 348
    Hi
  • Back when having a featured 5 star dupped was a big thing, I jumped onto global chat for about 10 mins when I got Ghost rider as my default avatar. I got alliance invites, friend requests and felt worshiped as if I was a rockstar.

Probably the best experience I've ever had on global.

Otherwise i usually see the trolls trolling the n00bs. And in early days I use to troll the trolls.

These days I stay away from it. I think that's were you catch things...
  • GunzoGunzo Posts: 719 ★★
    Global chat in a nutshell:
    -Any gurls on????
    -Join my ailance(that's how they spell alliance), we promote officers
    -Give me a 4* champ please
    -Who wants to tra7de accou7nt add me

But SOMETIMES, it's actually useful, my current alliance leader found me because I was looking for alliance on global chat
    When I didn't know Mcoc Trucos or Mcoc infobot, global was my reliable duel target source
  • A what chat? I only have an alliance chat. Never tried the global thing.
    Friend chat, not just those 2
  • A_Noob_Is1A_Noob_Is1 Posts: 762 ★★
    everything on gobal:
    1. spammers
    2. "Gift me, gift me..."
    3. "8.3 mill alliance looking for dedicated player over 300k and has a million r4 5 stars"
    4. "hey girls im hot"
    5. hashtags
    GbSarkar wrote: »
    @HeroBoltsy, avoid using orange and goldenrod since they are the colors used by the mods
    Yeah, I use cyan now. I was just curious if orange would work since the mods use it.

• SolswerdSolswerd Posts: 1,860 ★★★★
    1. This is one of my favorite threads on here in a long time
    2. I reached a new level of begging last week when someone I do not even know private messaged me directly here on the forums with "can you send me a gift?"...that was the complete message....
  • smdam38smdam38 Posts: 820 ★★★
    ArmandStar wrote: »
    i still see a lot of alliances recruiting people to clear map 5. why does no one want to do map 6?

It's expensive and hard.
  • BronzeFallBronzeFall Posts: 60
    Global is pretty toxic depending on who is on or not. I know Im always recruiting on there because I need members who will fit my alliance's needs. Recruiting from a leader's stand point, is very tiring and very boring. There is almost no point in it at times.
    Yeah, global chat is cancer now, but it's still better than Forged to Fight, the clone of Mcoc