**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Colossus Update

FluffyPigMonsterFluffyPigMonster Posts: 2,069 ★★★★★
We all know that Colossus has limitations, and is created and has not been updated since the game's inception. I suggest consideration for the following:

Colossus' armor up should be more frequent, or duration should be adjusted to give it a more significant impact on his gameplay. The stacks should be unlimited, or something significant. Each armor up should (as it does) give him an increase in his attack rating. The attack rating increase should be significant, and if the duration of each stack is significant then we're talking decent damage. In the comic book, as he increases his armor he becomes stronger.

Possibly consider an indestructible ability after a certain number of stacks.

Also, comic lore has him immune to extreme cold and heat. Cold snap, frostbite, and incinerate immune should all be considered.

A combination of increasing his armor up and the above immunities would make him significantly relevant in today's MCOC.

Thank you for this consideration.

Fluff

Comments

• FluffyPigMonsterFluffyPigMonster Posts: 2,069 ★★★★★
    Possibly reverse shock.
  • silverseraphsilverseraph Posts: 133
    something in the direction of civil warriors armor up effectiveness would even be great. I dont have him yet but i am sure i will have a colossus sent my way soon.
    There are no true shock immune champs in the game, are there?
  • cx23433cx23433 Posts: 465 ★★
    There are no true shock immune champs in the game, are there?

i do not believe so
  • Cosmos_2002Cosmos_2002 Posts: 137
    15% when attacked and when attacking to get an armour up increasing armour rating by 800 for 8 seconds.
    +100% of the above chance on Special attacks Stack upto 3.

All Attacks
    Deal +33% damage against stunned opponents per armour up effect.

SP1: Stun the opponent for 1 second per armour up effect.

SP2: This attack gets +40% critical damage rating per armour up effect.

SP3: Refresh all active armour up effects and increase their duration by 150%.

Signature Ability: Each Armour Up grants upto 27% critical resistance based on lost health.

How did you come up with the 27%

Great recommendations BTW
  • AssumedNameAssumedName Posts: 580 ★★★
    Make Collosus the first all round Immune champ.
    Bleed and Poison Immune now Shock Immune would be sweet.
    Give him double the normal Armor Rating for standard champs, also make him shift between Armor Up and Physical Resist.

But without degen, incinerate and coldsnap resistance. Wouldn't he not be an all round immunity champ?
  • CavalierCavalier Posts: 246
    He is not shock immune. even in the comics after he did some training for a group of new mutants he tells them he is vulnerable to electricity.
    Bleed immune yes. Poison immune Probably, he does not need to breath and his blood turns to metal when he changes. So I don't see how he would be. Heat, and Cold if not immune a very high resistance. he has been heated up to the point he could catch things on fire by touch.

I like the idea of his attacks being stronger the more he armors up. All attacks not just his special attacks. And his armor ups should be more frequent.
  • SeiricSeiric Posts: 16
    Id like to also advocate the above changes. Although he used to be considered as a defensive champion, this would change his current lackluster kit into an incredibly useful one, and truly represent the character in the MCOC Meta. I think the points that @Cosmos_2002 and @FluffyPigMonster have made, what I feel, to be the most reasonable courses thus far.

Degen is another matter that I would like to find a more comic aligned definition for. Taking Dormamu as an example, his is based on the concept of a soul link, and think other characters, such as Dr. Strange, able to protect themselves from those mystical or appropriate (in the case of cable) concepts. This wouldn't work for Colossus and Degen immunities could be applied to other characters in other threads. Lets focus on Colossus here :)
    Great discussion, gents. Let’s keep it up until Kabam responds
    15% when attacked and when attacking to get an armour up increasing armour rating by 800 for 8 seconds.
    +100% of the above chance on Special attacks Stack upto 3.

All Attacks
    Deal +33% damage against stunned opponents per armour up effect.

SP1: Stun the opponent for 1 second per armour up effect.

SP2: This attack gets +40% critical damage rating per armour up effect.

SP3: Refresh all active armour up effects and increase their duration by 150%.

Signature Ability: Each Armour Up grants upto 27% critical resistance based on lost health.

A stun % based off each armor up is a great idea. I’d shorten the duration depending on how long each stack lasts.

I’d also add that all of these should be considered in addition to something akin to his enigmatic ability in LOL. If the defender commits a shock, Incinerate, etc while Colossus is blocking then a % damage is reflected back.
    Mods, please let me know where to post these, I have a few more I’d like to start
  • Cosmos_2002Cosmos_2002 Posts: 137
    #FluffyPigMonster
    He can only get upto 3 stacks.
    15% isn't that high, you will effectively have a 75% to get one every combo.

I agree the duration can be decreased to 6.5 seconds (as it is currently)

It is UPTO 27% per stack , based on lost health.
    This means at almost 0% health he will get 27*3 = 81% critical resistance.

Glad you liked my idea.
  • BUZZdog3000BUZZdog3000 Posts: 457 ★★
    boost his attack. it would hurt to be hit by medal
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,281 ★★★★★
    A bit of critical resistance and poison immunity would make sense. There are loads of insurances of Colossus being hurt by heat and electricity in the comics; but he should be poison immune in his metal form.

An alternative idea for his armour ability - why doesn't he charge it up himself, like Mordo and KK do with Furies? Smaller stacks that he has to summon, but that still give him a bit of Heavy-Handedness would be cool; and a little more interesting to play.
  • DBDLC666DBDLC666 Posts: 7
    Honestly, Colossus should have pasive armor buffs that stack up to 200 stacks. Each passive armor buff increase's all attacks & decrease damage taken. Armor break debuff could remove a specific number of armor stacks, decreaseing attack & increasing his damage taken.

Colossus should be bleed & poison immune, except when all stacks of passive armor are broken. Also, he should have some way to mitigate damage from incinerate & coldsnap/frostbite. An easy way for that to happen is by making heat & cold damage passive charges that constantly eat away at his armor stacks, but he can also transfer heat & cold charges to his opponent(via heavy or speacial, maybe even an intercept). He should still have his weakness to shock, but he could take less degen damage depending on the number of armor stacks. Also, when armor broken he could take more shock damage, as well as build overheat & brittleness debuff charges that could completely remove all armor stacks unless he transfers all heat & cold charges

Finally, critical resistance is also increased by passive armor stacks. Just like before, when armor break takes away X stacks of passive armor, crit resistance goes down.

These are just my ideas, but I also like the concept of Colossus being able to charge these amor buffs as well(like nebula & gambit). They could also work in a cheeky way for all champs to inflict armor break(intercept or heay). We wanna buff him, not make him completely unbeatable, right?