**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

M o d o k event I quit. Bad rewards and not fun. What do you think.

2»

Comments

• BahamutBahamut Posts: 2,307 ★★★★
    I quit, but that’s because the 5* Crystal I got from the shards was Gambit, and the 4* Crystal was Hulkbuster. It’s a sign
  • StrStr Posts: 547 ★★
    gohard123 wrote: »
    It's a little redundant that the same people who have no trouble with the Event keep commenting. It's obvious that after a certain point, not much will challenge someone. The problem is, there are others playing the game, and it's irreverent to say someone isn't good enough or developed enough when they're saying it's too much. Perhaps you may want to consider there's something to the number of people who have brought up the same issue, and just let people have their say. The Difficulty wasn't likely created with a select few in mind.

The difficulty was definitely created with a select few in mind. End game players need a difficulty which their roster wont necessarily roll over hence are given the EXPERT difficulty. If you want to get the same rewards as those players then you should put in effort. If you cannot then it is not for you, do the lower difficulties.

I agree. The game does need to be aimed at all. I am an endgame user and with rerolls i do tend to walk through the content on hardest difficulty. However, i have tried doing it with my 4* and it took quite a bit longer and was challenging but wasnt that tough. For most people modoks lab offers better rewards than they get from aw in the same amount of time. The t2 alpha alone makes it worth it endgame.

I love playing some of these challenging nodes and find this a breath of fresh air. I would prefer them to make it a little longer and just do it once a day, but i can see why that might be frustrating for some.
  • vinniegainzvinniegainz Posts: 902 ★★★
    Contrary to popular belief you do not need 4/55s. When AW + AQ is running I have maybe 1 5/50 4* available.

It IS about having a diverse roster and investing in the right champs.

So if you cannot beat 6 fights with 5 champs of 4* 4/40s then like i said in a previous post the worst thing you can do is not do it. It is great practice at the least really augments your skills as the first one did for me.

Do not want to spend items? Then do not spend items and just see how far you get. Why does everyone think it MUST be completed no matter the amount of items used?
  • vinniegainzvinniegainz Posts: 902 ★★★
    Everyone has been looking at it as a chore, meanwhile it is litterally *free practice against end-game content (nodes)*

How can that be a bad thing? You cannot find that type of practice anywhere else in the game that costs 0 energy.
  • RiegelRiegel Posts: 1,088 ★★★★
    edited March 2018
    I have chosen not to,participate. I don't want to waste time and the rewards and weak.

Am I alone in this what do you think.

The rewards are awesome... How could you think 500 5* shards a day is bad?
  • K1lltasticK1lltastic Posts: 674 ★★★
    Worst. Event. Ever.
  • mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    to the op, you sound like you're sour from not being able to beat the hardest level on it. I happen to like it. It's challenging, each round is different. i'm not breezing through it like I do master mode event quests and all that.
  • 1ceman181ceman18 Posts: 32
    Come on people read and think before posting, he said the rewards are not worth it and I somehow agree as I've played all difficulty levels and the rewards are let's say, they're not something to write home about 200 - 300 3* 4* and 5* shards is pretty laughable considering the level of difficulty.
  • SCARESCARE Posts: 149
    eh not enough rewards for it to be worth it for me i mean it can be hard but its random you gotta remember that
  • BahamutBahamut Posts: 2,307 ★★★★
    edited March 2018
    K1lltastic wrote: »
    Worst. Event. Ever.

I wouldn’t say the WORST but, correct me if I’m wrong, M.O.D.O.K.s lab was the least popular of these types of events (the others being test of valour, trials of the king, etc.) so it doesn’t make sense not to bring back one of those
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,558 Guardian
    It's a little redundant that the same people who have no trouble with the Event keep commenting. It's obvious that after a certain point, not much will challenge someone. The problem is, there are others playing the game, and it's irreverent to say someone isn't good enough or developed enough when they're saying it's too much. Perhaps you may want to consider there's something to the number of people who have brought up the same issue, and just let people have their say. The Difficulty wasn't likely created with a select few in mind.

The top level difficulty wasn't created with a select few in mind. The top level difficulty was created to be the highest difficulty for the event. It was created with the understanding that the majority of players in the game will not be able to do it. The only time you make the top level difficulty something that the majority of all players will be able to complete is when you explicitly want that content to not be a challenge to anyone.

There is something to the number of people who are commenting on the difficulty of the highest level difficulty. That something is that it is probably working as intended. If they were commenting about a specific element of that difficulty that can be argued to be inappropriate even for the highest level difficulty of the game which is explicitly intended to foil the majority of players, then that might say something different.
  • I definitely agree, modoks lab is interesting but not worth completing for those under 180k and lesser champs.

Yes the rewards add up but it’s not worth it relative to the effort you have to put in and in comparison to past events.
  • Haji_Saab wrote: »
    The top difficulty is for the end game players. I am not in a top alliance but have a r5 5* and several r4 5*. I can breeze through it. It would be wrong to tone down the top difficulty just because your roster is not ready.

why would it be wrong? It wouldn’t affect anyone who’s able to finish the top difficulty and you’re simply making the rewards more available to a wider amount of people.

Yes if it was toned down just because one person thought they were entitled, then it would be wrong, but the reason kabam would tone it down is so more ppl could get into the rewards, not because of one dude complaining how his roster isn’t good enough
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 wrote: »

The top level difficulty wasn't created with a select few in mind. The top level difficulty was created to be the highest difficulty for the event. It was created with the understanding that the majority of players in the game will not be able to do it. The only time you make the top level difficulty something that the majority of all players will be able to complete is when you explicitly want that content to not be a challenge to anyone.

There is something to the number of people who are commenting on the difficulty of the highest level difficulty. That something is that it is probably working as intended. If they were commenting about a specific element of that difficulty that can be argued to be inappropriate even for the highest level difficulty of the game which is explicitly intended to foil the majority of players, then that might say something different.

I do not agree that it is as it should be. I've stated a few times now the reasoning behind it. An Event of this type needs to be somewhat more accessible. Not saying that the top level is not supposed to be difficult. There is a point where it crosses a threshold into being more effort than is reasonable, and I believe it just crossed it. You are free to disagree, but my stance is it's a bit too much to be productive. People keep responding with the same argument that the top level is not meant for everyone. This we know. Not all of the people commenting are that mediocre at the game. My view is besides the point of why I commented. I commented because it's the same response over and over, implying people aren't good enough or just need to get better. That's not an Umbrella Response for anyone who comments on the degree of challenge. My main point in this Thread is that I'm sure people can allow others to have their say without shooting them down for skill everytime the topic comes up.
    In any event, that's just my feedback. It's up to them what they were intending and the target difficulty. I'm not really petitioning anything. I just think people have valid points that aren't always because they can't handle it.
  • I agree, I am on the same boat.
    After panther quest, this was just too much work and stress for even lesser rewards.
    ZzyzxGuy wrote: »
    Here... try this.

navadbiaps8x.jpg

What does this do?

It's an old school attachment for Nintendo Cartridges. It gave you cheats.
  • Dr_ARCHerDr_ARCHer Posts: 125
    I have an A+ roster but only have B- skills. On most days, I have no issue clearing the Expert Level with no use of potions or boosts, sometimes even when my best champs are tied up in both AQ and AW. However, there are days when my top team all gets KOed before I can get to the boss. I think a lot depends on the kind of buffs/debuffs you get for the nodes.

Incidentally, I find the buffs/debuffs in this round of the Lab a lot more punishing than the previous round, even though my teams are stronger than before.
  • DarthPhalDarthPhal Posts: 1,064 ★★★★
    In any event, that's just my feedback. It's up to them what they were intending and the target difficulty. I'm not really petitioning anything. I just think people have valid points that aren't always because they can't handle it.

Genuine question. If the quest not being worth the rewards is genuinely not a function of difficulty, in what regard can it be considered not worth it? It has no energy cost and takes about 8-10 minutes. I'd do it 3 times a day if they offered it.
  • ob1spykerob1spyker Posts: 7
    Running MODOK twice a day is giving me enough t2a to get my fourth r4 5* without having to finish either Act5 or easy path of LOL, or even spend gobs of money just to get a fraction of a full t2a. Not to mention all the 5* shards. The worth of the MODOK event is in the accumulation, not the immediate gratification.
  • BadroseBadrose Posts: 777 ★★★
    500 free daily shards? Complaining? Give me a break! This MODOK Lab need to stay FOREVER!
  • OmniOmni Posts: 574 ★★★
    its easy for me, easy rewards, up to YOU if u dont want to get 500 5* a day

easy event but i also...

100% act 5
    became a legend ..twice
    grinded in top 150 5* arena
    already 100% uncollected for this month

You don’t become a legend twice. You became legend then you accumulated more points to your legend standing total points...what you really need is more sleep and to hop off everyone’s live stream