**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Unawakened 5* vs Awakened 4*.

For the longest time I simply refused to put any resources into unawakened characters. I have about 15 awaken 4* at rank 5, but only one awaken 5* at rank 4. The question I suppose is, should I bother with the 5* that are not awaken? Will they be better to use in chapter 5 or the Labyrinth then awaken 4*? I have 13 5* that I have done nothing with to include a Blade I just got today.

Comments

• GrimmbearGrimmbear Posts: 639 ★★★
    Wow
  • CavalierCavalier Posts: 246
    Thanks, but not the advice I was looking for
  • ZzyzxGuyZzyzxGuy Posts: 1,292 ★★★
    Ask that question but change 4* to 3* and 5* to 4* then you'll understand the "wow" comment.
    Well unawakened champs always seemed to be supper weak.
    A 5* Spiderman might have more health but will die so much faster then his 4* counterpart who is awaken
  • imnooneimnoone Posts: 316 ★★
    edited March 2018
    Depends on what those unawakened 5* champs are. ..

to give you an example ... my 5* unawakened starky sits at R4 where as my unawakened 5* SL sits at R1 ...

some champs doesn't need to be awakened to be great and are worth ranking up, specially as 5* considering the direction this game is moving in ..

Edit - Blade deserved to be ranked up asap ahead of any other champ .. awakened or not ..
    @imnoone thanks, he was the reasons for this post.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,558 Guardian
    Cavalier wrote: »
    A 5* Spiderman might have more health but will die so much faster then his 4* counterpart who is awaken

That's because the awakened ability of classic Spiderman is passive evade. Passive evade is a huge benefit to a champion especially when placed as an alliance war defender. Some champions benefit greatly from their awakened power and without it they are otherwise average or even below average. Thor and Star Lord are examples. On the other hand Iceman gains cold snap at the start of the fight which is very useful, but he is still an extremely strong champion without that ability. He is better unawakened than many champions fully awakened. It depends on what you're using the champion for. If you're using Magik on defense she has to be awakened. If you are using her on offense you will hardly notice the difference.
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    Like stated above, it really depends on the champ.

Seatin's ranking guide is a good starting point showing which champs actually need to be duped in order to be good, and several that don't need to be duped at all.

Some key examples:
    • Nightcrawler is better as a defender if unduped.
    • Spiderman is really good as an attacker if unduped but sucks as a defender. Once awakened, that switches.
    • Starlord, Voodoo, Scarlet Witch, Wolverine, Hulk, Thor, Guilly and Medusa are worthless without their awakened skill, but God-tier with it.
    • Spark, Iceman, Blade, Angela, Gwenpool, Quake, and Hype are all demi-god without being awakened, but are God-tier with it.
    Okay so we established that I need to start working on blade. What about Green Goblin, Old Man Logan, Hulkbuster, Venom, Venom pool, Electra, Colossus, She Hulk, Iron Man, Drax, Winter Soldier, Black Panther?
  • imnooneimnoone Posts: 316 ★★
    Okay so we established that I need to start working on blade. What about Green Goblin, Old Man Logan, Hulkbuster, Venom, Venom pool, Electra, Colossus, She Hulk, Iron Man, Drax, Winter Soldier, Black Panther?

Beside Drax and BP .. maybe GG ... None of them worth taking to higher rank than 2 in my opinion.
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,645 ★★★★★
    Guilly is god tier with a dupe?

Seems a little optimistic to me but who am I to argue.
  • taojay1taojay1 Posts: 1,062 ★★★
    imnoone wrote: »

Beside Drax and BP .. maybe GG ... None of them worth taking to higher rank than 2 in my opinion.

@imnoone if all of them are unduped, gg will still be good for defense, and Elektra is great if you need ability accuracy reduction. Personally I've got drax and ws at 4/55, but they need to be duped, and ws was only bc of expiring t2a
  • InfineosInfineos Posts: 126
    For the longest time I simply refused to put any resources into unawakened characters. I have about 15 awaken 4* at rank 5, but only one awaken 5* at rank 4. The question I suppose is, should I bother with the 5* that are not awaken? Will they be better to use in chapter 5 or the Labyrinth then awaken 4*? I have 13 5* that I have done nothing with to include a Blade I just got today.

lol
  • XFA_RebootedXFA_Rebooted Posts: 1,048 ★★★

Well think about Gwenpool. Ok? She dosent need to be awakened. Right? Case closed.