**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Cable?How good is he?

So i've recently gotten a five star Cable and Im wondering how good he is. What areas of gameplay is he good for?

Comments

• shchong2shchong2 Posts: 2,419 ★★★★
    Above average but not top of the class. In Mutant class, certainly these few are having higher priority over Cable: AA, Iceman, X23, Wolverine, Rogue .... no idea how would Saber-toothpick (just kidding) and Bishop turn out yet (we know on paper, and how hard to fight against AI, unsure yet by own testing in Quest, AW, AQ, etc). Still a good pull, much better than pulling White Deadpool, Cyclops, etc
  • taojay1taojay1 Posts: 1,062 ★★★
    I really wanted him as a 6 star, he fun to use. Maybe not god tier, but has a surprisingly good regen, even though it's not reliable. He's got the degen from heavy attack/bleed, incinerate/concussion from sp2, and true strike from sp3. Could be decent on defense, counters blade.
  • Mr_OtterMr_Otter Posts: 1,614 ★★★
    He lacks a definitive “kill strike”

Heavy reliant DoT that is almsot never full power, an L2 with shaky accuracy, and a useless L3

Notbad by any means but he’s close to meh.
  • XFA_RebootedXFA_Rebooted Posts: 1,048 ★★★
    Idk
  • RicemanRiceman Posts: 216
    Slightly above average. He can be kind of useful in questing with (unreliable) regen, and his special 2 has useful debuffs. Also has heavy attack that degens
  • BreybreyBreybrey Posts: 39
    I have a 6* that i use in war defense. Almost always gets a few kills
  • Spurgeon14Spurgeon14 Posts: 1,665 ★★★★
    I had heard great things about him in the past so was kinda excited when I pulled him as a 4*. But I was soon disappointed. He is alright and I think as a 6* he could be really cool, but his damage output as a 4* was pretty weak.
  • rockykostonrockykoston Posts: 1,505 ★★★★
    He is great for defense. Will definitely get you kills.

People bring debuff champs and as soon as the debuff is applied, Cable goes to work, panic sets in and he gets a kill. Very useful on hidden nodes.
  • Mr_OtterMr_Otter Posts: 1,614 ★★★
    Jordan128 wrote: »
    Mr_Otter wrote: »
    He lacks a definitive “kill strike”

Heavy reliant DoT that is almsot never full power, an L2 with shaky accuracy, and a useless L3

Notbad by any means but he’s close to meh.

"Shaky accuracy" the fudge that even mean :D

Useless level 3? That's how he gains true strike which is one of his best attributes.

Not bad, but close to meh? :D

Walking oxymoron.

Oh right true strike after L3… cause it’s so easy to get to L3 against an Evade champ or even get back into rhythm after L3. And incinerate is kinda meh overall as it’s not 100% if memory recalls and as an L2 its Damage is underwhelming and concision is not as great as most AAR methods (including pacify) and mostly a Mordo niche. And meh does not refer to bottom tier like seatin-meh but more “yeah he’s a champion”
  • AnimatronicstoAnimatronicsto Posts: 194
    Great defense champion and saved me well as he was my first R4 4* and got me through a lot of act4 and heroic event quest content. Definitely better served on defense once you are sorted out as any bleed champion is toast when they match up against him. Also, put him on a regen node and watch him regen and power flood attackers and just completely overwhelm unprepared attackers. Usually a solid kill or two a war
  • Tropical_ChrisTropical_Chris Posts: 137
    Average of offense, but excellent defender. You degen if you bleed him. And if you applh enough posion, you make him even stronger. Plus, the chance to regen and power gain can throw you off. Not to mention that there’s very little opening to his SP1 for a counter attack. And if he’s offensive ability is buffed up by the node he’s in, his SP2’s DoT can kill you