**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Why people think Blade is overpowered....

Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 1,503 ★★★★★
It's really because of AW, everyone has ranked up Mystics for tough defense. Blade melts them with ease due to his abilities. The real problem isn't Blade. It's the fact that we don't get enough rank up material to actually field a solid defense.

Blade isn't the problem, if rank up materials were more plentiful we would all have better defenses which would limit Blade's effectiveness a lot.

Comments

• NastyEfnNateNastyEfnNate Posts: 551 ★★
    I have so many t4c and gold but kabam holds T4b and t1a hostage
  • LunaeLunae Posts: 371 ★★★
    That isn’t even “the problem” anymore. The narrative has apparently changed to blade and stark spidey shouldn’t be allowed on the same team lol, with or without the synergy at that because they counter everything in the game. The only solution is champs designed to be harder in war or more boosted nodes on top on your suggestion. Some rank down tickets too even though no one wants to hear that. People just have to accept that without their mystics abilities their champs are just subpar defenders. Theres no way to nerf blade without it being pointless becaus he will still be effective, should it reallly matter if it take 10 to 20 hits more or less to ko an opponents? The fact of the matter is he does what he suppose to do as designed by the devs. I really wish they would just come out and explain their reasoning behind blade and defend the guy lol.
  • STShortySTShorty Posts: 101
    It's not just mystics the best defenders for alliance war are classified as villains across the classes. The only ones outside of that are Medusa, Hyperion, Spider-Man, and BPCW (in some cases) this can easily be solved by releasing more heroes that are better defenders that aren't mystic. It will make Blade's danger sense useless
    I agree, but because villains don’t have md or crazy mystics abilities they can be pretty much be handled by anyone from stark spidey, Medusa, starlord, x-23, magik, archangel, voodoo and etc. I just don’t get why it’s such a big deal whether people use blade or Stark spidey or another op champ for villains. In most of the war videos I see online people don’t even use blade and just tear through war with stark spidey, blade or not. Brian Grant just being one example.
  • Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 1,503 ★★★★★
    Lunae wrote: »
    I agree, but because villains don’t have md or crazy mystics abilities they can be pretty much be handled by anyone from stark spidey, Medusa, starlord, x-23, magik, archangel, voodoo and etc. I just don’t get why it’s such a big deal whether people use blade or Stark spidey or another op champ for villains. In most of the war videos I see online people don’t even use blade and just tear through war with stark spidey, blade or not. Brian Grant just being one example.

Thats how I feel, I don't need blade for anyone but mystics really. Mostly because people are only setting r3 5*s or r5 4*s. Plus my blade is r5 so he of course crushes anyone under that and I haven't run into anyone that has placed an r5 champ for defense. So the real issue is we don't have a bunch of r5s to put on defense therefore we always have an advantage when fighting.
    Zuko_ILC wrote: »
    Lunae wrote: »

Thats how I feel, I don't need blade for anyone but mystics really. Mostly because people are only setting r3 5*s or r5 4*s. Plus my blade is r5 so he of course crushes anyone under that and I haven't run into anyone that has placed an r5 champ for defense. So the real issue is we don't have a bunch of r5s to put on defense therefore we always have an advantage when fighting.

I also think that people see blade in videos and scream over powered when it has more to do with him being a rank 5 5* then being blade like you said. I can’t help but think all of this wouldn’t be an issue if he was only available as a 4* lol.
  • MarzGrooveMarzGroove Posts: 903 ★★★
    More Blade spam.... yay...
    MarzGroove wrote: »

Someone clearly didn't read the post, so I guess you are providing the spam?
  • Apocalypse189Apocalypse189 Posts: 1,128 ★★★
    I think we take this too serious tbh... Blade is NOT overpowered no matter what you think

The game is balanced let's leave it balanced.

Do you honestly think Blade can match the Critical Damage of Sparky? Of course he can't.
    Can he provide all round elequance? Debatable but imho no
    Is he overpowered? No way
  • wSWeaponXwSWeaponX Posts: 366 ★★
    Everyday with these same blade posts
  • Apocalypse189Apocalypse189 Posts: 1,128 ★★★
    TrojanX05 wrote: »
    Nerf Blade!!!

No nerf sentry
    Haha
    I really don’t think the post will stop until kabam come outs in support of blade or rolls out the counters, people just need to be patient. At this point if he gets nerfed he gets nerfed, if he doesn’t, he doesn’t. I really doubt the community’s input would change anything one way or the other lol I think the anti blade people are just looking for validation and should just start a support group.
  • MarzGrooveMarzGroove Posts: 903 ★★★
    Zuko_ILC wrote: »
    MarzGroove wrote: »

Someone clearly didn't read the post, so I guess you are providing the spam?

I read it. My comment stands.
  • GreywardenGreywarden Posts: 843 ★★★★
    People complain when champs are created and don't hit the mark or work as intended and now a champ comes along that's working exactly as intended (mystic counter) and everybody complains.

Pretty sure the complaining stops once you pull a blade.....
    Greywarden wrote: »
    People complain when champs are created and don't hit the mark or work as intended and now a champ comes along that's working exactly as intended (mystic counter) and everybody complains.

Pretty sure the complaining stops once you pull a blade.....

Lol exactly we should be pestering kabam for more buffs, not nerfs. We finally get a counter to mystic wars, and people start talking about nerfing blade, nerfing mystic dispersion etc etc. Nothings changed except one side lost their defenders and the other got a counter. I think we’re better off with blade then mystic wars, but that’s just me.

• Because they don't have him ..
    I think we take this too serious tbh... Blade is NOT overpowered no matter what you think

The game is balanced let's leave it balanced.

Do you honestly think Blade can match the Critical Damage of Sparky? Of course he can't.
    Can he provide all round elequance? Debatable but imho no
    Is he overpowered? No way

That's exactly my point, he seems over powered due to other variables.

1. Most people maxed him out so he is the strongest champ in game for 90% of the r5 5*s.
    2. Most people haven't been able to rank up defenders besides mystics (as we knew they were the best defenders) Blade counters them so our defenders are now weak defenders. We don't have rank up material to correct the problem, trust me I'd rank down some of my old mystic defenders if I could.
    3. The harder content is still coming, we are playing catch up and 6*s were just released so the heros that seem overpowered now won't be in a few months.