**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Nighcrawler stance change exploit (dash back AI bug)

So I have noticed this for a little while now. Basically waiting for any AI champ to dash back, hold a sold block and then throwing a light attack in the air with your champ causes them to stand in place, holding block.

This AI exploit has severely devalued nightcrawler as a defender. Here is a video of my showcasing the bug and switching his stance multiple times without ever hitting him on his block. Also showcasing the same AI behavior vs a medusa. Would appreciate if you could resolve this situation. With the current state of AW, and an unduped NC being one of the very few liable defenders without a villain tag...it's important to keep his viability and prevent bugs like this affecting him.

https://youtu.be/Ky82jt0YQfA

Comments

• taojay1taojay1 Posts: 1,062 ★★★
    Maybe it was done on purpose....it's weird how throwing a light causes them to freeze up like that.
  • LunaeLunae Posts: 371 ★★★
    Right because bg and friends haven’t talked about it on their streams countless of times, but you’ve “noticed this for a while”. Lulz
  • Before they fix this I wish they would fix the broken auto evade. I don't like the fact that what makes them such awesome defenders is a broken mechanic. Fix auto evade and they're still good defenders just not so nuts like now.
  • wSWeaponXwSWeaponX Posts: 366 ★★
    Oh niceee, thanks for the info, this will make his fights a lot easier for me
  • WildpantsWildpants Posts: 148
    edited March 2018
    "So I have noticed this for a little while now"... Sure bro, whatever you say lol. It's because of people like you we can't have nice things. Probably about 5% of the total player base knew this. Now you're announcing it to everyone. smh
  • Savio444Savio444 Posts: 1,781 ★★★★
    Wildpants wrote: »
    "So I have noticed this for a little while now"... Sure bro, whatever you say lol. It's because of people like you we can't have nice things. Probably about 5% of the total player base knew this. Now you're announcing it to everyone. smh

Yes, tried it in aq and works,
    @RandomlyGenerated , Thanks for this “exploit”.

• Before they fix this I wish they would fix the broken auto evade. I don't like the fact that what makes them such awesome defenders is a broken mechanic. Fix auto evade and they're still good defenders just not so nuts like now.

Mate here’s the thing. In AW right now the situation is dire. You’re seeing sub 10 deaths for both teams combined. Now I can’t care less what’s causing a death...broken mechanic, broken device, broken WiFi...all that matters is getting deaths and NC ain’t delivering.

@Kabam Miike would appreciate an update on this.

If he isn’t delivering kills.. change the node you place him on.. 99 percent of people don’t even use this dash back and switch him...
    Because ANY MUTANT NODE.. 99 percent the time is either nightcrawler... or a diverse easy kill..
    And bring iceman for it.. or rely on stun.. parry hit while stunned repeat.. easy easy easy..

Maybe not an exploit... maybe it’s a SKILL to understand how the AI controls NC.. Yeno the way the game is coded.. the AI is tuned to understand your fighting style.. maybe somebody smart figured out AI playstyle of NC...

If your NC isn’t getting you kills? So what maybe the fact that NC isn’t the best defender in the game.. if your that bothered about getting war kills.. take yourself up a r4 duped Medusa or duped Hyperion or just place diverse or understand even if you rank 5 she hulk or NC there probably both not gonna hold up in war.. the war nodes are nothing like theyvused to be.. blind war no thorns no degen nodes no start with 2 power bars.. now theres diversity.. the game is not what it used to be..

Adapt yourself to the game
    Use the NC tactic for WHEN YOU FIGHT NC
    Save yourself deaths and items..

You will 100 percent not get banned for using this method on NC.. it’s not an exploit because it’s not a 100 percent guarantee to work.. it’s simply somebody has learnt the AI and how to trick it for a moment.

I'm usually all for adapting. We place full diverse with r5 5*s a'plenty on defense. You are correct...war ain't what it used to be. The only adaptation I can think of right now is joining the scum of pilot alys.

I don't have my NC ranked yet, and this is a 100% guaranteed behavior. If the dash back, hold an actual sold block, and you throw a light...it happens 100%. I see my teammates and myself use it, and I see the enemy team use it. And on both ends it's severely devaluing the champ. War is easy nonsense now, no reason to make it any easier.
  • JaffacakedJaffacaked Posts: 1,415 ★★★★
    Before they fix this I wish they would fix the broken auto evade. I don't like the fact that what makes them such awesome defenders is a broken mechanic. Fix auto evade and they're still good defenders just not so nuts like now.

Mate here’s the thing. In AW right now the situation is dire. You’re seeing sub 10 deaths for both teams combined. Now I can’t care less what’s causing a death...broken mechanic, broken device, broken WiFi...all that matters is getting deaths and NC ain’t delivering.

@Kabam Miike would appreciate an update on this.

If he isn’t delivering kills.. change the node you place him on.. 99 percent of people don’t even use this dash back and switch him...
    Because ANY MUTANT NODE.. 99 percent the time is either nightcrawler... or a diverse easy kill..
    And bring iceman for it.. or rely on stun.. parry hit while stunned repeat.. easy easy easy..

Maybe not an exploit... maybe it’s a SKILL to understand how the AI controls NC.. Yeno the way the game is coded.. the AI is tuned to understand your fighting style.. maybe somebody smart figured out AI playstyle of NC...

If your NC isn’t getting you kills? So what maybe the fact that NC isn’t the best defender in the game.. if your that bothered about getting war kills.. take yourself up a r4 duped Medusa or duped Hyperion or just place diverse or understand even if you rank 5 she hulk or NC there probably both not gonna hold up in war.. the war nodes are nothing like theyvused to be.. blind war no thorns no degen nodes no start with 2 power bars.. now theres diversity.. the game is not what it used to be..

Adapt yourself to the game
    Use the NC tactic for WHEN YOU FIGHT NC
    Save yourself deaths and items..

You will 100 percent not get banned for using this method on NC.. it’s not an exploit because it’s not a 100 percent guarantee to work.. it’s simply somebody has learnt the AI and how to trick it for a moment.

I'm usually all for adapting. We place full diverse with r5 5*s a'plenty on defense. You are correct...war ain't what it used to be. The only adaptation I can think of right now is joining the scum of pilot alys.

I don't have my NC ranked yet, and this is a 100% guaranteed behavior. If the dash back, hold an actual sold block, and you throw a light...it happens 100%. I see my teammates and myself use it, and I see the enemy team use it. And on both ends it's severely devaluing the champ. War is easy nonsense now, no reason to make it any easier.

Wow so you use it an in your mind it's an exploit, why use it then ?

What alliance are you in ?
  • JaffacakedJaffacaked Posts: 1,415 ★★★★
    Also what is the difference between this an the other way everyone used to switch NC before by hitting block ? Both ways trick the ai
  • I_Like_TurtlesI_Like_Turtles Posts: 91
    Jaffacaked wrote: »
    Also what is the difference between this an the other way everyone used to switch NC before by hitting block ? Both ways trick the ai

Don't tell them that. lol, they might get upset
  • edited March 2018
    Good I'm glad it devalues the champ! Tired of fighting same cheap AI controlled champs.....NC Evade is a cheap game mechanic and NEEDS have a way get around him....tired of him, Hyperion with Turtling and gain power till L3, Magik and her BS auto damage everyone limbo activates, Dormammu and his Degen auto damage, MODOK......arghhh. NONE of these champs say anything about skill or how well u play they just make game boring and it's a same champs over and over.....great for you wallet warriors who have every God Tier cheap champ in game...but for rest of us it just makes us want start searching for a more innovating game that has a WELL rounded roster of champs to fight with.

BTW...wasn't the idea of nerfing Scarlett Witch, Thor, D Strange, and B Widow to make this game more BALANCED and not have same champs used over and over in game.......oh wait those champions helped EVERYONE beat content in game....these just cater to rich and make Kabam money......nevermind. Continue using SAME champs over and over (Iceman, Dormammu, Magik, Classic Spiderman, Night Crawler, Hyperio, Modok)......it's so.....EXCITING

Doesn’t it get old? Keep whining about the same old things instead of actually looking for solutions. That’s how you progress :)
  • rockykostonrockykoston Posts: 1,505 ★★★★
    edited March 2018
    Man, I don't know what is so hard about NC if you play against him enough. I am an average player and I take on that "Stun Immune, Bleed Immune" NC in every war. Usually it takes just one champ to take him down and I am talking about a 10-13k unduped NC.

If he is not getting you kills, then it does not necessarily mean that he is a bad defender, players get better if they keep playing against the same champ.

Like, Cable/mordo/Magik were killing me few wars ago, but now I expect them and kill them easily.
  • LunaeLunae Posts: 371 ★★★
    Good I'm glad it devalues the champ! Tired of fighting same cheap AI controlled champs.....NC Evade is a cheap game mechanic and NEEDS have a way get around him....tired of him, Hyperion with Turtling and gain power till L3, Magik and her BS auto damage everyone limbo activates, Dormammu and his Degen auto damage, MODOK......arghhh. NONE of these champs say anything about skill or how well u play they just make game boring and it's a same champs over and over.....great for you wallet warriors who have every God Tier cheap champ in game...but for rest of us it just makes us want start searching for a more innovating game that has a WELL rounded roster of champs to fight with.

BTW...wasn't the idea of nerfing Scarlett Witch, Thor, D Strange, and B Widow to make this game more BALANCED and not have same champs used over and over in game.......oh wait those champions helped EVERYONE beat content in game....these just cater to rich and make Kabam money......nevermind. Continue using SAME champs over and over (Iceman, Dormammu, Magik, Classic Spiderman, Night Crawler, Hyperio, Modok)......it's so.....EXCITING

Doesn’t it get old? Keep whining about the same old things instead of actually looking for solutions. That’s how you progress :)

Really...took about 3-4 weeks from...when you actually knew about it to finally come...up with this brilliant solution, which is...report it...to kabam? Lol guess your not a total hypocrite tho, since your weren’t whining about until you decided to rank up your nc... :)...,...
  • MannysmokerMannysmoker Posts: 314
    Why instead of complaining about a thing that helps the players u don't mention the fact that NC can attack in the same frame of an evasion, but no ''I'm planning on ranking up my NC so I don't want it to be face rolled'' kinda of a hypocrite thing to point out, cuz I'm sure you have been doing it yourself...
  • KynnyKynny Posts: 104
    Why instead of complaining about a thing that helps the players u don't mention the fact that NC can attack in the same frame of an evasion, but no ''I'm planning on ranking up my NC so I don't want it to be face rolled'' kinda of a hypocrite thing to point out, cuz I'm sure you have been doing it yourself...

It doesn't help the players who use him on defense.
  • Why instead of complaining about a thing that helps the players u don't mention the fact that NC can attack in the same frame of an evasion, but no ''I'm planning on ranking up my NC so I don't want it to be face rolled'' kinda of a hypocrite thing to point out, cuz I'm sure you have been doing it yourself...

last I checked we were consistently fighting piloters in war and competing with arena mercs in the featured 5* arena. Why should I care about helping the players? At this level with how rampant cheating is...I'd much rather the majority of the player base in the top tiers be banned, like they deserve to, than enjoy a little exploit that lets their pilot save a few potions.
  • beyonder8421beyonder8421 Posts: 881 ★★★

last I checked we were consistently fighting piloters in war and competing with arena mercs in the featured 5* arena. Why should I care about helping the players? At this level with how rampant cheating is...I'd much rather the majority of the player base in the top tiers be banned, like they deserve to, than enjoy a little exploit that lets their pilot save a few potions.

I agree with you. At this point, at least I know Kabam is doing damage control on alliance piloting (when someone flags them). But the player base is still cheating. So at some point I have to stop blaming Kabam for the unfairness of AW and AQ, and look around me. I never been in an alliance that didn't rely on cheating since wars were introduced. So what should we expect? This game will be unfair most of the time in regards of account sharing. And there are so many exceptions to the rules (like having multiple accounts), that it is perhaps impossible for Kabam to forbid this behavior successfully.

I do think that you should have just sent a ticket to them instead of a thread. I heard BG saying there was an exploit around NC, but didn't know what it was until now. I guess I am not the only one. So you probably made NC more ineffective in the short term.

I suppose they will not ban anyone for this, as they recently had to change Gwenpool for another exploit, and as far as I know, no one was punished by using her that way.