**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

LAG/dropped combos-PLEASE RESPOND [Under Investigation]

PonyboyPonyboy Posts: 122
edited June 2017 in Bugs and Known Issues
@Kabam Wolf

This is across all android versions and iOS,
My whole alliance is experiencing choppy lag movements and late responses to fighting as well as map and menu tabs. This is AQ, AW and whole game in general.
Can we PLEASE get an explanation and how to resolve this. Performance was "fine" for the first time, in over a year, about a week ago. What changed? This is destroying our champs and making the game frustrating since it's beyond our control. The Ai DOES NOT lag, by the way.

Also, does lag have anything to do with dropped combos?

Please respond! I've never actually seen any dev tackle the issue of lag
Post edited by Kabam Wolf on

Comments

• nidarosnidaros Posts: 8
    My alliance is suffering similar problem. Our AQ team was destroyed in first section of map 5. We typically hit 90mill mark regularly, so it's not us. The game is lagging, the blocks are not working, and heroes are taking mass damage from light punches.

Nidaros
  • Animesh_95Animesh_95 Posts: 15
    13_ wrote: »
    The AI is Lag free. In fact, it's faster than before. reaction times, counters, everything. was this the motive of update 13? to make the game more challenging by handicapping live players while the AI is smooth af?

how is this nerf helping players get better at winning? if anything, it forces them to use more potions and revives to win even the not so challenging fights. the player cant evade or parry without lag causing them to either block or get hit. whereas the AI can do it all without any glitches. i've seen the AI hit multiple chains of combos without even pausing after 5 hits the way all players have to. whenever we finish the 5th hit (especially a MED attack) the game automatically slows the character down enabling the AI to land a hit. i havent seen this happening before the last update.
    are you punishing everyone because we hate you, kabam? we only hate you because you wreck things we love. you should know that.

Gameplay is so rough now...time lag occurs every now and then which ain't helping at all..plz fix it kabam
  • Animesh_95Animesh_95 Posts: 15
    Ya right..Yesterday it was fine...today the game became so broken..lags are occuring everywhere be it master mode,arena,AQ etc.
  • Big lag experienced across all fight modes on my iPhone 6S with latest software and strong WiFi. Truly screwing with my AQ and wrecked a shot at Legends Run!

Kabam... please respond
  • PonyboyPonyboy Posts: 122
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Wolf

This is a serious issue on par, or above the double evade bug. It's been bad for the past year, but sometimes in the morning (400 CT) it would run smooth. But now, it's just constant as well much worse with the new hyper-Ai.

I don't give a **** about the Ai being insanely OP if I had CONTROL of my champs. It can be done.

But it's one or the other. Fix the lag, or revert the Ai.

Here's an example. Yesterday, the lag in AQ was so bad, my champ was just slowly hitting an enemy during a basic 5-hit combo that they were able to react and block after 3rd hit. It goes without saying they retaliated.

This happens everyday to everyone. This is serious Kabam!

Did anyone else feel that maybe the following 2 days after they fixed the double evade bug, it actually felt like smooth gameplay? Kabam, please respond to why it WAS good for brief period. I'm giving you the timeframe of what day and just do what you guys did then.

But why is it SO bad now?
  • OzzieontOzzieont Posts: 237
    Also been experiencing same issues also posted in several places about the issue started a new discussion that was close by moderator the game closes lagg and the auto fight is more aggressively fighting you stun or Parry and automatic recover so I was expecting to this be resolved last night but the game was back in 15 minutes with the same issues can't play like before cause the mechanics don't respond like they supposed
  • CptCrutchCptCrutch Posts: 21
    edited June 2017
    Bump for acknowledgment on the FPS/Lag issues...

Hey Kabam. I'm sure one of your employees has an LG G5 if not I'm sure someone knows someone who does. Login and play 1 game. There is clearly a lag and delay issue. Its appauling to not at least acknowledge it. You'll acknowledge the dash back issue and other G5 issues but sit here and ignore masses lagging.

You guys will lose a lot of support. You already have been which is a shame. Sure bugs are a part of any game but you guys struggle to fix a lot of the glaring issues.. If your programmers are having issues figuring out months old issues maybe it is time to hire new ones? We live in a competitive society and world, someone who loves Marvel and actually gives a **** would figure this out. Just admit to the player base that on some of the bugs you guys have been struggling to figure it out thus the delays in any relative fixes. But you guys will never admit to your shortcomings. Bad for business right?
    Thanks!

But we're just shootin the **** with each other on this issue. It's the bottleneck of CONSTANT data transfers that's crippling gameplay. I have no idea tbh. But just the fact that IMMEDIATELY after the latest update that lag issue totally smoothed out for that day in particular. What was so damn different about that day?! And it's the cold shoulder that brews the conspiracy theories. I hope that's a keyword to read this thread.

Honestly, since the lag is so damn bad now it's falling into just a very on-par fighting game. No longer has the intrigue and uniqueness as other fighting games. I'd rather play a smooth **** game than deal with "adjusting" my fight style with the lag
  • AddyosAddyos Posts: 1,090 ★★★★
    Having all these issues as well. Also with champs moving on their own. IPhone 6s plus. Tried a hard reset, removing my case and screen protector, continuously resetting my Internet modem, even resetting all my settings. I don't know if it is a network, phone hardware or game problem, but it is severely impacting my game play in AQ, AW and even questing.
    Wanted to do a RoL run but with these lags, freezes and sudden movements it is impossible to do this now.
  • Yes, This is happening all over the world!! Our alliance lost map6 due to this!! So irritating!!
  • Lambda1Lambda1 Posts: 200 ★★
    13_ wrote: »
    The AI is Lag free. In fact, it's faster than before. reaction times, counters, everything. was this the motive of update 13? to make the game more challenging by handicapping live players while the AI is smooth af?

how is this nerf helping players get better at winning? if anything, it forces them to use more potions and revives to win even the not so challenging fights. the player cant evade or parry without lag causing them to either block or get hit. whereas the AI can do it all without any glitches. i've seen the AI hit multiple chains of combos without even pausing after 5 hits the way all players have to. whenever we finish the 5th hit (especially a MED attack) the game automatically slows the character down enabling the AI to land a hit. i havent seen this happening before the last update.
    are you punishing everyone because we hate you, kabam? we only hate you because you wreck things we love. you should know that.

Agree 100%.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think it's the first time Kabam doesn't communicate at all about gameplay issues (even partially or late).
  • OzzieontOzzieont Posts: 237
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mX5cz-rYDn4 the game has lots of issues i get disconnected or the app just closes on AQ sometimes the lag is extremely horrible that you just need to restart the game and no answer yet
  • Kabam WolfKabam Wolf Posts: 1,277 ★★★
    Hey everyone. I'm sorry for the delay on getting back to you on this. The team is currently looking into the lag and latency issues, and they're looking to have some improvements ready for the next update. Thanks so much for bearing with us.
    You know what @Kabam Wolf , thank you for a response...stock response or not, this is an issue and only getting worse.

We want this game to run smooth, or else we can just play a PC or console.

TBH, I don't see how LAG can be resolved through an update. Maybe fixing specific phone issues like iPhone 6 and that. But I'm not a tech wiz. I do want to give Blackened a bit of praise for his vid that shows you guys "streamlining" certain data files for bug fixes and not so much constant data transfers

There's 10s of thousands of players who play this 24/7 content game. I understand when there's heavy traffic, you get lag. But please catch up
    @Kabam Wolf

You're gonna have to be more clear. Is this a response to the "spinning wheel" issue or the lag/unresponsiveness?
  • Kabam WolfKabam Wolf Posts: 1,277 ★★★
    @ponyboy. Sorry for the lack of clarity. I was specifically referring to general lag, but the good news is the team is also working hard on the infinite spinning wheel issue. They're looking to have a fix in the next update for that as well.
    Ok @Kabam Wolf Thanks man!
  • MEKA5MEKA5 Posts: 344 ★★
    @KabamWolf any ETA ?
  • Bronx425Bronx425 Posts: 22
    I just lost Voodoo and Ultron, to not only lag but both champions seemed as if they were on auto play? Lost them both in War. Kabam could you please address this ?
  • JaffacakedJaffacaked Posts: 1,415 ★★★★
    Kabam Wolf wrote: »
    Hey everyone. I'm sorry for the delay on getting back to you on this. The team is currently looking into the lag and latency issues, and they're looking to have some improvements ready for the next update. Thanks so much for bearing with us.

@Kabam Wolf so is the update that's happening at the end of July, v14.0.

If so what do we do in the meantime, were having an "appreciation month" because we had over a month if horrendous gameplay an issues. If the v14.0 is at the end of July then we're back to over a month of the same things.

In AQ am getting psylock launching a sp attack before her animation of a heavy attack has even finished. An that's just one thing on a very long list. These issues have definitely gotten worse over the last week since one of your maintenance breaks
  • TryakshaTryaksha Posts: 202
    The lag is not even funny.. am on android.. was doing the master punisher and had to review my team 3 times to finish the final chapter just because of the lag.. i have to keep apologizing to me team mats because i cannot even clear two nodes in aq.. and to make things amazing kabam has reduced the options for alliance revives . sigh.. i just dont want to fight anymore..
  • Tmasters1984Tmasters1984 Posts: 451
    It's a problem at high levels where timing needs to be perfect.

If the game didn't have this difficulty tier it'd be bearable, but, it does, so the expectation here is the game needs to play perfectly in order to play perfectly.
    @Virux totally agree. It's not an updated version to clean the lag up. It's catching up with the growing members of the game. Members who get attached to the game and dedicated to their alliances who stick around. There's no revolving door, for the most part. It is a hardware issue that needs an update
    @Virux

Actually, there could be a way to "organize" or compress some of the data transfers so it's no so damn cluttered. That could actually help the lag issue. I have no idea if Kabams hardware is up to date or who they have running it.

I mentioned mcoc blackened's vid he posted on Reddit that said he had hope with the recent 13.1 update. There was like 1 day immediately after the update the game was running top notch. What happened after that? Idk. But it sounded like a step in the right direction.

I feel like you about the compensation, just fix the issue. It's been an issue for too long. I even say stop the ALL the new champs until the lag and system issues are resolved.